[net.test] The death of net.test

c50p-az@dorothy.Berkeley.EDU (E. Stephen Mack) (10/02/86)

In article <5259@cbneb.UUCP> adm@cbneb.UUCP writes:
|This site does not seem to be able to post news outside of a very restricted
|domain ( i.e. the same computer ).

Guess again!

This posting gives me an opportunity to comment on some very important
issues relating to net.test and news in general.

Lately, I've noticed that this group really does seem to have a very high
signal-to-noise ratio.

Witness some previous postings:
> line 2
> [...]
> line 4

And, while I hate to repost this, I feel it is necessary:

In article <43433@sillynumbers>, isnb@ihn6!ucdex!osgood!osborn!osric!ihnp3!hercules!mighty (Edward Teller) writes:

> testing

Of course, the following extremely eloquent comment deserves to be repeated:

> asdflkjjfjf tes
> dff ft

and I don't know how many more times I can take ANOTHER PERSON adding

> I hope this gets out

Really, do we all need to respond with the same information?  Net.test
is for our benefit, and I really think we're abusing it.  In fact,
it gets me really angry, so hit 'n' now to avoid the following flame:

just kidding