[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Is ``spy'' available by FTP?

Is the ``spy'' program available by FTP?  I want to see the messages being
sent to a program I'm hacking at...

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson

gpsteffl@sunee.waterloo.edu (Glenn Patrick Steffler) (03/26/91)

In article <NELSON.91Mar24221634@sun.clarkson.edu> nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu (aka NELSON@CLUTX.BITNET) writes:
>Is the ``spy'' program available by FTP?  I want to see the messages being
>sent to a program I'm hacking at...
>
>--
>--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
>It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson
>I joined the League for Programming Freedom, and I hope you'll join too.

"Spy" is a Software Development Kit program.  Thus it certainly can not
be used without buying the SDK.  Otherwise, the FTP host would be in
large amounts of trouble for allowing a commercial program to be placed
in public access archives.  I have no idea if there is a share/free
ware substitute.

--
Co-Op Scum                            "Bo doesn't know software" - George Brett

"The galaxial hearth steams the sea as the sky blood red embrasses darkness"
-John Constantine (HellBlazer)                          Glenn Steffler

In article <1991Mar25.202317.13336@sunee.waterloo.edu> gpsteffl@sunee.waterloo.edu (Glenn Patrick Steffler) writes:

   In article <NELSON.91Mar24221634@sun.clarkson.edu> nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu (aka NELSON@CLUTX.BITNET) writes:
   >Is the ``spy'' program available by FTP?  I want to see the messages being
   >sent to a program I'm hacking at...

   "Spy" is a Software Development Kit program.  Thus it certainly can not
   be used without buying the SDK.

Boy, I could have sworn that ``spy'' was written by Michael Geary, of Gupta
Associates, and that it was free and came with source...

--

drift@qut.edu.au (Glenn Wallace) (03/27/91)

In article <NELSON.91Mar24221634@sun.clarkson.edu>, nelson@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Russ Nelson) writes:
> Is the ``spy'' program available by FTP?  I want to see the messages being
> sent to a program I'm hacking at...
>
> --
> --russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.

If you are talking about SPY from Microsoft ... it is part of the SDK
and I doubt if someone would make it available via FTP!!

I have not seen a Public Domain SPY clone.

Glenn.

| Glenn Wallace     | Net: DRIFT@QUT.EDU.AU                   |
| Drift Project     | Fone: +61 7 837-7126 Fax: +61 7 221-0173|
| Telecom Australia | Snail: 11th Flr 144 Edward St.,         |
+-------------------+        Brisbane, Q4000 Australia        |
| Disclaimer - The opinions expressed must be my own, because |
|              Telecom is a statuatory authority and as such, |
|              is not capable of having opinions.             |