[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Debugging with a single monitor

drift@qut.edu.au (Glenn Wallace) (03/28/91)

In article <1119@nih-csl.nih.gov>, bert@helix.nih.gov (Bert Tyler) writes:
> Can anyone shed some light for me on the status of single-monitor or
> dual XGA/VGA monitor Windows debugging?  I want to add some
> palette-management capability to Winfract, but I'm nervous about
> starting this project without the aid of a Windows debugger.

[stuff deleted]

MS has a version of CVW that supports single monitor debugging, ideal
for those of you that have a PS/2 (and can't afford more video cards).

It is CVW version 3.05. If you are using anything but standard
VGA driver, you will need to install VCV.SYS (?) which handles
restoring the screen when using other drivers.

MS have given me a beta copy, and I'm sure they have announced it
(I've seen it mentioned here even)

I'm not sure when the release version will be available.

Glenn.

| Glenn Wallace     | Net: DRIFT@QUT.EDU.AU                   |
| Drift Project     | Fone: +61 7 837-7126 Fax: +61 7 221-0173|
| Telecom Australia | Snail: 11th Flr 144 Edward St.,         |
+-------------------+        Brisbane, Q4000 Australia        |
| Disclaimer - The opinions expressed must be my own, because |
|              Telecom is a statuatory authority and as such, |
|              is not capable of having opinions.             |