[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Percent done "gadgets" -> SDK Notes

drift@qut.edu.au (Glenn Wallace) (03/31/91)

In article <149000016@eriador>, mguyott@eriador.prime.com writes:
> I am going to be writing an application that will be using the % complete
> boxes like you see in many of the MS Window program installation screens.
..
> Marc Guyott              Constellation Software, Inc.          (508) 620-2800
>                          Framingham, Mass. 01701 USA                Ext. 3135
> mguyott@primerd.prime.com       ...!{uunet, decwrl}!primerd.prime.com!mguyott

The source code to MS SETUP (same as used for Excel, Ppt etc) is part of
the MS SDK Notes package and is available from MS for $25 ish.

It has the "% complete box" thingy in it.

Glenn.

+-------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| Glenn Wallace     | Net: DRIFT@QUT.EDU.AU                   |
| Drift Project     | Fone: +61 7 837-7126 Fax: +61 7 221-0173|
| Telecom Australia | Snail: 11th Flr 144 Edward St.,         |
+-------------------+        Brisbane, Q4000 Australia        |
| Disclaimer - The opinions expressed must be my own, because |
|              Telecom is a statuatory authority and as such, |
|              is not capable of having opinions.             |

green@vis.toronto.edu (Anthony Thomas Green) (04/03/91)

drift@qut.edu.au (Glenn Wallace) writes:

>In article <149000016@eriador>, mguyott@eriador.prime.com writes:
>> I am going to be writing an application that will be using the % complete
>> boxes like you see in many of the MS Window program installation screens.
>..
>> Marc Guyott              Constellation Software, Inc.          (508) 620-2800
>>                          Framingham, Mass. 01701 USA                Ext. 3135
>> mguyott@primerd.prime.com       ...!{uunet, decwrl}!primerd.prime.com!mguyott

>The source code to MS SETUP (same as used for Excel, Ppt etc) is part of
>the MS SDK Notes package and is available from MS for $25 ish.

>It has the "% complete box" thingy in it.

>Glenn.

That source is also available on MS Online. I ripped the % complete stuff out
of that and made a custom control. I'll ask my employers if they
mind me posting it (shouldn't be a problem). Otherwise, I could mail the
SETUP code to interested parties.

Anthony Green
green@vis.toronto.edu

tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) (04/03/91)

drift@qut.edu.au (Glenn Wallace) writes:
> The source code to MS SETUP (same as used for Excel, Ppt etc) is part of
> the MS SDK Notes package and is available from MS for $25 ish.
> It has the "% complete box" thingy in it.

We got our SDK Developers' Notes from MS Canada, and they were free.  That
may be just MS Canada, though.

[ \tom haapanen --- university of waterloo --- tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu ]
[ "i don't even know what street canada is on"               -- al capone ]