[comp.windows.ms.programmer] BC++ vs C6/SDK and tinkering

drift@qut.edu.au (Glenn Wallace) (04/08/91)

In article <28737@spudge.UUCP>, johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) writes:
> Most of the negative comments I've seen directed at it indicate a large
> number of people who are very new at programming Windows.  A lot of the
> problems that people are having are the exact same ones they would have
> under MSC & the SDK but they are reporting them as Borland problems.

Funny that you should mention that, I have noticed a lot of people
comlaining about C6/SDK, and we don't have _major_ problems with it.
Eg: The dialog editor is clunky, but no worse (overall) than WRT, IMHO.

> John Munsch
> "I do not tinker :-)"

I tinker an awful lot ... to try things out, and once they work, then
I actually use them...

The reason I mentioned tinkering (actually), is that Borland's traditional
ground has been the hobbyist scene (ie TurboPascal 2.0 3.0 etc) and that
is where the "movement" actually started.

Back in the days of CP/M, I don't think I knew of a person who _didn't_
have Turbo 2.0!

Anyway, back to work   [ tinkering  B-)    ]

| Glenn Wallace     | Net: drift@qut.edu.au                   |
| Drift Project     | Fone: +61 7 837-7126 Fax: +61 7 221-0173|
| Telecom Australia | Snail: 11th Flr 144 Edward St.,         |
+-------------------+        Brisbane, Q4000 Australia        |
| Disclaimer - The opinions expressed must be my own, because |
|              Telecom is a statuatory authority and as such, |
|              is not capable of having opinions.             |