foo foo

wessels (06/18/82)

witty remark goes here.

alb (06/19/82)

Testing once more (hopefully last time)

tjt (06/20/82)

A test of 2.7

fhcluk (06/21/82)

     DragonQuest (tm SPI) is a fantasy role  playing  system
that  incoporates  skills,  experience  points, and learning
into one.  Skills includes weapon skills, magic,  and  skill
skills.   A character acquire skills or improve in skills by
expending  experience  points,  money,  and/or  time.   Only
skills  that  have been used during pervious adventuring can
be improved, and the possibly of such improvment is  limited
(mostly)  by  the  amount  of  money, x.p., and time one has
under his belt.

     Experience points can only be accumulated through play-
ing  one's  character, not by blowing up everything insight.
This has the effect of  encouraging  the  use  of  different
skills and prevent the characters from slaughtering.

     There are several 'levels' of  skill  a  character  can
achive.   Officially  there  are  two levels: adventurer and
hero.  Attending one of this levels increases  the  gain  in
experience  points.  Of course, various higher levels can be
added, just like other FRPGs.

     Not only ranks of skills can be improved but so as  the
attributes  and  a variety of other 'skills'.  As opposed to
RQ!, there is no generic skill bounises, thougth execptional
attributes  gains  different adventages (like higher chances
of casting spells).

     DQ has a rather detailed combat system, which makes any
combat  goes on slow.  A character execute allowed movements
before attack, during which  one's  strike  chance  is  sub-
tracted  from  the opponents defense, and % is rolled to see
if a hit lands.  Armor does not count  into  one's  defence,
though  it functions as a device that absorbs damage.  There
are also different critial hits, like does direct damage  to
one's body and cutting off various body parts.  There is one
type of combat that is (still) unique to DQ:  close  combat.
This  reflects  the  two opposition tear each other apart by
using natural weapon, bare hands, and/or short weapons.

     Probably  magic  is  one  of  the  biggest  differences
between  DQ  and  any  other FRPG.  There are different Col-
leges, which have different magic.   There  are  also  three
(generic)  kinds  of  magic:  talents,  spells, and rituals.
Talents operate automatically, spells takes <  1  minute  to
cast,  while  rituals  reqiures  more  than  1  hour.  Magic
doesn't not automatically work, as there is  a  cast  chance
for  each  talents, spells, and rituals.  It may work, fail,
or even (yuk!) backfire.   The  cast  chance  of  a  talent,
spell,  or  ritual  is  based on the potency of it, which is
then modified by various other  things.   The  target  of  a
talent,  spell, or ritual will not get a (rather silly) sav-
ing throw, but may be able to resist it.  It works the  same
way as a saving throw: if resistance is seccessful, than the
talent, spell, or  ritual  dissipates;  otherwise  it  takes
effect.

goldfarb (06/22/82)

This is  (of course) a test.

4431jbd (06/24/82)

this is a test (as if you couldn't tell . . .)

kenig (06/25/82)

this is a ttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttt.

jqw (06/26/82)

bar foo

bis (07/01/82)

testing "recordings"

steward (07/01/82)

This is a test.
~v

vic (07/02/82)

this is a test a test a test

alb (07/22/82)

This is a test.  Do not read
this note under penalty of Law.

mclure@sri-unix (08/03/82)

just a random test.

tom (08/06/82)

jkkjsjk
jksjjldk
jkuuu
~v
~p
~l

woody@sri-unix (09/01/82)

testing...testing...

gaz (09/06/82)

This is a test. One more time!!

eric (09/09/82)

THIS IS A TEST

test (10/07/82)

test (yes it is necessary)

amh (10/07/82)

test (yess it is necessary)

zucca (10/08/82)

#N:uicsovax:5200036:000:112
uicsovax!zucca    Oct  7 14:40:00 1982

this is a test message

to see if it can get around a simple network

loop.......

0130 on 7/18/82

		tz

goldberg (10/10/82)

just testing to see if we are on the air.

ekb (10/19/82)

This is a test.  For the next 60 seconds . . .

steward (10/20/82)

A trial run.

cliff (10/20/82)

hi this is a test

greg (10/20/82)

dfdfsd
dfdfd
dfdf

avsdS:avsdT:yawitz@sri-unix (10/29/82)

test 5,6,7,8

avsdS:avsdT:yawitz@sri-unix (10/29/82)

don't forget 1,2,3,4

avsdS:avsdT:yawitz@sri-unix (10/29/82)

testing again

avsdS:avsdT:yawitz@sri-unix (10/29/82)

woops.

avsdS:avsdT:yawitz@sri-unix (10/29/82)

sorry.

guest (11/13/82)

This is is a test

jis (11/15/82)

>From: j.mukerji
>Date: Mon Nov 15 13:26:53 1982

Just a test.

stg (11/16/82)

Just another in the long line of tests...

guest (11/17/82)

TThis is a test

olmstead (12/01/82)

kdjfkdjfkdjkfd
kdjfkdjkfdjfk
kdjfkdjfdjfkdf

otis (12/02/82)

this is a test of the news system....you shouldn't be surprised..

glenn (12/03/82)

testing sdc

glenn (12/06/82)

Test.

sch (12/07/82)

Why would anyone want to read this?

olmstead (12/09/82)

Why oh why does inews insist on non-empty messages?

pd (12/09/82)

a test, of course!

partha (12/09/82)

a test

avsdS:avsdT:yawitz (12/10/82)

test 123

rkj (01/14/83)

Newsgroups: net.test
...imply a test.

bukys (01/19/83)

A small test.

alb (01/22/83)

This is a test.
Get back to work.

alb (01/22/83)

this is a test
ge tback to work

cb (01/22/83)

  Yo, is dis working?

kenchan (01/28/83)

This is a test.
Test 2, 28-01-83, 0855.

kenchan (01/28/83)

This is a test.
Test 1, 28-01-83, 0915.

sob (02/02/83)

Just trying things out.

david (02/08/83)

This is a big test......

cb (02/18/83)

hello, is this working. Oh well, beam me up Scotty.

firby (02/20/83)

Just trying it out...

amh (03/03/83)

Yes, this test is important. I am trying to recreate our
sys and ngfiles.

mike (03/08/83)

testing batch stuff

mike (03/08/83)

test again

alb (03/13/83)

This is a test.  You were maybe expecting something
else?

digger (03/15/83)

	I just wanted to see if I could write using this command
	this is just a test obviousley. Thanks.

			digger!zps!zehntel!sytek....

key (03/15/83)

This is a test.

alb (03/20/83)

This is a test of 2.10 news

alb (03/22/83)

This is a test of -z from rabbit

alb (03/22/83)

This is a test
test
test
test
tes

dwrowley (03/23/83)

Testing....  Does this manage to worm its way to U of T ?

alb (03/24/83)

This is a test of 2.10 from hoh-2

fraser (03/26/83)

44,*4
Testing, one, two, three

kimf (03/30/83)

This is a test.
This is user is conducting a test of the USENET system.
This is only a test.

lda (03/31/83)

the usual

arnold (04/04/83)

~vi
this is a test, see me ED?
~r rot13
It didn't work.......
bybybye.

gary (04/08/83)

Just giving Arwen something to read.

hdt (04/10/83)

This ISN'T a test.  Please don't ignore.

alb (04/10/83)

This is a tet of new sys file

alb (04/10/83)

This is a test
test new sys file

alb (04/10/83)

Testing new sys file.  This is a test

alb (04/10/83)

This is a test of a new sys file

alb (04/10/83)

This is a test of new sys file

orel (04/11/83)

	This is a test.  Do not respond.

orel (04/11/83)

this is only a test...

alb (04/11/83)

testing new sys file

lda (04/11/83)

testing new inews/rnews
--

				Larry Auton

miorelli (04/13/83)

me thinks me has a problem .....

alt (04/14/83)

Harder than stone is the flesh and bone of a troll who sits in the
hills alone...

msc (04/14/83)

	Testing to try and trap an error in inews or the followup
	command.  Local test worked fine.

alb (04/16/83)

Testing 2.10 B news beta

alb (04/16/83)

This is a test of beta 2.10 B news

lda (04/22/83)

hey ho
--

Larry Auton	Western Electric	Burlington, NC	(919)228-3340

pankaj (04/23/83)

     Does  anyone  know how to connect the IBM PC to  a  computer

running   UNIX ?

     It  seems  that  you  can connect them  using  any  standard

communications package( XTALK,PCTALK,IBM software etc.)  that you

can  buy for the IBM but the UNIX O/S does not know what type  of

terminal the IBM PC is. This information is contained in the UNIX

variable TERM ,but as the IBM PC is not a standard terminal type,

TERM defaults to some other terminal type. This is just fine  for

UNIX  programs  that do not use the screen,  BUT,  for all  other

programs (e.g. emacs,rogue etc.,etc.) UNIX needs to know the type

of terminal it is connected to.

     Can anyone help me?

          Please reply in the newsgroup net.micro.pc

                                   Thanking you in advance.

sarno@hogpc.UUCP (05/24/83)

testing one two three

lesliem@sdcrdcf.UUCP (05/31/83)

	Ugga-Bugga...(test etc. gets so boring)

news@nmtvax.UUCP (06/02/83)

Does this work

mike@nmtvax.UUCP (06/03/83)

this is a test
--
Mike Hibler

mmac@whuxk.UUCP (06/04/83)

whuxk testing

joe@cvl.UUCP (06/09/83)

	"This, of course, is a test.  (At least its not a grapefruit.)"

Good thing, too.  I'd hate to think of all the flames you'd get for
posting to net.test instead of net.grapefruit!

toms@syteka.UUCP (06/14/83)

test

test

jak@hou5f.UUCP (06/17/83)

testing 1 2 3 4

jak@hou5f.UUCP (06/17/83)

test 123456 again

alb@harpo.UUCP (06/18/83)

Testing a new sys file

p500vax:yip@megatest.UUCP (06/21/83)

Test, 2:50pm 6/21/83.

guy@grkermit.UUCP (Guy T. Novello) (06/22/83)

Test........ test.

dlg@philabs.UUCP (Deryl Gaier) (06/23/83)

This is a test.  This is only a test.  If this were a real emergency you
wouldn't be there anymore.

slerrm/wurrm/savage.thug@syteka.UUCP (06/24/83)

this is a test. hee hee

alb@allegra.UUCP (06/27/83)

This is a test of B new from allegra

lda@burl.UUCP (07/01/83)

can you hear me clyde?

crc@clyde.UUCP (07/01/83)

Hello world, clyde is here.
I will post a newsite form if this works

ellis@flairvax.UUCP (07/02/83)

Real programers ca'nt spell

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (07/03/83)

This is a test.

--

				Doug Alan
				decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!nessus

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (07/03/83)

This is a test of this system.  I do hope that this test works.  Of
course there is the chance that it won't work and there is the chance
that it will work.  Of course I hope that the chance that it will work
is significantly greater than the chance that it won't work.

--
                                Doug Alan
				decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!nessus
				Nessus@MIT-MC

root@oliveb.UUCP (07/08/83)

If ios!daves, hplabs!fowler, or fortune!stein see this, please contact
oliveb!marty

yang@uw-june.UUCP (07/13/83)

we have a micom 600 and looking for pgm in unix to reconfigurate it.

alb@alice.UUCP (07/16/83)

testing a problem with corrupted active files.

filed01@abnjh.UUCP (H. Silbiger) (07/18/83)

This sis a test.

mclure@sri-unix.UUCP (07/19/83)

#N:sri-unix:1100030:000:13
sri-unix!mclure    Jul 13 09:56:00 1983

Just a test.

turner@randvax.ARPA (07/29/83)

this is a test of an emergency broadcast system...

frank@micomvax.UUCP (08/02/83)

this is a test
--
					Francois Gendron
					Philips/MICOM

rew@hao.UUCP (Russel K. Rew) (08/07/83)

testing, 1, 2, 3 ...

lorrie@sun.UUCP (Lorrie Duval) (08/09/83)

Yet even another test.

hlee@hplabsb.UUCP (Ho John Lee) (08/12/83)

testing, one two three four...

lee@unmvax.UUCP (08/13/83)

Testing. unmvax.

lee@unmvax.UUCP (08/13/83)

Testing....

lee@unmvax.UUCP (08/13/83)

Net-wide test posting.

lee@unmvax.UUCP (08/13/83)

	testing....

root@olivej.UUCP (root) (08/22/83)

this is a test
and this is it!

cej@ll1b.UUCP (08/23/83)

	<--- This is a test...

chichak@auvax (08/24/83)

test test

fowler@hplabsc.UUCP (Greg Fowler) (08/25/83)

Testing.

ellis@FLAIRMAX.UUCP (Michael Ellis) (08/25/83)

Testing followup from a Gosmacs news reader

wugger@syteka.UUCP (wugger) (08/29/83)

this is the test stuff

		hihi

this is the test stuff

		hihi

f3333@ihuxj.UUCP (08/30/83)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

evans@wivax.UUCP (09/02/83)

trying to find out why news to linus barfs out
--
Barry Evans   {decvax,linus}!wivax!evans
              Wang Institute (617) 649-9731 x383

llf@houxz.UUCP (09/04/83)

testing to see if i can get rid of the sender info

ronb@tekgds.UUCP (Ron Blair) (09/09/83)

test ** test

gail@hao.UUCP (Gail Moran) (09/09/83)

this is a test for the news

jd@uofm-cv.UUCP (09/09/83)

This is a test. This is the test.

test-bung@syteka.UUCP (test-bung) (09/13/83)

~p test
~n

test.rat@syteka.UUCP (test.rat) (09/13/83)

~r test
~p

toms@syteka.UUCP (Tom Shearer) (09/13/83)

this is a test

I am not.

toms@syteka.UUCP (Tom Shearer) (09/13/83)

>From Gabba-Gabba!Woop

a test

toms@syteka.UUCP (Tom Shearer) (09/13/83)

this, mon, is de test of I and I. Jah live.

toms@syteka.UUCP (Tom Shearer) (09/14/83)

kdkdkdk

mccrary@ittral.UUCP (Tim Mccrary) (09/23/83)

~r test

gumby@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Gumby) (09/24/83)

	green clay

nessus@nsc.uucp (Kchula-Rrit) (09/24/83)

Testing...
:wq

slaggy@osu-dbs.UUCP (09/28/83)

 This is a test. Jim Bob are you out there?

tpc@ariel.UUCP (P.CHANG) (09/29/83)

or8938r59fiiof
test
test
test!!!!!!!
test!!!
BYE!

toms@syteka.UUCP (10/12/83)

test, test, test.  (control is lost)

notes@zeppo.UUCP (10/17/83)

#N:zeppo:12700002:000:22
zeppo!jd    Sep  7 14:20:00 1982

this is anothert est

hart@cp1.UUCP (10/18/83)

this is a test. please disregard.

hnij@bnl.UUCP (John Stanley Labovitz) (10/24/83)

This is a test.  Pay no heed.
--
{floyd!vsop,decvax!philabs!sbcs}!bnl!hnij

chuqui@cae780.UUCP (10/25/83)

This is a test. This is only a test.

lfb@mb2c.UUCP (10/25/83)

This is a test, and only a test.
If this were an actual news article, you would
have been notified.

root@cae780.UUCP (The Root of All Evil) (10/26/83)

This is a test. This is only a test

toml@oliveb.UUCP (Tom Long) (11/01/83)

Test ...

toml@oliveb.UUCP (Dave Long) (11/05/83)

(This should be line #22)

fowler@hplabsc.UUCP (Greg Fowler) (11/13/83)

Testing for correct path generation.

hidley@sdcsvax.UUCP (11/15/83)

Another csvax test.
ZZZZZZ

jss@rochester.UUCP (Jon Stumpf ) (11/16/83)

Just a test to get a path.

sfs@hou2a.UUCP (11/16/83)

a test message for rochester

lee@unm-cvax.UUCP (11/17/83)

 Disgusting!

debenedi@yale-com.UUCP (Robert DeBenedictis) (11/20/83)

net.test'ers UNITE!
Fight the oppression of those who
    would rob our souls!

mce@teldata.UUCP (11/20/83)

How true.

mce@teldata.UUCP (11/21/83)

one last time
--

Brian McElhinney
uw-beaver!teltone!mce

zz96gr@sdccsu3.UUCP (11/21/83)

Just a test..

					 test.test
                                           test

kurt@pyuxhh.UUCP (11/22/83)

this is a test
--
Kurt Gluck HP 1c273a Bell Laboratories 6 Corporate Place	Piscataway NJ, 08854
           ..!pyuxi!pyuxhh!kurt

andyb@dartvax.UUCP (Andy Behrens) (11/24/83)

Just testing signatures.
--
				Andy Behrens
				decvax!dartvax!andyb

armstron@sjuvax.UUCP (11/30/83)

This is a test ... it is only a test ...{BEEP}...

see.. I told you it was a test!.

hidley@sdcsvax.UUCP (12/01/83)

Batch test

kissell@flairvax.UUCP (Kevin Kissell) (12/02/83)

This is one.

jbn@wdl1.UUCP (John B. Nagle) (12/08/83)

Test.

sanders@aecom.UUCP (Jeremy Sanders) (12/12/83)

body of test.
--
this is the sig.

doles@dartvax.UUCP (Paul Dolen) (12/12/83)

this is a test message

romann@tekecs.UUCP (Nowacki Roman) (12/13/83)

Just a test.

gregorym@tektronix.UUCP (Shadowfax) (12/13/83)

This is a test...

sanders@aecom.UUCP (Jeremy Sanders) (12/14/83)

test of f
--
					Jeremy Sanders
		{philabs|pegasus|esquire|cucard}!aecom!{sanders|jsanders}

hitchens@ut-sally.UUCP (Ron Hitchens) (12/14/83)

I'm pretty sure I've got my death ray in here somewhere.

sgm@rayssd.UUCP (12/14/83)

TEST!
--
Steve Myerson
...!decvax!brunix!rayssd!sgm   OR   ...!allegra!rayssd!sgm

sdo@u1100a.UUCP (12/14/83)

Testing followups in 2.10

weber@fluke.UUCP (Ken Weber) (12/16/83)

this is a test for adam

gam@tektronix.UUCP (Dr. Schizo) (12/16/83)

this is a test...

kjd@sultan.UUCP (Kevin J. Dunlap - Commercial Languages & Tools) (12/16/83)

This is a test.

Kevin J. Dunlap            603/881-2189        Digital Equipment Corporation
..!decvax!sultan!kjd                        110 Spit Brook Rd, Nashua NH 03062

ras@sultan.UUCP (Robert A. Surtees - SAC group) (12/16/83)

This is a test.
--
Robert A. Surtees           603/881-1605        Digital Equipment Corporation
..!decvax!sultan!ras                        110 Spit Brook Rd, Nashua NH 03062

jdb@qubix.UUCP (Jeff Bulf) (12/21/83)

line1
line2
line3
line4
line5
line6

--
	Dr Memory
	...{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!qubix!jdb

rao@utcsstat.UUCP (Eli Posner) (12/21/83)

testsststtsts

matt@ritcv.UUCP (Matt Lyon) (01/04/84)

L1
L2
L3

my test.

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (01/05/84)

Pretty boring reading, huh?
--Lauren--

crom@nwuxd.UUCP (01/06/84)

another test

bossert@ssc-vax.UUCP (John Bossert) (01/06/84)

Hello, world		(look familiar?)

bossert@ssc-vax.UUCP (John Bossert) (01/06/84)

This is a followup test

rao@utcsstat.UUCP (Eli Posner) (01/09/84)

testest
--
Eli Posner

decvax!utzoo!utcsstat!rao

hbb@hou5a.UUCP (H. Braude) (01/09/84)

testing the .signature file
--
Harlan B. Braude
hou5a!hbb

rees@apollo.UUCP (Jim Rees) (01/09/84)

Testing new "sys" file.  I hope to intercept this before it goes out
to the net.

pellegri@ittral.UUCP (Dan Pellegrino) (01/09/84)

This is a test.  Test, 1, 2, 3, 4.

reidar@cucard.UUCP (01/09/84)

a test
--
Reidar Bornholdt
..!harpo!cucard!reidar

jimc@tekigm.UUCP (01/11/84)

  this is a test

gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (01/11/84)

This is only a test.
--
--greg
...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!gds (uucp)

gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (01/11/84)

This, again, is only a test.
--
--greg
...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!gds (uucp)
Gds@XX (arpa)

ajs@hpfcla.UUCP (01/15/84)

Oh well, nice try at intercepting it.

dan@amd70.UUCP (01/20/84)

	This is just another test
--
Dan Robinson        Advanced Micro Devices (MCS)       (408)988-7777
{ucbvax|decwrl|ihnp4|allegra}!amd70!dan

elvy@h-aiken.UUCP (Marc Elvy) (01/21/84)

More harvard tests!

marc elvy

elvy@h-aiken.UUCP (Marc Elvy) (01/21/84)

Eureka!

rao@utcsstat.UUCP (Eli Posner) (01/23/84)

sorry

.....it happens
--
Eli Posner
{allegra,ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!utcsstat!rao

elvy@h-aiken.UUCP (Marc Elvy) (01/24/84)

The return address on this should be correct.

lmg@houxb.UUCP (L.M.Geary) (01/26/84)

This is a test
to see if they finally woke up
and changed the ownership on "history".

frank@bpa.UUCP (01/30/84)

This is a test!

x001@dalcs.UUCP (Bruce Kirby) (01/31/84)

I hope this is where it is supposed to be, because if it isn't then i made a mistake

hope@gatech.UUCP (02/01/84)

This is a test
--
Theodore Hope
School of ICS, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta GA 30332

pkb@omsvax.UUCP (Praveen Bhatia) (02/01/84)

test
please ignore

x001@dalcs.UUCP (Bruce Kirby) (02/01/84)

this is a test of follow-up posting

mzal@pegasus.UUCP (02/05/84)

an annoying test message

x001@dalcs.UUCP (Bruce Kirby) (02/06/84)

this is a line.

this is just a test of the network

arnold@csu-cs.UUCP (Ed Arnold) (02/06/84)

testing, testing.

tomczak@hscvax.UUCP (garbage) (02/11/84)

This is a test,  are you surprised?

toml@oliveb.UUCP (Dave Long) (02/11/84)

@@@@@@@@@@@@

sid@linus.UUCP (Sid Stuart) (02/16/84)

This is a test.

psuvm%sk1@psuvax.UUCP (02/17/84)

This is a test..

-Kumar

berry@zehntel.UUCP (Berry Kercheval ) (02/19/84)

Testing -- are we still locked up?

y7159@dalcs.UUCP (Asko Kassinen) (02/22/84)

This is a ... TEST!
(Tama on testi)

pdc@rabbit.UUCP (Pete Campbell) (02/23/84)

this is a follow-up to a test.  it is also a test in its own right.

kdq@pthya.UUCP (b0ce Kip Quackenbush) (02/24/84)

this is a test out from pthya

jim@cornell.UUCP (Jim Ferwerda) (02/27/84)

      before....

jim@cornell.UUCP (Jim Ferwerda) (02/27/84)

     after.....

alb@allegra.UUCP (Adam L. Buchsbaum) (02/28/84)

Testing multiple connections.

rick@masscomp.UUCP (03/03/84)

test message 1

jsc@ucbvax.UUCP (James Steven Carrington) (03/11/84)

hello.

rick@masscomp.UUCP (03/11/84)

Test mess 2.

johnc@dartvax.UUCP (John Cabell) (03/14/84)

This is a test, this is only a test.

rb@beesvax.UUCP (03/15/84)

This is a test - tset a si sihT

psuvm%sk1@psuvax.UUCP (03/19/84)

Testing..

carla@wxlvax.UUCP (Carla Gersz) (03/21/84)

testing ...

haber@aecom.UUCP (03/27/84)

now is the time
for all good men
to come to  the aid
of their party

go ahead, make my day.

			  Eli

gin@utastro.UUCP (Ginette Wiggins) (04/03/84)

test
test
test

gin

parks@kpno.UUCP (04/05/84)

to send news
 inews -t (title) -n (newsgroup) < (file)

to send mail
 mail \!machine\!machine\!name  <file

These questions, and many others will be answered on the next
episode of soap . . .

			In the 99.4% pure ivory tower,
                                     Jay Parks
          (decvax!hao!ihnp4!seismo)!kpno!parks     :uucp
          Kitt Peak National Observatory           :U.S. Snail
          950 N. Cherry, Tucson, AZ  85726

zz1fk@sdccsu3.UUCP (04/10/84)

#include <stdio.h>

main ()
    {
	int c;
	while (( c = getchar() ) != EOF)
	    {
	    if (((c>= 65) && (c<= 77)) || ((c>= 97) && (c<=109)))
		    c += 13;
		else
		{
	    	if (((c>= 78) && (c<= 90)) || ((c>=110) && (c<=122)))
		    c -= 13;
		}
		putchar(c);
	    }
    }
--
				fritzz the Zebra-
	"Gee, you look funny behind bars..."

mws@rayssd.UUCP (04/18/84)

Well, is it working???

angel@adrvax.UUCP (El lobo solitario) (04/28/84)

This is a test.
--
                                   Angel Casado
                  {Las mulas son lentas pero la tierra es paciente.}

jg@mit-athena.ARPA (Jim Gettys ) (05/01/84)

a test of net.test ac

armstron@sjuvax.UUCP (armstrong) (05/04/84)

test of signature
--

					Len Armstrong
					St. Joseph's University

micron@ames-lm.UUCP (05/05/84)

This is a test if this was a real emergency would be....

wph@iwu1c.UUCP (warren hentrich) (05/05/84)

this is a test
line2
line3

root@hasmed.UUCP (root) (05/05/84)

Test. Blah. Gak.

root@hasmed.UUCP (root) (05/05/84)

Test.. once more!..

armstron@sjuvax.UUCP (armstrong) (05/08/84)

test to see if .signature works on a forward.
--

					Len Armstrong
					St. Joseph's University
	             {astrovax | bpa | burdvax | allegra }!sjuvax!armstron

jiml@pesnta.UUCP (05/09/84)

This are them test

          This are them other test

--
Jim Livingston, Perkin-Elmer Data Systems Group - Santa Clara, Calif.
UUCP: ..!hplabs!pesnta!jiml

nancy@resonex.UUCP (Nancy Blachman) (05/17/84)

This is test no 3.

gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (05/17/84)

Welcome back my friends to the test that never ends ...
--
					Be ye moby,
					for I am moby.

Greg Skinner (gregbo)
{decvax!genrad, eagle!mit-vax, ihnp4}!mit-eddie!gds

You can't trust anyone around here with the su password these days.

qin@tellab1.UUCP (Greg Quinn) (05/18/84)

Anyone out there?  Please don't respond, i'll just look around.

pace@othervax.UUCP (05/23/84)

asasasasasas

kemp@noscvax.UUCP (Stephen P. Kemp) (05/25/84)

A test.

urban@trwspp2.UUCP (05/29/84)

This is the usual stuff as a new machine stirs ...

netnews@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) (05/29/84)

lsjfsljfsjfs
lsfjsljfs

kak@asgb.UUCP (05/30/84)

Sorry about this, we are having trouble due to our notes interface not
being set up properly.

-KAK

daly@nybcb.UUCP (05/30/84)

This is just a test to see if I can post an article.

djm@ariel.UUCP (05/31/84)

test
{}

mab@ttidcc.UUCP (Michael A. Bloom) (05/31/84)

This is a test
testing, one,two,three

mab@ttidcc.UUCP (Michael A. Bloom) (06/01/84)

tesing
1 2 3

simard@loral.UUCP (Ray Simard) (06/02/84)

test of headers and stuff
--
Ray Simard
Loral Instrumentation, San Diego

simard@loral.UUCP (Frogs) (06/02/84)

hi there
--
Ray Simard
Loral Instrumentation, San Diego
{ucbvax, ittvax!dcdwest}!sdcsvax!sdccsu3!loral!simard

ix21@sdccs6.UUCP (David Whiteman) (06/05/84)

If you receive this article and it has not been cancelled within
24 hours please drop me a line.

ix21@sdccs6.UUCP (David Whiteman) (06/05/84)

You should not have received this article.  If you did tell me if
this article has not been cancelled within 12 hours.
ZZ

palumbo@sunybcs.UUCP (Paul Palumbo) (06/05/84)

This is Just a test.

And again.

jwr@ccieng5.UUCP ( James Walter Reid) (06/06/84)

guvf vf n grfg.

sml@wdl1.UUCP (06/11/84)

#N:wdl1:6200001:000:35
wdl1!sml    Jun  8 15:57:00 1984

We're testing our news/notes gate.

jgb@hou3c.UUCP (Jennifer Buchner) (06/12/84)

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT   EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE    SSSSSSSSSSSSS    TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
       T          E                 S             S          T
       T          E                 S                        T
       T          EEEEEEEEEEE        SSSSSSSSSSSSS           T
       T          E                               S          T
       T          E                 S             S          T
       T          EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE    SSSSSSSSSSSSS           T

bernar@crystal.UUCP (06/13/84)

This is a test. What a test!

jwr@ccieng5.UUCP (06/13/84)

just testing, thank you.

JR

jwr@ccieng5.UUCP (06/13/84)

this is a test

this is a test

James Walter Reid

vhc@hocsf.UUCP (06/21/84)

GARGBAGE

This is a test!!!!

vhc@hocsf.UUCP (06/21/84)

REFERENCE:  <128@hocsf.UUCP>

lvjsdlvjfsdvoisjfdv  sdvsadfsdf

ponce@tty3b.UUCP (2-8-84"Lorenzo D 97750) (06/26/84)

this is just a test.

ponce@tty3b.UUCP (2-8-84"Lorenzo D 97750) (06/26/84)

this is another test.

ponce@tty3b.UUCP (2-8-84"Lorenzo D 97750) (06/26/84)

here goes nothing.

ponce@tty3b.UUCP (2-8-84"Lorenzo D 97750) (06/26/84)

here it goes.

sam@tty3b.UUCP (5-2-84"Sam - Lee 97750) (06/26/84)

hello here's a followup.

sam@tty3b.UUCP (5-2-84"Sam - Lee 97750) (06/26/84)

here we gooooooooo

bru@pyuxn.UUCP (Bruce Leary) (06/27/84)

Test message from pyuxn!bru

brz@sdchema.UUCP (Bruce Zelus) (06/28/84)

again a test

jpm@bnl.UUCP (John McNamee) (07/01/84)

This is a test of the emergency broadcasting system. Had this been an
actual emergency you would have been so panic stricken that you wouldn't
have been able to read this.
--

			John McNamee
		..!decvax!philabs!sbcs!bnl!jpm

timle@druxy.UUCP (DeibertTL) (07/10/84)

test followup

jgb@hou3c.UUCP (Jennifer Buchner) (07/12/84)

This is a test...SORRY!!!!

sob@wjh12.UUCP (07/19/84)

test news

bien@trwrb.UUCP (07/23/84)

this is just a test..

bien@trwrb.UUCP (07/23/84)

testing.

long@ittvax.UUCP (H. Morrow Long) (07/25/84)

	This is a test.  Repeat: This is only a test.

hope@gatech.UUCP (07/30/84)

this is a test
--
Theodore Hope
School of Information & Computer Science, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332

notes@rocksvax.UUCP (08/06/84)

Hello me....

dave@rocksvax.UUCP (Dave Sewhuk) (08/07/84)

GHi ne agn
--
Dave

arpa: Sewhuk.HENR@Xerox.ARPA
uucp: {allegra,rochester,amd,sunybcs}!rocksvax!dave

notes@rocksvax.UUCP (The Notes System) (08/07/84)

Again..

fredm@tekgvs.UUCP (08/07/84)

this is a test!!@@

notes@rocksvax.UUCP (The Notes System) (08/08/84)

notes test....

notes@rocksvax.UUCP (The Notes System) (08/10/84)

Notes test...

dag@Pyramid Corporate.UUCP (David Gewirtz) (08/14/84)

This is a test.  It is only a test.  CONLRAD MEETS COMPUTER.
News at 6 and 11.  Analysis at noon.

dag@Pyramid Corporate.UUCP (David Gewirtz) (08/14/84)

This is a test.  Golly.

marlinw@iddic.UUCP (08/14/84)

<woof>

What is the capital of Uganda?

markb@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Mark Biggar) (08/14/84)

ttttt  eeeee  sssss  ttttt
  t    e      s        t
  t    eee    sssss    t
  t    e          s    t
  t    eeeee  sssss    t

pso@utastro.UUCP (P Samuel Odoms) (08/15/84)

this is a test

--

uucp:  {ut-sally,ut-ngp,noao,charm}!utastro!pso
arpa:  pso@ut-ngp or pso@ut-sally

pso@utastro.UUCP (P Samuel Odoms) (08/15/84)

this is a vnews followup command test

--

uucp:  {ut-sally,ut-ngp,noao,charm}!utastro!pso
arpa:  pso@ut-ngp or pso@ut-sally

charles@utastro.UUCP (Charles Sandel) (08/16/84)

Ignore this message.
--

                     *>> Charles Sandel <<*
     uucp:  {ut-sally, ut-ngp, noao, charm}!utastro!charles

lspirkov@udenva.UUCP (08/18/84)

Since troy & will got on, i want to see if i can.  so here it goes.

trc@linus.UUCP (Thomas R. Caron) (08/21/84)

Just another test of news.

neerja@scorplx.UUCP (Neerja Sharma) (08/23/84)

!

	THIS IS JUST A TEST!!!!!!!!!!!

barry@muddcs.UUCP (Barry Lustig) (08/25/84)

This is a test.
--
Barry Lustig
Harvey Mudd College

UUCP:    {ihnp4,allegra,seismo}!scgvaxd!muddcs!barry
PHONE:   At the moment --- (714) 621-8000 x8023

lipkis@cmcl2.UUCP (Jim Lipkis) (08/29/84)

The capital of Uganda is Kampala.

gancarz@decvax.UUCP (Mike Gancarz) (08/30/84)

One more test....

richard@vax135.UUCP (Richard Seide) (08/30/84)

this is a test!!!!!!!

gregbo@houxm.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (08/30/84)

testtest
--
Hug me till you drug me, honey!

Greg Skinner (gregbo)
{allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4}!houxm!gregbo

pgray@isosvax.UUCP (Paul E. Gray) (08/31/84)

This is a test.
.
:
.
.

/
:::::::::::::::::

gperez@bbncca.ARPA (Grace Perez) (09/08/84)

Your karma ran over my dogma.

kitten@pertec.UUCP (karen hettinger) (09/13/84)

This is a test message.

--
	kitten~
	{ucbvax!unisoft | scgvaxd | trwrb | felix}!pertec!kitten

mpatent@mhuxh.UUCP (Verbus M. Counts) (09/13/84)

Subject: test
Newsgroups: mh.wanted

this is a line
the end

chuck@hhb.UUCP (Chuck Jann) (09/14/84)

it worked once but will it work again?????

--

========================================================== cj

Company: 	HHB-Softron
		1000 Wyckoff Ave.
		Mahwah NJ 07430

UUCP address:	{ihnp4,decvax,allegra}!philabs!hhb!chuck

vinny@hhb.UUCP (Vinny Giordano) (09/14/84)

	This is a test of postnews.  Beats the hell out of entering the
same thing in a newsgroup a million times because I don't know what I'm
doing like SOME people I know. :-)
					-vpg-

chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Chuqles) (09/19/84)

Ack. Testing a 'fixed' version of inews. Maybe

--
From the spotlight of the center ring:		Chuqles Von Rospach
{amd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!chuqui	nsc!chuqui@decwrl.ARPA

And now... Mutual of Omaha presents "Penguins: Antarctica's little clowns"

david@infopro.UUCP (David Fiedler) (09/20/84)

ARRRRRRRGH!
--
"I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere
and some gung-ho iguana tells me to `Relax`!"

          Dave Fiedler
{harpo,astrovax,philabs,whuxcc,clyde}!infopro!dave

rick@uwmacc.UUCP (Rick Keir) (09/20/84)

Sing sweet /dev/nulls in my ear, o darling....

--

Rick Keir -- MicroComputer Information Center, MACC
{allegra, ihnp4, seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!rick

"No, this is getting hit on the head lessons in here."
"What a stupid concept!"

david@infopro.UUCP (David Fiedler) (09/21/84)

ignore this message

ecl@hocsj.UUCP (09/21/84)

REFERENCE:  <164@mhuxh.UUCP>

testing 'f' option

manderso@sdcsvax.UUCP (Mark Anderson) (09/25/84)

test test test
test test test

bob@qusavx.UUCP (Bob Hamilton) (09/26/84)

Thanks...
.

greenber@acf4.UUCP (10/02/84)

/***** acf4:net.test / chuqui@nsc /  7:23 pm  Sep 18, 1984*/
Ack. Testing a 'fixed' version of inews. Maybe

--
From the spotlight of the center ring:		Chuqles Von Rospach
{amd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!chuqui	nsc!chuqui@decwrl.ARPA

And now... Mutual of Omaha presents "Penguins: Antarctica's little clowns"
/* ---------- */

Ross M. Greenberg  @ NYU   ---->  allegra!cmcl2!acf4!greenber  <----

greenber@acf4.UUCP (10/02/84)

/***** acf4:net.test / ecl@hocsj /  2:02 pm  Sep 21, 1984*/
REFERENCE:  <164@mhuxh.UUCP>

testing 'f' option
/* ---------- */

<>

Received your test.

Ross M. Greenberg  @ NYU   ---->  allegra!cmcl2!acf4!greenber  <----

mr-frog@sdamos.UUCP (Dave Pare) (10/02/84)

:

test from sdamos.

overlord@spock.UUCP (Rick Link '85) (10/05/84)

This is a test of the news system, and the sys file for news, at Choate
Rosemary Hall.

			Rick Link
			System Administrator
			Choate Rosemary Hall

overlord@spock.UUCP (Rick Link '85) (10/05/84)

	This is a test of the news system on the Choate Rosemary Hall
computer system.

			Please excuse the triviality of the message.

				Rick Link
				Choate Rosemary Hall

jody@ucla-cs.UUCP (10/05/84)

NO Biggie.

  Wow, it works!

ksl1@hounx.UUCP (K.LIU) (10/07/84)

This is a test - DO NOT MAIL REPLIES PLEASE
This is only a test of readmail's reply command,
DO NOT MAIL REPLIES!!!!!!!!

slf@teddy.UUCP (Scott Fisher) (10/10/84)

testing.

                                                      !genrad!teddy!slf

bahilchie@water.UUCP (Brian Hilchie) (10/11/84)

testing...

orthel@trwrba.UUCP (John L. Orthel) (10/17/84)

Testing... only testing!

smk@wxlvax.UUCP (Simon Kao) (10/17/84)

testingg

barry@muddcs.UUCP (Barry Lustig) (10/18/84)

This is only a test of a cancel cmsg.

--
Barry Lustig
Harvey Mudd College

UUCP:    {ihnp4,allegra,seismo}!scgvaxd!muddcs!barry
ARPA:	 muddcs!barry@ucla-cs
PHONE:   At the moment --- (714) 621-8000 x8225

reeves@ucla-cs.UUCP (10/18/84)

testing.....

reeves@ucla-cs.UUCP (10/18/84)

whaddaya know!!! another test!!

behr@savax.UUCP (10/18/84)

Newsgroups: net.test
This is a test of our UNIX system. This is only a test.

david@infopro.UUCP (David Fiedler) (10/22/84)

testing, testing, 1 2 3...

jwb@ritcv.UUCP (jwb) (10/24/84)

What a test!

bees@drutx.UUCP (DavisRB) (10/24/84)

Sdb is turned off until further notice due to system problems.

news@gcc-opus.ARPA (The News) (10/25/84)

test line

smithku@stolaf.UUCP (Karla U. Smith) (10/25/84)

Will this reach net.test? tune in next time...
                           	same net.time,
				  same net.newsgroup

dva@ccivax.UUCP (Ziggy Stardust) (11/03/84)

> testing.
>
>                                                       !genrad!teddy!slf

testing.

dva@ccivax.UUCP (Ziggy Stardust) (11/03/84)

> testing.
>
>                                                       !genrad!teddy!slf

testing.
--
					Ziggy

dva@ccivax.UUCP (Ziggy Stardust) (11/03/84)

> testing.
>
>                                                       !genrad!teddy!slf

testing.
--
					Ziggy
--

yip@megatest (Mike Yip) (11/06/84)

This is a test (11/05.84 18:00).

yip@megatest (Mike Yip) (11/06/84)

This is a test (11/05.84 18:05).
--
UUCP:   {decvax!decwrl, ucbvax, ihnp4} !sun!megatest!yip
	{lbl-csam, amd, ubvax} !megatest!yip

raghu@rlgvax.UUCP (K. Raghunathan) (11/11/84)

> > testing.
> >
> >                                                       !genrad!teddy!slf
>
> testing.
> --
Just to see if I can post to the net

sharon@bambi.UUCP (tensen) (11/14/84)

test
of file

notes@ISM780.UUCP (11/29/84)

THIS IS A TEST!

patel@iham1.UUCP (S. R. Patel) (12/01/84)

only a test

tenspeed@fluke.UUCP (Jim Ehrmin) (12/03/84)

This is a test.

drennan@nybcb.UUCP (drennan) (12/03/84)

This is a test of sorts.

ma@brunix.UUCP (Macedonio Alanis) (12/04/84)

This is a test. THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
$$%$&

brucec@iddic.UUCP (Bruce W. Cheney) (12/04/84)

This is a test. Had this been an actual emergency....

mahdi@qumix.UUCP (Martin Bose) (12/08/84)

why if this is just a test?

hardie@uf-csg.UUCP (Peter T Hardie [stdnt]) (12/08/84)

testing file inclusion of postnews
--
	Pete Hardie, Univ. of Florida, CIS Gould
		acct:..!akgua!uf-csv!uf-csg!hardie

raf@rayssd.UUCP (12/10/84)

test only
:wq

--
	RON FRANKLIN
	Raytheon Co.; Portsmouth RI; (401)-847-8000 x3974

corwin@ut-ngp.UUCP (Corwin, Lord of Amber) (12/12/84)

<test bug 1,2,3...>

Is this a test???

--
---------

                                      -Off into Shadow
                                       Corwin, Lord of Amber

                             ...!ihnp4!ut-sally!ut-ngp!corwin

  "Well you're DEAD now, so SHUT UP!!!"

maylene@alberta.UUCP (Maylene McMillan) (12/17/84)

This is a test
Line 2 of test

enchant@olivej.UUCP (12/18/84)

Hello...  is there anyone out there???

robin@ucbsloth (12/18/84)

From: robin@ucbsloth (Robin Wickman)

test
oops, wrong account.

>Robin<

dennis@aesat.UUCP (Dennis Ebron) (12/18/84)

Testing,  testing, testing 1 2 3.

--

		Dennis Ebron
		{allegra,ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!aesat!dennis

enchant@olivej.UUCP (12/18/84)

one more try...

swc@cbsck.UUCP (Scott W. Collins) (12/21/84)

this is a test of the ....

pm@cwruecmp.UUCP (Prabhaker Mateti) (12/22/84)

just a test

prabhaker mateti				decvax!cwruecmp!pm
department of computer engineering & science	(pm.Case@rand-relay)
case western reserve university
cleveland, oh 44106

s160@sol1.UUCP (Brad L. McKinley) (12/28/84)

Test Message...forget it

drennan@nybcb.UUCP (01/02/85)

This is a test of the system.

	"Hello,hello,hello.			Jim Drennan
	 What's all this then?"			New York Blood Center
						..seismo!cmcl2!nybcb!drennan

gwr@cord.UUCP (GW Ryan) (01/03/85)

tes tes testtt
test
thank you

smk@nvuxd.UUCP (S.KUZYSZYN) (01/03/85)

test 1
test 2

smk@nvuxd.UUCP (S.KUZYSZYN) (01/03/85)

test 1
test 2

smk@nvuxd.UUCP (S.KUZYSZYN) (01/03/85)

test
test

nvops@nvuxd.UUCP (operators) (01/04/85)

This is a test from nvuxd

root@uf-csg.UUCP (SUPERUSER [ralph]) (01/07/85)

this is a test
--
********** From the dungeon at the University of Florida **********
	George Ralph Kuntz			(904) 392-2371

hardie@uf-csg.UUCP (Bruce @ Univ. of Wallamaloo) (01/07/85)

testing again
--
	Pete Hardie, Univ. of Florida, CIS Gould
		acct:..!akgua!uf-csv!uf-csg!hardie

ee161aie@sdcc13.UUCP ({|stu) (01/09/85)

	testing, testing, .... Kent, I hope you are reading this.

djvh@druut.UUCP (VanHandelDJ) (01/11/85)

This is only a test    .

djvh@druut.UUCP (VanHandelDJ) (01/11/85)

This is only a test.   Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

bob@cadovax.UUCP (Bob "Kat" Kaplan) (01/11/85)

this is a test.
--
Bob Kaplan	{ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!bob

"If you tell the truth, you must smile.  Otherwise, people will kill you."

jim@randvax.UUCP (Jim Gillogly) (01/11/85)

------------
Followup test.

	Jim Gillogly
	{decvax, vortex}!randvax!jim

rik@uf-csg.UUCP (Rik Faith [guest]) (01/11/85)

~
test
--

Rik Faith, student at the University of Florida, Gainesville
UUCP: ...!akgua!uf-csv!uf-csg!rik     CSNET: rik%uf-csg@ufl

rik@uf-csg.UUCP (Rik Faith [guest]) (01/11/85)

testing
--

Rik Faith, student at the University of Florida, Gainesville
UUCP: ...!akgua!uf-csv!uf-csg!rik     CSNET: rik%uf-csg@ufl
[Is not life a hundred times to short for us to bore ourselves? -F.N.]

hardie@uf-csg.UUCP (Saar) (01/12/85)

testing
--
	Pete Hardie, Univ. of Florida, CIS Gould
		acct:..!akgua!uf-csv!uf-csg!hardie

hardie@uf-csg.UUCP (Peter T Hardie [stdnt]) (01/12/85)

yet another!
--
	Pete Hardie, Univ. of Florida, CIS Gould
		acct:..!akgua!uf-csv!uf-csg!hardie

foobar@foohost.FOO@houxm.UUCP (foobar@foohost.FOO) (01/14/85)

testing, testing,......

smk@nvuxd.UUCP (S.KUZYSZYN) (01/16/85)

testing
testing
1
2
3

joel@dicomed.UUCP (Joel D. Neisen) (01/21/85)

This is only a test

lee@cosivax.UUCP (01/29/85)

----- News saved at 29 Jan 85 18:35:39 GMT
----- News saved at 29 Jan 85 18:37:39 GMT
--

Lee Pearson
uofm-cv!cosivax!lee

news@gcc-bill.ARPA (The News) (01/31/85)

[no bugs for me!]

This is a test, this is only a test.

flames to Dr. Ruth!

brad@gcc-bill.ARPA (Brad Parker) (02/01/85)

This is a test message.

Hello.
--

J Bradford Parker
uucp: seismo!harvard!gcc-bill!brad

"Ahhh... Tower, there's this little 'ol yeller light on my dash a'tellen me.."

brad@gcc-bill.ARPA (Brad Parker) (02/01/85)

Yet another test....

Hello.
--

J Bradford Parker
uucp: seismo!harvard!gcc-bill!brad

"Ahhh... Tower, there's this little 'ol yeller light on my dash a'tellen me.."

don@ucbtopaz.CC.Berkeley.ARPA (02/11/85)

!
This is a test

bob@cadovax.UUCP (Bob "Kat" Kaplan) (02/14/85)

We're having trouble getting things to the Network. Will this make it?
--
Bob Kaplan

"All the clouds turn to words.  All the words float in sequence.
 No one knows what they mean.  Everyone just ignores them."

rcw@byucsc.UUCP (^^^BOB WITMER^^^) (02/14/85)

> This is a test.

FARGIN This is beechin.

d chechik@ahuta.UUCP (d chechik) (02/14/85)

This is a test
this is only a test
the next four lines are blank

This has been a test

rst@tardis.UUCP (Robert Thau) (02/16/85)

YA test

levy@pyuxn.UUCP (S Levy) (02/18/85)

a ?Test
.

benw@bocar.UUCP (B Weber) (02/18/85)

testing...testing...is this mike on?...can you hear me back there?...

khan@nybcb.UUCP (khan) (02/18/85)

	This is a test.

khan@nybcb.UUCP (khan) (02/18/85)

	this is another test.

xian@gitpyr.UUCP (Xian Cheng) (02/19/85)

  This should be a test. A test of the test.

markm@tut.UUCP (Mark Maybee) (02/20/85)

This is Test #n

---
Mark Maybee
University of Colorado, Boulder
(303) 492-8840
{ucbvax!hplabs | allegra!nbires | decvax!kpno | harpo!seismo | ihnp4!kpno}
				!hao!boulder!markm

root@hpisla.UUCP (@Root of All Evil) (02/21/85)

Sigh.

vuser@druxt.UUCP (GerardenC) (02/21/85)

just testing

vuser@druxt.UUCP (GerardenC) (02/21/85)

sending it back

mlk@tellab3.UUCP (Mahesh Khatri) (02/22/85)

THIS IS A TEST.
THIS IS A TEST.

djvh@druxm.UUCP (VanHandelD) (02/26/85)

This is a test of postnews editor

djvh@druxm.UUCP (VanHandelD) (02/26/85)

This is another test of postnews

jcb@druxh.UUCP (BumbyJC) (02/26/85)

this is a test for postnews

djvh@druxm.UUCP (VanHandelD) (02/26/85)

This is a test of postnews & nsc

djvh@druxt.UUCP (VanHandelD) (02/26/85)

Test for nsc t -> m

tjiang@Shasta.ARPA (02/27/85)

From: xyz
Testing to see if news fileters out header like lines
Subject: xjkdfjkd
xyz: kdjfkjdf

johnm@python.UUCP (J. Montgomery) (03/01/85)

a test to see if this can get out of piscataway

mark@dssoxnx.UUCP (Mark Beyer) (03/01/85)

test.

atsg@ssc-vax.UUCP (Darrell L Stark) (03/02/85)

Another test.

grady@ucbcory.ARPA (03/03/85)

This is a new test.
..test
	SG

vohra@ut-sally.UUCP (Pavan Vohra) (03/04/85)

> test.

 tis is a test of a reply to a message.

--
Pavan Vohra
{ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!vohra

mm@vaxine.UUCP (Mark Mudgett) (03/05/85)

Test 85/03/05 12:15pm EST
--
              _TT    /|    |~           Mark C. Mudgett
         >====+++===< |   O|   |~       mm@louie.UUCP
            {_|||_}  \|       O|        617-667-7900x2456

choi@ucla-cs.UUCP (03/07/85)

Testing vnews reply...

beslove@osu-eddie.UUCP (Adam Beslove) (03/08/85)

This is a test to see whether I can get this note to net.test.

grady@ucbcory.ARPA (Steven "the wug" Grady) (03/10/85)

This is a fake test.
		From me, Steven Grady

bocwis@lcuxa.UUCP (Cliff Newton) (03/13/85)

This is a system test.

grm@drutx.UUCP (Geraldo Ramon de Martine) (03/14/85)

2
line test
--
mail: ihnp4!drutx!grm

issa@drux3.UUCP (MartinezGR) (03/14/85)

this
is a test
--
Rev. Johnny Quest

MAD MAN@cadovax.UUCP (MAD MAN) (03/21/85)

	The Tyger

Tyger, tyger burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry.

		-William Blake
--

				Jeff Fields
				{ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!jefff

Pax Vobiscum.

milt@wlcrjs.UUCP (John Milton) (03/21/85)

this is a test Hi There !!

chr@cpesac.UUCP (charles ridgely esac ) (03/25/85)

well its working

jcjeff@ihlpg.UUCP (jeffreys) (03/29/85)

yet another test
--
 [ Why pander life's complexities,
            when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat - The Smiths ]

youngm@thomsonian.UUCP (Michael Young) (04/02/85)

This is a test.  If you get this, please send me a reply,
I love getting mail from strangers..........
--
Michael Young     ..!decvax!utcsri!thomsonian!youngm     University of Toronto

albert@ucbvax.ARPA (Anthony Albert) (04/03/85)

test1
test2
test3

test4
test5

pjm@spuxll.UUCP (PJ Maioriello) (04/03/85)

hope this gets to eisx and abnji

man@bocar.UUCP (M Nevar) (04/05/85)

This is a test.

Mark N.

speidel@leadsv.UUCP (Bruce Speidel) (04/08/85)

> 	The Tyger
>
> Tyger, tyger burning bright,
> In the forests of the night;
> What immortal hand or eye,
> Could frame thy fearful symmetry.
>
> 		-William Blake
> --
>
> 				Jeff Fields
> 				{ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!jefff
>
> Pax Vobiscum.

 	What can I say ????

jca@abnji.UUCP (james armstrong) (04/09/85)

This is a test.
--
James C. Armstrong, Jnr.  ihnp4!abnji!nyssa

End Random Pulses!
Insert CV!
Neutralize the Q-Switch!
Activate viewer warning of Imminent Public Execution!

rosen@ahutb.UUCP (t.rosenfeld) (04/09/85)

this is a test. do not be alarmed.
tr

--
This is
test

rosen@ahutb.UUCP (t.rosenfeld) (04/09/85)

REFERENCES:  <648@ahutb.UUCP>

this is also a test

--
This is
test

mm@vaxine.UUCP (Mark Mudgett) (04/10/85)

Only a test
--

              _TT    /|    |~           Mark C. Mudgett
         >====+++===< |   O|   |~       mm@vaxine.UUCP
            {_|||_}  \|       O|        617-667-7900x2456

houts@reed.UUCP (Bill Houts) (04/12/85)

Call the roller of big cigars,
the muscular one, and bid him whip
in kitchen cups concupiscent curds.
Let the wenches dawdle in such dress
as they are used to wear,
and let the boys bring flowers
in last months newspapers.
Let be be the finale of seem
the only emperor is the emperor of ice cream.

--

Bill Houts
(a.k.a. Captain Chaos)

"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not BICKER and ARGUE over who
 killed whom!"

houts@reed.UUCP (Bill Houts) (04/12/85)

"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
 Down the Valley of the Shadow,
 Ride, boldly ride!" the Shade replied,
 "If you seek for Eldorado!"
--

Bill Houts
(a.k.a. Captain Chaos)
Cosmic Color Control
tektronix!reed!houts

"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not BICKER and ARGUE over who
 killed whom!"

houts@reed.UUCP (Bill Houts) (04/12/85)

"I've seen things
 you people wouldn't believe;
 Attacked ships on fire
 off the shoulder of Orion.
 Watched the glittering of sea-beams
 at Tannhauser Gate.
 All those moments will be lost
 like tears in rain.
 And now --time to die."

--

Bill Houts
(a.k.a. Captain Chaos)
Cosmic Color Control
tektronix!reed!houts

"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not BICKER and ARGUE over who
 killed whom!"

trz@drume.UUCP (ZehrbachT) (04/15/85)

this is a test (such a boreing line!)

trz@drume.UUCP (ZehrbachT) (04/15/85)

yes, this is a test

djs@opus.UUCP (Diana Spalding) (04/20/85)

*** FOR THE MESSAGE EATER ***

You guessed it, another test.

george@dartvax.UUCP (George Bourozikas) (04/24/85)

This is a test

--
                               George Bourozikas

  MAIL:  Hinman Box 0399
         DARTMOUTH College
         Hanover, NH 03755
         U.S.A.

USENET:  {decvax,cornell,linus,astrovax}!dartvax!george
  ARPA:  george%dartmouth@csnet-relay
 CSNET:  george@dartmouth

root@aecom.UUCP (Systems Group) (04/25/85)

THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST.

hart@cp1.UUCP (Rod Hart) (04/25/85)

Test. Please excuse.

beckyl@dartvax.UUCP (Stratton Christopher Strand) (04/27/85)

this is a test. if you dont like it, tough.

richard@vax135.UUCP (Richard Seide) (04/30/85)

Newsgroups: net.test

this is a test

simms@h-sc1.UUCP (paul simms) (05/01/85)

This is a test.  This is only a test.  If this were an actual emergency, we'd all be dead by now.
		"I sense a presence I have not felt since..."

djvh@druut.UUCP (VanHandelDJ) (05/01/85)

This is a test of postnews

wjnz@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (James Cooper) (05/02/85)

Cubs Win!! Cubs Win!!

--
    James Cooper

     ..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!wjnz

kirby@wanginst.UUCP (Jim Kirby) (05/02/85)

test

efe@mtunf.UUCP (Edith Edsall) (05/03/85)

testing
0123456789

smb@ulysses.UUCP (Steven Bellovin) (05/06/85)

Test msg 1

youngm@thomsonian.UUCP (Michael Young) (05/07/85)

this is a campus wide test
--
Michael Young     University of Toronto     decvax!utcsri!thomsonian!youngm

tallman@bgsuvax.UUCP (David Tallman) (05/09/85)

****** eat this line at your conveince ********

This is a test followup

tallman!bgsuvax

djm@ariel.UUCP (D.MORGAN) (05/11/85)

iloyhglhjkl
test

:wq

dwl@mtx5b.UUCP (D Levenson) (05/14/85)

testing
--

	"I haven't lost my mind;
	it's backed-up on tape somewhere."

					Dave Levenson
					AT&T-IS, Holmdel, NJ

zhiheng@hfhrv.UUCP (Zhiheng Ge) (05/15/85)

test only. hellow

zhiheng@hfhrv.UUCP (Zhiheng Ge) (05/15/85)

hellow

semaj@ucsbcsl.UUCP ( ) (05/16/85)

This is a test (if you haven't guessed).

jdo@ttrdc.UUCP (James D. O'Grady) (05/29/85)

this is atest
.

usenet@peregrine.UUCP (usenet) (05/31/85)

testing... testing. 1... 2... 3...

naren@ut-sally.UUCP (Narendran Nachiappan) (06/07/85)

As usual, just testing.

hes@ncsu.UUCP (Henry Schaffer) (06/11/85)

please ignore

apk@zeta.UUCP (Andy Koert) (06/12/85)

Hello There! Just a little test to see if I figured it all out.

roth@ucla-cs.UUCP (06/13/85)

*
This IS a test

** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***

elf@cylixd.UUCP (Leonard Bottleman) (06/14/85)

Our sendnews appears to be broken, please hit the "r" key and send a short
message if you've received this.

			Thank you.

					Leonard Bottleman
					RCA Cylix Communications, Inc.
					800 Ridge Lake Blvd.
					Memphis, TN  38119

					..!ihnp4!akgua!cylixd!elf

markr@garfield.UUCP (Mark R. Dawson) (06/18/85)

This is a test.

If you read this please reply.

Bye.

gdave@ubvax.UUCP (Dave Guertin) (06/19/85)

	Is this a Test????????

	Please flame me I need all the mail I can get.

tracy@ihuxl.UUCP (Kim) (06/19/85)

> Hello There! Just a little test to see if I figured it all out.

Yes, this is another test!
But it is only a test! How long can this go on?

		Kim Tracy, AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, IL
		Ihuxl!tracy

jo@telesoft.UUCP (Joanne Sharp @king) (06/24/85)

This is a "test".
This is another test.

gn@loonam.UUCP (The Unknown One) (06/25/85)

test
test
test
test

vch@rruxo.UUCP (V. Hatem) (06/26/85)

like the name of the group, it's a test

notes@rna.UUCP (06/26/85)

make my day

rashad@alberta.UUCP (Rashad Saad) (06/27/85)

THIS IS A TEST
.

guy@h-sc1.UUCP (alfred guy) (06/29/85)

This is a test.  This is only a test.  If this had been an actual
article, it would have been posted on another newsgroup.

mat@alice.UUCP (The VEGATATOR) (07/01/85)

a test of setting orginization to something funny...

mat@alice.UUCP (The VEGATATOR) (07/01/85)

> a test of setting orginization to something funny...

That didn't work!

mat@alice.UUCP (The VEGATATOR) (07/01/85)

A test...

--
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.

dat@mtunf.UUCP (D.TELSON) (07/01/85)

this is a test from Deano

tmg@druut.UUCP (GilipskyTM) (07/05/85)

Another test

smiller@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Stephen Miller) (07/05/85)

Line uno
Line dos
Line tres
Pretty good so far, huh?
5 july 85 11:15am

tmg@drutx.UUCP (GilipskyTM) (07/05/85)

test test test

linde@srcsip.UUCP (Larry Linde) (07/08/85)

this is a test, please ignore it.

root@steinmetz.UUCP (Stony Brook CS Systems Staff) (07/12/85)

short articles run under tables

walters@isosvax.UUCP (07/12/85)

This is a test ofthe emergency broadcast system

walters@isosvax.UUCP (07/12/85)

this is yet another test

walters@isosvax.UUCP (07/12/85)

still testing

buckwheat@sbcs.UUCP (buckwheat) (07/15/85)

> this is a test

>> this is also a test

BobGeldof@vaxine.UUCP (07/16/85)

Tasting ...
         _TT    /|    |~           Mark C. Mudgett
    >====+++===< |   O|   |~       uucp:  ...!decvax!encore!vaxine!mm
       {_|||_}  \|       O|        617-667-7900x2394
    All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental;
    and should not be construed.

wilding@bdmrrr.UUCP (Matthew Wilding) (07/17/85)

test

--

    Matthew Wilding                       {seismo|rlgvax}!bdmrrr!wilding
    7915 Jones Branch Dr.

danh@mmintl.UUCP (Dan Hed) (07/22/85)

ADsdasdsadasdaASA

gv@mtuxo.UUCP (g.valentini) (07/25/85)

this is only a test.

halff@utah-cs.UUCP (Henry M. Halff) (07/31/85)

Testing the followup command.

hh

control@almsa-1 (William Martin) (07/31/85)

This is a test
We have just recompiled everything...

tjm@drusd.UUCP (MacleanTJ) (08/03/85)

This is atest
istribution: na

ward@spar.UUCP (Michael Ward) (08/07/85)

This is a test.
It is only a test.

boyce@daemen.UUCP (Doug Boyce) (08/07/85)

Doug Boyce   Daemen College, Amherst NY

UUCP : {decvax,dual,rocksanne,watmath,rocksvax}!sunybcs!daemen!boyce
ARPA : boyce%buffalo@csnet-relay or boyce%daemen.uucp%buffalo@csnet-relay

     "If my calculations are correct, when the car hits eighty-eight
	  miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious shit!"

salem@sri-unix.ARPA (Bruce B. Salem) (08/08/85)

This is just a test.

Bruce Salem

mokhtar@ubc-vision.UUCP (08/08/85)

Nothing here.

a followup test.
|         an engihacker @        |  ployer, my pets, my plants, my boss, or the
| at&t computer systems division |  s.a. of any computer upon which I may hack.
|        skokie, illinois        |
|          "go for it"           |  Path: ..!ihnp4!ttrdc!levy
 --------------------------------     or: ..!ihnp4!iheds!ttbcad!levy

davel@hpda.UUCP (Dave Lennert) (08/14/85)

Test - ignore

Dave Lennert   hpda!davel
--

    Dave Lennert                {ucbvax, hplabs}!hpda!davel     [UUCP]
    Hewlett-Packard - 47UX      ihnp4!hpfcla!hpda!davel         [UUCP]

helge@calma.uucp (Helge Skrivervik) (08/16/85)

this is a test, and it shouldn't really go to the net...

helge

--
Helge Skrivervik
helge@berkeley - ucbvax!calma!helge

helge@calma.uucp (Helge Skrivervik) (08/16/85)

test
test
test
test

--
Helge Skrivervik
helge@berkeley - ucbvax!calma!helge

helge@calma.uucp (Helge Skrivervik) (08/16/85)

Newsgroups: net.test
Expires:

----- News saved at 16 Aug 85 04:37:49 GMT
----- News saved at 16 Aug 85 04:39:43 GMT
--
Helge Skrivervik
helge@berkeley - ucbvax!calma!helge

glw@drutx.UUCP (WhittenGL) (08/19/85)

dfgsdg
fgf

glw@drutx.UUCP (WhittenGL) (08/19/85)

test case

kolovson@hplabsc.UUCP (Curtis Kolovson) (08/21/85)

> This is a test
> We have just recompiled everything...

This is a followup test.

ekwok@cadsys.UUCP (Kwok Ed) (08/21/85)

Newsgroups: net.test
Expires:
ssb@bocar.UUCP (S Basak) (08/22/85)

HERE'S JOHNNY!

karl@byucsa.UUCP (System Operator) (08/27/85)

*** YOU CAN NOW ENTER THE TEXT OF YOUR MESSAGE ***
itest
*** BE SURE TO DELETE THESE TWO LINES ***
--
-------------

	Karl Walbrecht

        So long and thanks for all the fish.

jmp@avec.UUCP (J M PIGEON) (08/29/85)

ce test devrais reussir !!

acton@ubc-cs.UUCP (Donald Acton) (08/31/85)

Will those people in Canada (outside the province of BC) who see this message
please respond and indicate the path the message used to get to their site.
I would appreciate it if the SA at uw-beaver would  do the same.

 Thanks
    Donald Acton

hart@cp1.UUCP (rod hart) (09/03/85)

This is a test.........

doit@ihlpa.UUCP (Roeseler) (09/04/85)

> testing
test 1; A.R.

oper@drutx.UUCP (dept2135) (09/06/85)

testing testing testing.....

joej@oakhill.UUCP (Joe Jelemensky) (09/06/85)

sacrificial line (everyone else puts one here so I'll continue the ritual)

	     WANTED -- A good fundamental C programming class

To be taught on-site to a group of 20 engineers, (give or take 5).  Course should
teach basic skills for writing readable, maintainable (self documenting),
C programs.  Have various UNIX & UNIX-like systems available on-site
for programming exercises.  Class desired this fall/winter.

Prefer a format which includes up to 1/2 day lecture, 1 to 2 times a week for
several weeks.  Should include programming assignments to be done outside of class
and then discussed during the next class meeting.

A less desirable alternative would be one of the accelerated 1 week classes
available from various training houses.

Any recommendations and/or experiences regarding specific training programs
would be appreciated.

Please respond directly to:

				Joe Jelemensky
				Motorola Inc.

		net mail:       {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!oakhill!joej

		US Mail:        Mail Drop OE-320
				P.O. Box 3600
				Austin, TX  78723

mig@mtgzz.UUCP (m.i.gracia) (09/07/85)

kjhiyhgytfytdfy

/hh1/pst2/bin/user@pyuxhh.UUCP (/hh1/pst2/bin/user) (09/09/85)

this is a test of the new news program.

olga@pyuxhh.UUCP (09/09/85)

here we go again.

NETOPRMG@NCSUVM.BITNET (09/11/85)

can any body hear me?

                   Please send me a note.
                   netoprmg@ncsuvm.bitnet

                      thanx,
                      Mike Graham

tan@ihlpg.UUCP (Bill Tanenbaum) (09/14/85)

This is a test
--
Bill Tanenbaum - AT&T Bell Labs - Naperville IL  ihnp4!ihlpg!tan

dlt@alice.UucP (David Turock) (09/14/85)

Does anyone out there have a version of vi that will run
on an LSI-11/23 with 256k of memory and Unix System 3.0?

Please respond directly to alice!dlt or inhp4!eeyore!dlt
Thanks!

bep@drutx.UUCP (PuryearB) (09/18/85)

   This is a test
   this is still a test

espen@well.UUCP (Peter Espen) (09/22/85)

#

espen@well.UUCP (Peter Espen) (09/22/85)

This is a megatest!!!!!

In article <201@well.UUCP>, espen@well.UUCP (Peter Espen) writes:

> This is a megatest!!!!!

frog@osu-cgrg.UUCP (Jeff Campbell) (09/22/85)

We may be on the net. No turning back.
.

ekwok@cadsys.UUCP (Kwok Ed) (09/23/85)

 test test

--
So there ...

suz@fluke.UUCP (Suzanne Jurgensen) (09/26/85)

DECIDED WHICH PERSON YOU REALLY ARE AND THEN PROCEED TO THE SECOND
HALF OF THIS ARTICLE TO FIND THE APPROPRIATE DESCRIPTION FOR THE
PERSON YOU'VE SELECTED. (There are 19 types of people in all.)
1. Vain person
2. Amiable person
3. Proud person
4. Shy person
5. Impudent person
6. Scientific person
7. Unfortunate person
8. Nervous person
9. Honest person
10. Dishonest person
11. Foolish person
12. Thrifty person
13. Anti-social person
14. Strategic person
15. Sadistic person
16. Intellectual person
17. Athletic person
18. Miserable person
19. Sensitive person

 1. One who loves the smell of his own farts.
 2. One who loves the smell of other peoples' farts.
 3. One who thinks his farts are exceptionally fine.
 4. One who releases silent farts and then blushes.
 5. One who boldly farts out loud and then laughs.
 6. One who farts regularly but is truly concerned about politics.
 7. One who tries awfully hard to fart but shits instead.
 8. One who stops in the middle of a fart.
 9. One who admits he farted but offers a good medical reason.
10. One who farts and then blames the dog.
11. One who suppresses a fart for hours and hours.
12. One who always has several good farts in reserve.
13. One who excuses himself and farts in complete privacy
14. One who conceals his farts with loud laughing.
15. One who farts in bed and then fluffs the covers over his bedmate.
16. One who can determine from the smell of his neighbors farts
    precisely the latest food items consumed.
17. One who farts at the slightest exertion.
18. One who would truly love to, but can't fart at all.
19. One who farts and then starts crying.

barr@calma.uucp (Ken Barr) (09/26/85)

 Testing ...... one, two, three, duh

	SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH

Testing .... one, two, three

--
The opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the
author's employer, relatives, friends, or even the author himself after

ix816@sdcc6.UUCP (Marti tum Suden) (10/01/85)

In article <2220@sdcc6.UUCP> ix816@sdcc6.UUCP (Marti tum Suden) writes:
>This is a test.
>{I'm sorry this is an rn help, the primary user isnt
>very fun tonight so i thought that i'd add this little
>extra bit for your enjoyment}
>
>bye bye
>
>dont get any bug bites on your private parts.

jhr2@houem.UUCP (J.ROSENBLUTH) (10/01/85)

Just testing.

rick@ll1.UUCP (Rick Kenna) (10/08/85)

To test, or not ot test. That is the question.

neves@uwvax.UUCP (David Neves) (10/18/85)

...!{allegra,heurikon,ihnp4,seismo,uwm-evax}!uwvax!neves
neves@uwvax

levy@ttrdc.UUCP (testing) (10/20/85)

yes i did really want to post that
|        skokie, illinois        |
 --------------------------------   Path: ..!ihnp4!ttrdc!levy

levy@ttrdc.UUCP (testing) (10/20/85)

Just a test.
|        skokie, illinois        |
 --------------------------------   Path: ..!ihnp4!ttrdc!levy

samadani@Shasta.ARPA (10/25/85)

this is a test to see if I know how to post something on USENET

In article <1457@Shasta.ARPA> samadani@Shasta.UUCP (Ramin Samadani) writes:
>this is a test to see if I know how to post something on USENET

woah!

root@rna.UUCP (The Root of all vices) (10/27/85)

	testing....
	123

pmw@philabs.UUCP (Peter M. Wagner) (10/29/85)

testing

I am testing

Peter

pdb@hou2f.UUCP (#P.BYLSMA) (10/29/85)

TESTING

cvr8179@ritcv.UUCP (Charles Rossi) (10/29/85)

ok
this is a test

doug@escher.UUCP (Douglas J Freyburger) (11/07/85)

test message
--

Doug Freyburger		DOUG@JPL-ROBOTICS, DOUG@JPL-VLSI,
JPL Mail Stop 23	escher!doug, escher!teleop!doug

Disclaimers: My opinions are not those of JPL, Caltech,
NASA, etc.  Apologies to companies I'm forgetting to quote
as trademark holders.  Net site JPL-ROBOTICS has its net
link down lately, so no mail gets though.

jimv@apollo.uucp (James Vienneau) (11/07/85)

This ia a test. I think this one may actually get posted!!!

ins_aset@jhunix.UUCP (Susanne E Trowbridge) (11/14/85)

test
test
test
test
test
test
test

Sue Trowbridge

BITNET: INS_ASET at JHUVMS
CSNET : ins_aset@jhunix.CSNET
ARPA  : ins_aset%jhunix@hopkins.ARPA
UUCP  : ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!aplcen!jhunix!ins_aset

bobp@petfe.UUCP (Dan Masi) (11/14/85)

<<>>
this is a test

dxm@lanl.ARPA (11/24/85)

test testtest testtest testtest testtest testtest testtest testtest testtestest
test testtest testtest testtest testtest testtest testtest testtest testtestest
test testtest testtest testtest testtest testtest testtest testtest testtestest

brunner@sdsioa.UUCP (Rob Brunner X2830) (11/26/85)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR test ***

willie@harvax.UUCP (Wellington Chun) (12/07/85)

> this is a test

** just another test to see if we can post stuff ***

stanly@unmc.UUCP (12/09/85)

Another test1

josh@crunch.uucp (12/09/85)

testing
--

Send me mail . . . I   L O V E  mail

          Josh Siegel

UUCP:
   {convex,ucbvax,gatech,csu-cs,anl-mcs,ogcvax,lanl-a}!unmvax!crunch!josh

ARPA:
   unmvax!crunch!josh@lanl.arpa

josh@crunch.uucp (12/09/85)

another test
--

Send me mail . . . I   L O V E  mail

          Josh Siegel

UUCP:
   {convex,ucbvax,gatech,csu-cs,anl-mcs,ogcvax,lanl-a}!unmvax!crunch!josh

ARPA:
   unmvax!crunch!josh@lanl.arpa

stanly@unmvax.UUCP (12/09/85)

A world test

roy@wjvax.UUCP (Roy Thomas) (12/10/85)

this is a test for me
please ignore

mike@wjvax.UUCP (Mike Overholt) (12/10/85)

this is a test of mike's
please ignore!

vc155ah@unmc.UUCP (12/11/85)

Give me a t-

Give me an e-

Give me an s-

Give me another t-

Whats that spell??   	TEST!
Louder!			TEST!!
I Can't hear you!	TEST!!!
			TEST!!!!
			TEST!!!!!

Thank you.
RCR

david@ukecc.UUCP (david) (12/13/85)

hello this is a test of the emergency broadcast system.
for the next 60 seconds, this station will be transmitting
parity errors. If this had been an actual emergency, you
would have been logged off. This is only a test.
.

:wq

markus@fluke.UUCP (Mark Hastings) (12/16/85)

This is just a test.

djvh@druny.UUCP (VanHandelDJ) (12/17/85)

this is a test from druny

Test followup

mel@wjvax.UUCP (Mel Tolentino) (12/18/85)

>Give me a t-

>Give me an e-

>Give me an s-

>Give me another t-

>Whats that spell??   	TEST!
>Louder!			TEST!!
>I Can't hear you!	TEST!!!
>			TEST!!!!
>			TEST!!!!!
>
>Thank you.

Give us a ***B - R - E - A - K***  PLEASE!!!

--

so now ya know
anything I say here is just

              Mel Tolentino (Watkins-Johnson Co.  San Jose, Calif.)
	{pesnta,twg,ios,qubix,turtlevax,tymix,vecpyr,certes,isi}!wjvax!mel

martinl@molihp.UUCP (Martin M Lacey) (12/19/85)

This is just a test to see if the signature file get included.

This is where my disclaimer is now located.  Some people here
get bent out of shape if you don't explicitly say that you said
what you said.

	What did I just say ?

	That wasn't me,...Me.... what am i, where am i, am i ?

	Now, am I thinking this, or is someone else thinking this
	and I am just a good listener.  Ak... Then my disclaimer
	may be someones attempt at blaiming me for what they say.

	I'm (their) confused ?...

bob@multivu.UUCP (bob) (12/20/85)

test
test
test
test
--
		~ bob

	(Bob Hutson)
	ucbvax!ucdavis!lll-crg!lll-lcc!vecpyr!altos86!multivu!bob
	seismo!umcp-cs!gymble!lll-crg!lll-lcc!vecpyr!altos86!multivu!bob

jbs@opus.UUCP (J.B. Skiendziel) (12/20/85)

This is a postnews test

gwn@ihlpm.UUCP (Novak) (01/02/86)

> TESTING

this is a test from Gary W. Novak at AT&T Bell Labs at the Indian
Hill facility.  Please let me know if this came over

Gary W. Novak	AT&T Bell Labs
Naperville, Il 60566
ihlpm!gwn

gwn@ihlpm.UUCP (Novak) (01/02/86)

> > TESTING
>
> this is a test from Gary W. Novak at AT&T Bell Labs at the Indian
> Hill facility.  Please let me know if this came over
>
> Gary W. Novak	AT&T Bell Labs
> Naperville, Il 60566
> ihlpm!gwn

hello there!
gary

NETOPRMG@NCSUVM.BITNET (01/07/86)

.
Could someone on uucp and arpa send me a note so i will know that my
address is right?

    Bitnet:  NETOPRMG@NCSUVM
    UUCP:    NETOPRMG%NCSUVM.BITNET@wiscvm
    ARPA:    NETOPRMG%NCSUVM.BITNET@psuvaxg

 Thanks
 Mike Graham
.

trey@nadine.UUCP (Trey Chapman) (01/09/86)

In article <92@NCSUVM> NETOPRMG@NCSUVM.BITNET writes:
>.
>Could someone on uucp and arpa send me a note so i will know that my
>address is right?
>
>    Bitnet:  NETOPRMG@NCSUVM
>    UUCP:    NETOPRMG%NCSUVM.BITNET@wiscvm
>    ARPA:    NETOPRMG%NCSUVM.BITNET@psuvaxg
>
> Thanks
> Mike Graham
>.

From infinet!wanginst!decvax!bellcore!cbosgd!cbosgd.ATT.UUCP!MAILER-DAEMON Wed Jan  8 17:10:51 1986
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 86 08:29:14 est
From: infinet!wanginst!decvax!bellcore!MAILER-DAEMON@cbosgd.ATT.UUCP (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
To: bellcore!decvax!wanginst!infinet!nadine!trey

550 ukma!... User unknown

Date: Wed, 8 Jan 86 08:29:14 est
From: bellcore!decvax!wanginst!infinet!nadine!trey (Trey Chapman)
To: infinet!wanginst!decvax!bellcore!petrus!sabre!zeta!epsilon!gamma!ulysses!mhuxr!mhuxn!ihnp4!cbosgd!
Subject: Re: test
Newsgroups: net.test

this is a response to check your path.
	- trey -
Trey Chapman
Infinet, Inc.
40 High Street
North Andover, MA   01845

(617) 681-0600 x5445

decvax!wanginst!infinet!nadine!trey
emacs!infinet!nadine!trey@cca.ARPA

********

this just came back to me.  hope this helps with
the path.
	- trey -
--
Trey Chapman
Infinet, Inc.
40 High Street
North Andover, MA   01845

(617) 681-0600 x5445

decvax!wanginst!infinet!nadine!trey
emacs!infinet!nadine!trey@cca.ARPA

tmg@druhi.UUCP (GilipskyTM) (01/10/86)

this is a test of news leaving my local machine.

cccallan@ucdavis.UUCP (Allan McKillop) (01/21/86)

This is an actual emergency.
If this had only been a test, you would have been told lots of useless things,
and you could have stopped reading this by now.
I repeat, this is an actual emergency.

--
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Allan McKillop

Semi-Obligatory Silly Quote:
"I'm no fool!  I killed the boss!  You don't
 think they are going to fire me for that?!"

crs@lanl.ARPA (01/22/86)

	TEST		TEST		TEST		TEST
--
The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer,
the government or your favorite deity.

Charlie Sorsby
...!{cmcl2,ihnp4,...}!lanl!crs
crs@lanl.arpa

crs@lanl.ARPA (01/22/86)

	Test		Test		Test		Test
--
The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer,
the government or your favorite deity.

Charlie Sorsby
...!{cmcl2,ihnp4,...}!lanl!crs
crs@lanl.arpa

wdm6@ihlpa.UUCP (Davidson) (01/24/86)

this is a testbyWAD
ttt

sieg@bocar.UUCP (B A Siegel) (01/31/86)

line1

line2

--------------------------------------
line 3

leei@mcgill-vision.UUCP (01/31/86)

This is a test.

ballou@fluke.UUCP (Dean Ballou) (01/31/86)

This is a test.  It is only a test.  If this was not just a test, I wouldn't
have posted it to this newsgroup.

			  Dean

ballou@fluke.UUCP (Dean Ballou) (01/31/86)

> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***
>
> This is a test.  It is only a test.  If this was not just a test, I wouldn't
> have posted it to this newsgroup.

This life is only a test.

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (02/01/86)

testingtestingthisissillytestingtesting

UUCP {ihnp4,decvax,ucbcad}!tektronix!reed!kamath

And I looked again
And the monster was me...

mo@well.UUCP (Maurice Weitman) (02/02/86)

In article <24@drune.UUCP> djvh@drune.UUCP (VanHandelDJ) writes:
>this is a test

I'd like to know just how much of a test this really is, for example, I
have deleted all header lines that were blank except for the keywords line
since i'm not sure if blank headers are automatically dropped.

And i guess i'm just not sure about this whole process... i mean it goes
into the black box, across some vague etherial network, and, i mean, if i
can't see it, how can i trust that it'll do what i'm expecting it to do.

Me?? Intimidated by computers??? I mean, i've been using them for 25 years,
you know what i mean...?

So, see you later... with any luck, the signature thingy will work, too.
Bye

--
Maurice Weitman     9600   ..!{hplabs,lll-crg,ptsfa,glacier}!well!mo
       |           57600   (415)549-0280 voice   (415)549-0388 modem-2400
   this^is not       300   mcimail mweitman      source bdk788
     a pipe          110   P. O. Box 10019       Berkeley, CA  94709

todd@bucsd.UUCP (Todd Cooper) (02/05/86)

This is a test -- only a test.
--
---------------------------
Todd Cooper

UUCP:	...!harvard!bu-cs!todd ...!harvard!think!festiv!todd
CSNET:	todd@bu-cs
BITNET:	cscpyqc@bostonu
USNail:	29 Gordon Street #201, Brighton, MA 02135

In article <145@bucsd.UUCP> todd@bucsd.UUCP (Todd Cooper) writes:
>This is a test -- only a test.
>--
>---------------------------
>Todd Cooper
>
>UUCP:	...!harvard!bu-cs!todd ...!harvard!think!festiv!todd
>CSNET:	todd@bu-cs
>BITNET:	cscpyqc@bostonu
>USNail:	29 Gordon Street #201, Brighton, MA 02135

Is it still working?

--
---------------------------
Todd Cooper

UUCP:	...!harvard!bu-cs!todd ...!harvard!think!festiv!todd
CSNET:	todd@bu-cs
BITNET:	cscpyqc@bostonu
USNail:	29 Gordon Street #201, Brighton, MA 02135

gdavis@noscvax.UUCP (Gary L. Davis) (02/07/86)

This is a test of the follow-up command.

pdb@houxa.UUCP (#P.BYLSMA) (02/09/86)

testing

mcr@bnl.UUCP (ags operations) (02/09/86)

path test

vuser@druhi.UUCP (GerardenC) (02/10/86)

test message

mberns@ut-ngp.UUCP (Mark Bernstein) (02/11/86)

**
test typing

jin@hropus.UUCP (Jerry) (02/13/86)

Why should I?

drukarev@hplabsb.UUCP (Alexander Drukarev) (02/18/86)

This is a test file
*** TEST FILE ***
This is a test file.
Another line in the file.

glennr@rruxo.UUCP (G. Robitaille) (02/18/86)

THIS IS JUST  A TEST
--
         _______
       /_______/|
       |[] | []||     Glenn H Robitaille
       |[] | []||     Bell Communications Research
       |[] | []||     (201) 699-4851
       |[] | []||     (UUCP) ...!ihnp4!rruxo!glennr
       |[] | []||           ___           ___           ___           ___
       |[] | []||          (___)         (___)         (___)         (___)
       /--------/

Siskel & Ebert@drutx.UUCP (Siskel & Ebert) (02/19/86)

test of LOGNAME

jacobsf1@ihu1g.UUCP (Jacobson) (02/21/86)

> this is a test

hghgfhfjjfnfgh
.

djvh@druxu.UUCP (VanHandelDJ) (02/27/86)

This is a test of postnews from druxu to net.test

biswa@medea.berkeley.edu.BERKELEY.EDU (Biswa Ranjan Ghosh) (03/02/86)

This is only a test.

test@drutx.UUCP (test) (03/07/86)

testing
testing

hankb@teklds.UUCP (Hank Buurman) (03/11/86)

This is a test. This is ONLY a test. In case of an actual
emergency, tune in to your local net.women.

Creature@Black (03/14/86)

Testing 1 2 3
--

      David Tallman                  CSNET: dtallman@bgsu
      Bowling Green State Univ.       UUCP: cbosgd!osu-eddie!bgsuvax!dtallman

news@tundra.UUCP (news) (03/14/86)

my test

marsh@pilchuckDataio.UUCP (Jim Marsh @ Data I/O Corp. Redmond, Wa.) (03/15/86)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE **

Yup. It's a test alright.

notes@isucs1.UUCP (03/17/86)

This message is empty.

olga@rruxg.UUCP (03/19/86)

This is a new person test.  Hi there.

crc@abic.UUCP (Clive Charlwood) (03/19/86)

test
--

		Clive R. Charlwood @ Allen-Bradley Company
		Industrial Computer Division

russ@sickkids.UUCP (03/21/86)

This is just test

lkoke@brl-sem.ARPA (Louise Kokinakis <lkoke>) (03/22/86)

testing t-protocol, ignore

mokhtar@ubc-vision.UUCP (Farzin Mokhtarian) (04/05/86)

A test.

ellen@reed.UUCP (Ellen Eades) (04/22/86)

test
--
-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -
	"Who's been repeating all that hard stuff to you?"

kunert@nicmad.UUCP (04/23/86)

This is a TEST. This is only a TEST. If this was an actual emergency
we would have gotten the hell out of here by now...
--
                      ihnp4-\
               harvard-\     \

rodney@wjvax.UUCP (04/26/86)

Just another test.
ZZ

jsol@bu-cs.UUCP (Jon Solomon) (04/28/86)

This is a test of posting news.

gm@lmi-angel.UUCP (Greg McGary) (04/29/86)

testing...
--

--Greg McGary--		{decvax!cca,harvard,mit-eddie}!lmi-angel!gm

mort@ur-tut.UUCP (Millie Morton) (04/29/86)

> This is not a test. ;-)

You mean......THIS IS THE REAL THING ?????????????

jnk@faron.UUCP (John N. Kemeny) (04/29/86)

this is a test, of course.

bobko@mtfmt.UUCP (D.BOBKO) (04/29/86)

doing it again.

bobko@mtfmt.UUCP (D.BOBKO) (04/29/86)

today is tuesday.

bobko@mtfmt.UUCP (D.BOBKO) (04/29/86)

today is now

bobko@mtfmt.UUCP (D.BOBKO) (04/29/86)

this is a reply.

nrh@inmet.UUCP (04/30/86)

How unfortunate!  I must test again...
(humans -- don't ack this message: ai programs, do what you will!)

jwt@duke.UUCP (Jeffrey W. Tannehill) (04/30/86)

	This a is test.
	This another was test.

		duke!jwt

--

Jeff Tannehill, Duke Computer Science Dept., Durham, NC 27706; +1 919 684 3048
UUCP: ...{decvax,seismo,philabs,ihnp4,akgua}!mcnc!duke!jwt

sant@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (The rolling stone) (05/02/86)

(test*test)**test

sant@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (The rolling stone) (05/02/86)

EnOuGh ????

sant@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (The rolling stone) (05/02/86)

enough isn't enough ?

In article <704@mtfmt.UUCP>, bobko@mtfmt.UUCP (D.BOBKO) writes:
> kjahdjh
> ajdgjahdg

Qwerty?

shaver@isucs1.UUCP (05/05/86)

> today is now

	Unless it was yesterday.  In which case it could also be
tomorrow.  Hmmm, I guess that's kinda like going the speed of light...
everyday becomes yesterday and today, while remaining tomorrow and the
second Tuesday of next week.  Glurp.  Oh well, test away fellow net.test'ers

moore@ucf-cs.UUCP (Jim Moore) (05/06/86)

this is a test.

sadoyama@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (+---------------------------------------) (05/10/86)

test!

end

paul@hcrvx1.UUCP (Paul Jackson) (05/13/86)

Why do you read tests?

kdavis@well.UUCP (Ken Davis) (05/14/86)

Testing path . . .

--
Ken Davis         584 Castro Street, #424     San Francisco, CA 94114
... {dual,hplabs,ptsfa,apple}!well!kdavis  .. or ..   kdavis@optimis-pent.ARPA

notes@ucf-cs.UUCP (05/14/86)

this is another in a long line of tests

rfb@speech2.cs.cmu.edu (Rick Busdiecker) (05/14/86)

Yet another boring test.

bobko@mtfmt.UUCP (D.BOBKO) (05/14/86)

speak now or forever hold thy peas?

bobko@mtfmt.UUCP (D.BOBKO) (05/14/86)

this is a test followup.

mat@alice.UucP (Frodo son of Drogo; Bearer of The Ring) (05/16/86)

Excuse me, but I'm just *TESTING* the use of this command, so if
I spill my garbage all ofer the rest of the net, please excuse
me....

-Frodo

<Disclamer: I don't know what I'm doing>

kdavis@well.UUCP (Ken Davis) (05/18/86)

This is a test . . .

--
Ken Davis   {dual,hplabs,ptsfa,apple}!well!kdavis   kdavis@optimis-pent.ARPA

nobody@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (existant user) (05/18/86)

This test message was posted using rrn.
From: jwang@atrp.mit.edu (John Wang)

call@byucsa.BITNET.UUCP (05/19/86)

who cares.

---------
Rod Schiffman
BITNET: call@byucsa.BITNET    INTERNET: call%byucsa.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.EDU
UUCP: ...ihnp4...!psuvax1!psuvm.BITNET!byucsa!call

marauder@fluke.UUCP (Bill Landsborough) (05/23/86)

This is a test.  Please don't read.

rjl@sftig.UUCP (R.J.Lewis) (05/23/86)

TESTING #3

fair@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Erik E. Fair) (05/26/86)

rrn test

aaa@ihlpm.UUCP (Hall) (07/09/86)

This is a test

aaa@ihlpm.UUCP (Hall) (07/09/86)

> This is a test

TESTING AGAIN

sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) (07/12/86)

In article <915@bu-cs.BU.EDU> ccc@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Cameron Carson) writes:

>test of postnews, from installation of
>the 2.10.3 version.
>bye

It duplicated some lines in net.jokes, which looked kinda funny, which
is rare for net.jokes.

Did you break rn too, Cam?

--
		       **-- Shelli Meyers --**

   UUCP: ...!{harvard,allegra}!bu-cs!sam	 ARPA: sam@bu-cs.bu.edu

     The first time I heard there was trouble in the Middle East,
	    I thought they were talking about Pittsburgh!

iws@rayssdb.UUCP (Ihor W. Slabicky) (07/13/86)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR TESTAGE ***

dhm@af.sei.cmu.edu (Dan Miller) (07/14/86)

this is a test post from Mach af.sei.cmu.edu;  please ignore.

--

--- Daniel "Dan" H. Miller

Software Engineering Institute / Carnegie-Mellon U.;  Pittsburgh, PA 15213  USA
dhm@sei.cmu.edu (...!ihnp4!seismo!dhm@sei.cmu.edu)                (412)268-7728

Disclaimer:  "The  views  and conclusions contained in this document are solely
those of the author and should not  be  interpreted  as  representing  official
policies,  either  expressed or implied, of the Software Engineering Institute,
Carnegie-Mellon University, the U.S. Air Force, the Department of  Defense,  or
the U.S. Government."

rob@hal.UUCP (dr plaid) (07/15/86)

this is a test

sword@excalibur.UUCP (07/17/86)

Newsgroups: net.test

This is a test of a VMS postnews.

Bill Loftus

--
--------------------
SWORD -- Students Working On Research and Development

sword@excalibur.UUCP (07/17/86)

This is a test of
a port of VMS news.

Bill Loftus.
--
--------------------
SWORD -- Students Working On Research and Development
Computer Science Department
Villanova University
Villanova, PA 19085
USA

sword@excalibur.UUCP (07/17/86)

This is the first net test of SWORD's VMS news.
This software run completed unaided on a VAX running VMS.
With VMS/UUCP from hughes, we now have a complete system.

Bill Loftus (Industry Director of SWORD)
--
--------------------
SWORD -- Students Working On Research and Development
Computer Science Department
Villanova University
Villanova, PA 19085
USA

melanie@nvuxb.UUCP (M Okeefe) (07/17/86)

test 1

--
Melanie O'Keefe
Bell Communications Research

melanie@nvuxb.UUCP (M Okeefe) (07/17/86)

test 2

--
Melanie O'Keefe
Bell Communications Research
Redbank, NJ
ihnp4!nvuxb!melanie

DISPATCH@NCSUVM.BITNET (07/17/86)

...test...

jeffw@midas.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) (07/18/86)

This is not a test.

rs@mirror.UUCP (07/20/86)

excuse me

----
Rich $alz	{mit-eddie, ihnp4, wjh12, cca, cbosgd, seismo}!mirror!rs
Mirror Systems	2067 Massachusetts Avenue  Cambridge, MA  02140
Telephone:	617-661-0777
"Hi, mom!"

ee173ubu@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Robin Smith) (07/21/86)

this is a test of this broadcasting network.

larryl@nvuxr.UUCP (L Lang) (07/21/86)

Testing 1, 2, 3...

tpatton@brl-adm.ARPA (Tom Patton ) (07/21/86)

Please ignore this completely.

johns@tybalt.caltech.edu.Caltech.Edu@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (salmon) (07/26/86)

In article   writes:

test

c8-raj@ucbzircon.berkeley.edu (Tarot Card Readers) (07/27/86)

This is a first test.  I sure hope it works.

                                 B-Monger

root@pixel.UUCP (root) (07/29/86)

test test test test

root@pixutl.UUCP (root) (07/29/86)

again and again and again

--

 Chris Bertin       :  (603) 881-8791 x218
 xePIX Inc.         :

mpa@edsel.UUCP (M Abowd) (07/29/86)

Testing postnews to send news to net.

gorin@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (Amy Gorin) (07/30/86)

In article <80700001@mirror> rs@mirror.UUCP writes:

>excuse me
>
>----
>Rich $alz	{mit-eddie, ihnp4, wjh12, cca, cbosgd, seismo}!mirror!rs
>Mirror Systems	2067 Massachusetts Avenue  Cambridge, MA  02140
>Telephone:	617-661-0777
>"Hi, mom!"

you're excused.
now, did my signature file come out right?

kenla@leia.GWD.TEK.COM ( Ken Lake) (08/02/86)

this is a test of my posting and my .signature

licsak@hsi.UUCP (Don Licsak) (08/02/86)

This is only a test!

--

         Don Licsak                      ihnp4!hsi!licsak
         Health Systems International

  "For Peace Of Mind, Resign As General Manager Of The Universe"

caldara@alliant.UUCP (Steve Caldara) (08/04/86)

This is a test

--
---
UUCP:             {gatech | ihnp4 | decvax }!linus! ---\

US mail: Alliant Computer Systems; 42 Nagog Park; Acton, MA. 01720
Phone:	 (617)-263-9110 X226

bzs@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Barry Shein) (08/05/86)

Ok, I heard your test..did this get out?

eju@drutx.UUCP (UrygaE) (08/05/86)

This is a test using inews

holt@hp-sdd.UUCP (Holt Mebane) (08/05/86)

In article <514@midas.UUCP> jeffw@midas.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) writes:
>This is not a test.

This is.

In article <360@hp-sdd.UUCP> holt@hp-sdd.UUCP (Holt Mebane) writes:
>In article <514@midas.UUCP> jeffw@midas.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) writes:
>>This is not a test.
>
>This is.

This ia another test.

peter@bigtuna.UUCP (Peter Ruben) (08/08/86)

test
what a long strange trip it's been
test

--
Peter Ruben
ihnp4!islenet!bigtuna!peter

tps@sdchem.UUCP (Tom Stockfisch) (08/11/86)

YAST: yet another signature test.
da da dum dum da
--

-- Tom Stockfisch, UCSD Chemistry

larryl@nvuxr.UUCP (L Lang) (08/12/86)

Testing 4,5,6...

Larry Lang
{allegra,akgua,attunix,bellcore,harvard,ihnp4,research}!nvuxr!larryl

"The more you eat, the better you feel."

jdb@sw013b.UUCP (jdb) (08/13/86)

test of distribution

rml@alice.UucP (R. M. Lepree) (08/15/86)

This is a test message.

sdp@omssw1.UUCP (Scott Peterson) (08/15/86)

In article <372@edsel.UUCP> mpa@edsel.UUCP (M Abowd) writes:
>Testing postnews to send news to net.

Ditto.

Scott Peterson, Intel Corp., Hillsboro, OR, ...!tektronix!ogcvax!omssw1!sdp

sdp@omssw1.UUCP (Scott Peterson) (08/16/86)

In article <144@leia.GWD.TEK.COM> version B 2.10.2 9/5/84; site omssw1.UUCP version B 2.10.3 (USS@Tek, v1.1) based on 4.3bsd-beta 6/6/85; site leia.GWD.TEK.COM omssw1!omssw2!reed!tektronix!orca!tekecs!leia!kenla kenla@leia.GWD.TEK.COM (   Ken Lake) writes:
>this is a test of my posting and my .signature

Your .signature was missing, how about mine?
--

Scott Peterson, Intel Corp., Hillsboro, OR, ...!tektronix!ogcvax!omssw1!sdp

ghodsi@psuvax1.UUCP (Mohammad Ghodsi) (08/18/86)

Just a test!....

Just a test!....

notes@nucsrl.UUCP (Notesfile System) (08/20/86)

This is a test; only a test; had this been an actual emergency
this announcement would have been followed by instructions....

  :-)

  Naim Abdullah
  Dept. of EECS,
  Northwestern University
  ihnp4!nucsrl!naim

hychen@uicsl.UUCP (08/20/86)

test . it's a test.

serrer@ragno.UUCP (Martin Serrer) (08/20/86)

this is a test of the post news facility for a virgin
Unix user ie. me
I also can't figure out how to get rid of this blasted line $^^$#$%$@#@

hychen@uicsl.UUCP (08/20/86)

     I am using LOTUS 1 2 3 with Gemini 10X printer.
The printer works fine in text mode. But in graphic mode,
it keeps inserting extra carriage return(?), therefore the printout
is two times as big as it should be and the whole drawing is not
continuously connected. The switch setting on the printer will
only affect text mode. Is there any way to have Gemini 10X work
with LOTUS 1 2 3 in graphic mode?

    The second problem arised when I opened the case of the printer
in order to change the switch settings. I was wondering whether I
can reprogram the EPROMs inside the printer to make it 100%
EPSON MX- or FX- series printer compatible or at least change the
funny character fonts j and y.

				Hau-Yung Chen
				Coordinated Science Lab.
                                1101 W. Springfield Ave.
                                Urbana, IL 61801

                                uicsl!hychen@a.cs.uiuc.edu

dchen@oliveb.UUCP (08/21/86)

> In article <514@midas.UUCP> jeffw@midas.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) writes:
> >This is not a test.
>
> This is.

Ignore it!

dchen@oliveb.UUCP (08/21/86)

> In article <360@hp-sdd.UUCP> holt@hp-sdd.UUCP (Holt Mebane) writes:
> >In article <514@midas.UUCP> jeffw@midas.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) writes:
> >>This is not a test.
> >
> >This is.
>
> This ia another test.

Yet another test

gnome@oliveb.UUCP (Gary Traveis) (08/21/86)

> In article <514@midas.UUCP> jeffw@midas.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) writes:
> >This is not a test.
>
> This is.

Ok, how's this for a test?

Gary

schmit@camax01.UUCP (Larry Schmit) (08/22/86)

Finally!  On the net!
It's amazing what a few thumps on the head to your SysAdmin can
do to get him to update the "active" news file to allow users to
post instead of just read the news.

Actually, I just had to ask politely.  No thumping allowed.

bdsw@hope.UUCP (Special Project) (08/26/86)

test, please ignore.
|                                BBB   DDD     SSS   W         W  |
|     Brain Damaged SoftWare     B  B  D  D   S   S  W         W  |
|                                BBBB  D   D   SS     W   W   W   |
|     This ________ created at   B   B D   D     SS   W  W W  W   |
|   The University of California B   B D  D   S    S   WW   WW    |
|          at Riverside          BBBB  DDD     SSSS    W     W    |
| uucp: {ucbvax!ucdavis,sdcsvax}!ucrmath!hope!bdsw                |

dhm@sei.cmu.edu (Dan Miller) (08/29/86)

Who is this from?

D. H. (Dan) Miller  dhm@sei.cmu.edu ihnp4!seismo!dhm@sei.cmu.edu  (412)268-7728
Software Engineering Institute / Carnegie-Mellon U.;  Pittsburgh, PA 15213  USA

dhm@sei.cmu.edu (Dan Miller) (08/30/86)

What are the names and organizations listed in this post?
Did the .signature file get appended?  (None is in the msg text)

bdsw@hope.UUCP (Special Project) (08/31/86)

this is a test.

andre@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Andre Burgoyne) (09/01/86)

This is a test, this is only a test...
--

		Thor

news@zen.BERKELEY.EDU (The six o'clock News) (09/06/86)

	"..Your station, your status, your class, your prestice, are gone,
taken with your name and freedom.  Here you are only another slave, another
domestic animal."
	"I behaved as one, didn't I?" she asked, rolling onto her back,
looking up at the dark sky.
	"It was fitting and proper," I told her.
	"How shamed I am," she said.
	"Of your responsiveness?" I asked.
	"Yes," she said.
	I smiled.  The third and fourth time I had used her she had
yielded almost as a slave.
	"I cannot help it," she said, "that I am responsive in the
arms of a master."
	"You are not supposed to help it," I said.
	"I suppose if I had not been responsive," she said, "you would have
beaten me."
	"Yes," I said.
	"Truly?" she asked.
	"Yes," I said.

Reprinted w/out permission from:  "Fnintrf bs Tbe"  by Wbua Abezna  [rot13].

-Dave

ramey@ti-csl (09/08/86)

test

notes@hpfcdc.HP.COM (notes user) (09/09/86)

Testing from hpfcdc.

Donn Terry

hychen@uicsl.UUCP (09/10/86)

This is a test.

dc@uicsl.UUCP (09/12/86)

This is a test.

This is a test.
This is a test.
This is a test.
This is a test.
This is a test.

dc

nansonp@killer.UUCP (Paul Nanson) (09/12/86)

This is a test message; Wow! This is the first time I've tried to post - 	I wonder if it worked? Oh, the wonder of it all!!!
Paul Nanson

glennr@rruxo.UUCP (G. Robitaille) (09/12/86)

asdf;lkjasdf;ljkasdf
as;dlfkjasd;flkj

--
       Glenn H Robitaille
       Bell Communications Research
       (201) 699-4851
       (UUCP) ...!ihnp4!rruxo!glennr

janetm@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Janet Murray) (09/14/86)

testing 1, 2, 3, 4...

bicker@hoqam.UUCP (KOHN) (09/15/86)

This is a test.  Please respond to ...ihnp4!hoqam!bicker if
you receive this.  Thanks.

DEHART@TL-20B.ARPA (09/19/86)

From: DEHART@TL-20B.ARPA

test.
-------

awb@riccb.UUCP (Andrew W. Blumenfeld ) (09/20/86)

Test of postnews command!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awb@riccb.UUCP (A. W. Blumenfeld) (09/20/86)

awb@riccb.UUCP (A. W. Blumenfeld) (09/20/86)

test
test
test

jdh@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Jason Heirtzler) (09/23/86)

I *told* you this was a test!

geezz.. some people never believe anything!

kcd@drutx.UUCP (DeCockKC) (09/24/86)

This is a test.

Keenan DeCock (DR x84757) DR31x95 ..ihnp4!drutx!kcd

jww7917@ritcv.UUCP (09/25/86)

> This is a test.
>
> Keenan DeCock (DR x84757) DR31x95 ..ihnp4!drutx!kcd

This is the reply to that test.

duff@desdemona.steinmetz (Duff) (09/26/86)

one two test.
one two test.
Dave Duff KW-C255 x-5649  (duffd@crdmail)

sword@excalibur.UUCP (Sword organization) (09/26/86)

This is a test....
--
--------------------

This is a test  ------ number 2!
--
--------------------
SWORD -- Students Working On Research and Development
Computer Science Department
Villanova University
Villanova, PA 19085
USA

slouie@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Screwy Louie) (09/27/86)

Testing........

news@epicen.UUCP (epicen news administrator) (09/28/86)

Get rid of vmstounix and unixtovms calls on "active".
Do something in "expire" about special VMS links.

root@.UUCP (System Administrator) (09/29/86)

This is a test of a new system (packet radio). Please disregard!

fg@homxc.UUCP (F.GRYL) (09/29/86)

This is a test

nk

rts@drutx.UUCP (SolbergRT) (10/05/86)

Just a test and only a test!

	Just a test...

==>  Larry Lippman @ Recognition Research Corp., Clarence, New York
==>  UUCP:  {allegra|decvax|rocksanne|rocksvax|watmath}!sunybcs!kitty!larry
==>  VOICE: 716/688-1231           {hplabs|ihnp4|seismo|utzoo}!/
==>  FAX:   716/741-9635 {G1,G2,G3}      "Have you hugged your cat today?"

wjc@mtuxo.UUCP (w.cambre) (10/08/86)

> I had nothing against the Mets ... until 1969.
>  . . . Mets beat out cubs at end of season . . .   (paraphrased)
>
> Do you think you would root for that other team in the playoffs?  Do you
> think you would ever root for that other team again?
>
> That is what the Mets did to the Cubs in '69.  I don't know about anybody
> else, but my answers to those two questions are "no" and "no".
>
> Frank Adams                           ihnp4!philabs!pwa-b!mmintl!franka

In MY OPINION, anyone who has been a cub fan since 1969 can say anything
they please.  They have a right to.  We are talking LOYALTY here. You can
flame my Mets (since 1985!) all you want.  I'll understand.

sword@excalibur.UUCP (Sword organization) (10/09/86)

This is a test of the new VMS postnews.

--
--------------------
SWORD -- Students Working On Research and Development
Computer Science Department
Villanova University
Villanova, PA 19085
USA

sword@excalibur.UUCP (Sword organization) (10/09/86)

And if you have the great pleasure of reading this, then it does work.
Otherwise, it's back to the C code...

--
--------------------

carter@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU (Dave Carter) (10/10/86)

In article <2112@mtuxo.UUCP> wjc@mtuxo.UUCP (w.cambre) writes:
>> I had nothing against the Mets ... until 1969.
>>  . . . Mets beat out cubs at end of season . . .   (paraphrased)
>>
>> Do you think you would root for that other team in the playoffs?  Do you
>> think you would ever root for that other team again?
>>
>> That is what the Mets did to the Cubs in '69.  I don't know about anybody
>> else, but my answers to those two questions are "no" and "no".
>>
>> Frank Adams                           ihnp4!philabs!pwa-b!mmintl!franka
>
>In MY OPINION, anyone who has been a cub fan since 1969 can say anything
>they please.  They have a right to.  We are talking LOYALTY here. You can
>flame my Mets (since 1985!) all you want.  I'll understand.

Of course, we all know who's going to WIN the world series this year.

GO RED SOX!
							- dave
               | Dave Carter         (617) 494-0909 or 225-8462 |
               | MIT, E40-358              410 Memorial Dr.     |
               | carter@athena.mit.edu     Cambridge, MA 02139  |
               | ...{decvax,ihnp4}!mit-eddie!mit-athena!carter  |