[net.test] testing

G:asa (05/28/82)

Fri May 28 00:06:40 PDT 1982

rwt (06/03/82)

testing from jj to cc.

hotline (06/04/82)

Testing from cc to jj.

djj (06/04/82)

test for author line

rob (06/12/82)

I am testing this file to see if I can get out on 2.7 inews.
Something has been screwey.

alb (06/19/82)

testing new site

ralph (07/08/82)

We seem to be having problems with passing
articles through inuxc. Let's see if this one
makes it.

mclure@sri-unix (07/29/82)

just a test

jse (08/09/82)

This is a test.  It is only a test.

stone@sri-unix (08/24/82)

Please ignore.

haas (09/10/82)

This is a test.  This is ONLY a test.  If this were a real Usenet message,
you would be flamed at.

droms (11/06/82)

Please ignore this test.

lauren (11/25/82)

Testing, testing.  12345.
Tar Sardar Gor

lauren (11/26/82)

Testing... 1 2 3 ...

--Lauren--

sysred (11/27/82)

Testing recovery of lost netnews files.

psuvm%r3m (12/07/82)

     Hello from the BITNET.

hoyt (12/07/82)

  This is a test....

p.d. (12/09/82)

another test

stan (12/14/82)

this is a test.....sorry

mccallum (12/20/82)

Testing outgoing news

msr (01/12/83)

sorry.....

rkj (01/14/83)

Simply a test.

root (01/22/83)

testing, testing.
this is a test

mjm (01/23/83)

This is a test.
This is only a test.

mjl (01/25/83)

Subject:     Testing
From:        mjl
Newsgroups:  net.test

Of a new shell script to post news.  Boring, right?
Of COURSE it is!!

Oh, well...I guess I'll just crawl away under a rock
and die now.  Sorry to bother you...

mjl (01/28/83)

	Just another test to remove
	those obnoxious headings that
	used to appear at the top of
	news items from this shell script.

cutler (01/31/83)

From: cutler at Yale-Bulldog
If you're reading this then you're wasting your time.

berry (01/31/83)

never mind...

root (02/04/83)

testing 1, 2, 3...

glenm (02/04/83)

this is to show AL how this works.

dag (02/10/83)

This is a test reply to a test test.

cng (02/11/83)

this is a test line

stewartd (02/17/83)

 This is a test...

mclure (03/09/83)

#N:sri-unix:1100018:000:20
sri-unix!mclure    Mar  8 12:55:00 1983

this is just a test

mclure (03/09/83)

#N:sri-unix:1100019:000:12
sri-unix!mclure    Mar  8 13:26:00 1983

just a test

mclure (03/09/83)

#N:sri-unix:1100020:000:12
sri-unix!mclure    Mar  8 13:27:00 1983

yet another

mark (03/21/83)

Trying to reproduce a weird problem.
	Mark

urban (03/30/83)

One, two, three.
Why do people subscribe to this newsgroup?????

nyles (04/02/83)

#R:sentry1:-147100:zinfandel:12000001:000:65
zinfandel!nyles    Mar 31 15:37:00 1983

because its fun to see what kind of drivel people put on the net

lda (04/04/83)

here ye go!

				Larry D. Auton

iy47ab (04/05/83)

I subscribe to this newsgroup because it's hilarious.
I think it's funnier than net.joke!
arwen

evans (04/06/83)

msc (04/14/83)

	Testing to try and trap a strange happening in 2.9 followup
	command.  Local test seems to work fine.

wrongLogin (04/18/83)

this is a test to see if denver administrators really have stopped us from
receiving outside news.

cunningh (05/04/83)

~r dummy

cunningh (05/04/83)

Date: Tue, 3-May-83 19:26:48 EDT

testing to see how this comes back.

rmz (05/05/83)

testing.

cmcs01 (05/09/83)

testing
testing
testing

rwhw@hound.UUCP (06/03/83)

8:50am

spaf@gatech.UUCP (06/05/83)

So why isn't the use of the ".signature" file documented in
the manual entry for "postnews"?
--
"The soapbox of Gene Spafford"

Spaf at GATech		        (CS Net)
Spaf.GATech at UDel-Relay       (ARPA)		 School of ICS
...!{sb1, allegra}!gatech!spaf  (uucp)      	 Georgia Tech
...!duke!mcnc!msdc!gatech!spaf                   Atlanta, GA 30332

donkin@burdvax.UUCP (Michael Donkin) (06/09/83)

This is only a test. This is only a test. This is only a test.
This is only a test.

lauren@vortex.UUCP (06/12/83)

TEST.

--Lauren--

sysred@psuvax.UUCP (06/17/83)

Please excuse this (ab)use of net.test.  If allegra!honey
and/or burdvax!puder read this, please respond.  Thanks...

--
Ralph Droms

kurt@pyuxhh.UUCP (06/25/83)

This is a test of folowyup

espo@bpa.UUCP (07/02/83)

This is just a test.

hammy@mit-eddie.UUCP (07/05/83)

This is a test
--
						J. Scott Hamilton
						!genrad!mit-eddie!hammy

dans@iddic.UUCP (Dan Sheley) (07/11/83)

This is a test of a news composer.
Line2
Line 3
Last line in file.

brando@linus.UUCP (Thom Brando) (07/18/83)

This is a test and nothing more.
If it works I will be pleased and nothing less.

					    Thom Brando, clearing his throat
					    ??as yet unsure??

odj@pyuxhh.UUCP (07/24/83)

test 1

odj@pyuxhh.UUCP (07/24/83)

test 2

odj@pyuxhh.UUCP (07/24/83)

test 3

root@olivej.UUCP (root) (08/22/83)

this is a test
and nothing but a test.

evans@wivax.UUCP (09/02/83)

another one
--
Barry Evans   {decvax,linus}!wivax!evans
              Wang Institute (617) 649-9731 x383

labelle@hplabsc.UUCP (WB6YZZ) (09/08/83)

       This is a test of the followup to article function.

ramona@nsc.uucp (Ramona Wu) (09/14/83)

testing ...

ss@wivax.UUCP (09/22/83)

This is atest, please ignore.
--

Sid Shapiro -- {decvax,linus}!wivax!ss -- Wang Institute
	       ss.Wang-Inst@UDel-Relay -- (617)649-9731

sysred@psuvax.UUCP (09/27/83)

Sorry to bother you - needed to test
remote delivery and to.xxx is AFU.

--
					Ralph Droms
					Computer Science Department

espo@bpa.UUCP (09/28/83)

This is a test..

droms@burdvax.UUCP (09/28/83)

Testing psuvax<->burdvax link.  Please, no flames...
I've already tested using local newsgroups.

Wed Sep 28 15:29:16 EDT 1983

sysred@psuvax.UUCP (09/28/83)

Testing psuvax<->burdvax.  Please, no flames...
I've already tested using local newsgroups.

Wed Sep 28 15:33:09 EDT 1983

--
					Ralph Droms
					Computer Science Department
					The Pennsylvania State University

espo@bpa.UUCP (10/14/83)

Just testing..sorry for the inconveinence.

jdi@psuvax.UUCP (10/18/83)

this is a test.
--
			John Irwin
			Pennsylvania State University

marty@oliveb.UUCP (10/21/83)

if ios!daves, or fortune!stein, or tymix!goldman, or hplabs!fowler
see this, please send mail to oliveb!lorenzo.

			Lorenzo Pengo

davidk@dartvax.UUCP (10/25/83)

  Just a test to see how to send a file.

neal@denelcor.UUCP (Neal Weidenhofer) (10/26/83)

This is a test of using emacs in readnews instead of vi.

claffy@eosp1.UUCP (11/08/83)

This is a test.
--
Jim Claffy

arnold@csu-cs.UUCP (Ed Arnold) (11/09/83)

	This is a test.

koo@uw-vlsi (Frances Koo) (01/13/84)

	This is just a test to see if I can post news.

koo@uw-vlsi (Frances Koo) (01/19/84)

This is a test to see what gets posted

psuvm%d40@psuvax.UUCP (01/26/84)

DATE: THU, 26 JAN 84 5:00 EST
FROM: SK1 AT PSUVM
SUBJECT: TESTING...
THIS IS A TEST

t@beesvax.UUCP (02/02/84)

this is a test	(what else)

zitrovsky@yale-com.UUCP (zitrovsky) (02/05/84)

<>
	This is a test.

gbr@mb2c.UUCP (Jerry Ruhno) (02/16/84)

This a test of the inews command

	      jerry r.
	      sb1!mb2c!gbr

ted@teldata.UUCP (02/17/84)

Just a test

taghipo@qplx.UUCP (Robert Taghipour) (02/23/84)

this is just a test

robertm@dartvax.UUCP (Robert P. Munafo) (02/25/84)

fhakfjagktkewkehtkwjre
--

  Robert P. Munafo   ...!{decvax,cornell,linus}!dartvax!robertm

sgw@ucbvax.UUCP (Saul Wold) (02/26/84)

	This is a test.
	this is only a test.

lynch@wivax.UUCP (Robert Lynch) (02/29/84)

this is a test
this is a test

berry@zehntel.UUCP (03/06/84)

hello
Ignore me
I just need some text to not be rejected

berry@zehntel.UUCP (03/06/84)

testing again.
I hope these cancels are working.

berry@zehntel.UUCP (03/06/84)

foo
doo
daa

psuvm%sk1@psuvax.UUCP (03/09/84)

This message is empty.

psuvm%cjc@psuvax.UUCP (03/10/84)

...more testing
cc

ortiz@yale-com.UUCP (Luis F. Ortiz) (03/13/84)

    Please ignore this as it is a test to see if the follow-up feature
    is working properly.   Thanks.
				    luis Ortiz

ortiz@yale-com.UUCP (Luis F. Ortiz) (03/13/84)

[_____]
	This is a test to see if the followup feature is once again
    working properly.
			    Luis Ortiz

dhb@rayssd.UUCP (03/20/84)

lkjdlkfjlkdjflkdjsflkjsdlk
lkdjflkjslkdfjlksjdlfkjlsdkjf
lkfjldkjflkjsdlkfjlskdjflks
lkjdflkjslkfjlksjflkjslkfjlskd
--
	Dave Brierley
	Raytheon Co.; Portsmouth RI; (401)-847-8000 x4073

ortiz@yale-comix.UUCP (Luis F. Ortiz) (03/31/84)

	    This is a test

531ljr@sunybcs.UUCP (john r. loverso) (04/04/84)

to a free world!
(only testing)

randy@utcsrgv.UUCP (Randall S. Becker) (04/14/84)

Sorry just a test.

deamon@yale-comix.UUCP (The Devil Himself) (04/16/84)

    This is a test.  PLease forgive the instrusion

jeff@oddjob.UChicago.UUCP (Jeff Bishop) (04/28/84)

Another test. Please disregard.

zz96sr@sdccsu3.UUCP (05/03/84)

            -------------------
            This is only a test
	    -------------------

devine@asgb.UUCP (05/16/84)

Testing 1 2....

devine@asgb.UUCP (05/16/84)

testing 1 2

devine@asgb.UUCP (05/16/84)

a follow up to a worthless test.

kfl@hoxna.UUCP (Kenton Lee) (05/25/84)

xxx
testing
--
Kenton Lee, Bell Labs - WB
wb3g!kfl or hoxna!kfl

root@intelca.UUCP (The Autarch) (05/31/84)

if this was a real emergency...
....you'd know it!
toodles

arnold@denelcor.UUCP (Ed Arnold) (06/04/84)

this is a test

phil@amd70.UUCP (06/04/84)

trying new batching scheme
--
Phil Ngai (408) 982-6825 {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra,intelca}!amd70!phil

tucson@ihuxj.UUCP (B. A. Salzmann) (06/06/84)

line 1
testing once,
second is coming.
10-4.

tucson@ihuxj.UUCP (B. A. Salzmann) (06/06/84)

this is the second test, using f this time.

marka@tektronix.UUCP (Mark Adams) (06/08/84)

To:net.test
Fcc:outbox

This is the test.
Mark

arnold@denelcor.UUCP (Ed Arnold) (06/19/84)

this is a test of the emergency broadcast system. This is only a test.

phantom@sequent.UUCP (06/19/84)

testing 1 2 3

evans@wivax.UUCP (Barry Evans) (06/20/84)

Hello. just testing.  please ignore as this doesn't need to involve
anyone but me, unless, of course you want to make a big deal about it
and send flames or or ... nevermind.

--
Barry Evans - Wang Institute (617) 649-9731 x383
    [apollo, bbncca, cadmus, decvax, harvard, linus, masscomp]!wivax!evans

discolo@ucsbcsl.UUCP (07/17/84)

just a test.

ssimpson@trwrba.UUCP (07/23/84)

This is a test
--
	Scott Simpson
	TRW Electronics and Defense Sector

kevin@amdcad.UUCP (Kevin OwWing) (07/24/84)

this is a test to see if postnews is working

dave@rocksvax.UUCP (Dave Sewhuk) (08/07/84)

test 123

--
Dave

arpa: Sewhuk.HENR@Xerox.ARPA
uucp: {allegra,rochester,amd,sunybcs}!rocksvax!dave

tech@auvax.UUCP (Richard Loken) (08/17/84)

test
test
test
test

kfl@hoxna.UUCP (Kenton Lee) (08/28/84)

xxx
just a test
--
Kenton Lee, Bell Labs - WB
wb3g!kfl or hoxna!kfl

andie@cvl.UUCP (Diane Donaldson) (09/17/84)

A test

gil@cornell.UUCP (09/21/84)

From: gil (Gilbert Andrew Neiger)
This is a test.

gordon@uw-june (Gordon Davisson) (09/30/84)

Surprisingly, this is a test.

zorat@sbcs.UUCP (Alessandro Zorat) (10/01/84)

test1

zorat@sbcs.UUCP (Alessandro Zorat) (10/01/84)

test2

larry@extel.UUCP (Larry Pajakowski) (10/04/84)

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

jimt@asgb.UUCP (10/11/84)

please ignore this Test

bien@trwrb.UUCP (Cheryl Bien) (10/17/84)

This is just a test to see if mail is getting through between
trwrb and trwrba.

parnass@ihu1h.UUCP (Bob Parnass, AJ9S) (10/19/84)

just testing

Bob Parnass,  Bell Telephone Laboratories - ihnp4!ihu1h!parnass - (312)979-5414

ese@teddy.UUCP (Edward Eng) (10/19/84)

testing exp

ese@teddy.UUCP (Edward Eng) (10/19/84)

testing . groups

uucp@mdee.UUCP (uucp) (11/08/84)

This is a test. (MFD)

mom@sftri.UUCP (M.Modig) (12/14/84)

Testing...

dsc@lzpfc.UUCP (12/20/84)

SUBJECT: TEST

body

				signature

stuff
______

ml@nvuxd.UUCP (M. Lampell) (01/04/85)

this is a test
--
From the desk of M. Lampell x6051   ...ihnp4!houxd!ml

smk@nvuxd.UUCP (S.KUZYSZYN) (01/04/85)

test
test

david@analog.UUCP (David Mount ) (01/04/85)

I'm not implying that there is only ONE bug in MacPascal, or anything, but
this one is a killer (to me, at any rate)

I am running Pascal on a 512K Mac and trying to develop a fairly large
program, with a view to making a stand-alone application of it when the
appropriate tools become available and I can afford them.  One reviewer
of MacPascal led me to believe that a 512K Mac would allow 10000 line
programs to run under Pascal.

This appears not to be true.  I don't have an exact count of the lines, but
the source file for my program is just under 24K, and it is probably no larger
than 1500 lines.  This is what started happening: I added one or two lines and
tried to test things, and got an error message to the effect that I was passing
too few parameters to a procedure or function.  The little hand pointed to the
program header ("Program blotblotblot").  Delete the lines I had added, and
then things ran fine.  I fiddled around a while, and finally deleted a bunch
of code that was no longer needed, and THEN I could add the one or two lines
I was trying to add in the first place!  All the tests I could bring to bear
pointed to a hypothesis that there is an internal invisible limit on code
size in MacPascal, which is far lower than the size of memory would lead
one to believe.  My listing takes 16% of the available memory, and the crash
happens before many data structures get initialized, so it is not that I
have an inordinate amount of data.  BTW, I do have both Quickdraw libraries
and the SANE library included-I think these together take about 6% of the
available memory.

Is there anyone else who has experienced this?  The documentation very
carefully omits any reference to a place to call for help or to report
bugs, and there is no promise of bug fixes or updates, and no registration
that I could see.  So, does anyone know to whom I may report this
problem?  Would Apple be able to help?

{hplabs,menlo70}!analog!kim

annab@azure.UUCP (Anna Beaver) (01/10/85)

mn@homxa.UUCP (M.NIEMEYER) (01/21/85)

this is a pile of garbage for net.test

fct@raybed2.UUCP (01/22/85)

This is a test to see if anything can go out. Nothing is coming in.

Fred Thompson
SDF Staff

olsen@wxlvax.UUCP (Neil Olsen) (01/25/85)

This is a test :  posting to the net.

keduh@hogpd.UUCP (D.HUDEK) (01/30/85)

<||>>

This is a test.

Aren't you thrilled ?

wb@hou4a.UUCP (W.Baumgartner) (02/01/85)

I wonder if this will get out?

thiel@ut-ngp.UUCP (Stephen W. Thiel) (02/13/85)

?????

.

--
                                        Steve Thiel
                     ...ihnp4!ut-sally!ut-ngp!thiel

"It's a Mr. Death or something...he's come about the reaping?"

aouriri@ittvax.UUCP (Chedley Aouriri) (02/13/85)

1.2.3.4... this is a test... we begin bombing.!...

xian@gitpyr.UUCP (Xian Cheng) (02/18/85)

test. Who knows?

MIY@PSUVM.BITNET (02/19/85)

Well, I wonder if the columns on this
are going to remain in tact.

Perhaps the middle of the file won't get
eaten for lunch either...

Who knows...

We can only hope and pray.

-pessimist

collet@uwmacc.UUCP (Louis) (02/23/85)

	Deritus extremus
	No one read this stuff, do they?
	The meanderings of a dememted mind...

	last line

mohler@druxu.UUCP (MohlerDS) (05/01/85)

this is test

apt@inmet.UUCP (06/27/85)

This is another test...

walters@isosvax.UUCP (07/12/85)

spank my flank

gans@steinmetz.UUCP (Gans) (07/19/85)

just testing (obviously)

cct@rruxp.UUCP (C Todd) (07/30/85)

still testing...

rayn@ziggy.UUCP (Ray Ng) (08/08/85)

*** TESTING ***

If you see this message, please send me mail indicating it.

rayng@sdcsvax.UUCP (Raymond Ng) (08/13/85)

Testing ONLY !! If you see this message, send me mail !! Tks.

juhlin@druak.UUCP (JuhlinB) (08/20/85)

just testing

bdj

maryt@uicsl.UUCP (08/20/85)

WHAT A TEST!!!

juhlin@druak.UUCP (JuhlinB) (08/20/85)

This is a test.

It is only a test.

root@musocs.UUCP (VAX) (08/27/85)

testing , I think

pugh@cornell.UUCP (09/12/85)

From: pugh (William Pugh)

if this is not a test, what would it be????
	Bill Pugh
	..|cornell|pugh
	100 Graham Rd, Apt. 6G
	Ithaca, NY 14850
	607-257-6994

seb@mtgzz.UUCP (s.e.badian) (09/17/85)

testing...

markus@fluke.UUCP (Mark Hastings) (09/23/85)

This is a TEST.
For the next 60 seconds,
Do not adjust your CRT.

Test #1.

mike@whuxl.UUCP (BALDWIN) (09/25/85)

testing
--
			 / These are \		Michael Baldwin
			|  only >my<  |		AT&T Bell Labs
			 \ opinions. /		{at&t}!whuxl!mike

ahby@meccts.UUCP (Shane P. McCarron) (09/27/85)

Testing new news software.

--

Shane P. McCarron
Minnesota Educational Computing Corporation - Technical Services

UUCP	ihnp4!dicomed!meccts!ahby

kevinb@zaphod.UUCP (Kevin Brown) (09/28/85)

standard stuff....

--

= kevin =

...!ihnp4!sask!zaphod!kevinb		Kevin Brown

rick@ll1.UUCP (Rick Kenna) (10/08/85)

#include <curses.h>
#include <term.h>

main()
{
int COL, ROW;
COL=ROW=0;
initscr();

putp(clear_screen);
refresh();
putp(enter_reverse_mode);
while (ROW<11) {
	putp(cursor_down); ROW++;}
while (COL<25){
	putp(cursor_right); COL++;}
	move(ROW,COL); refresh();
	printf("A"); ROW++; COL--; move(ROW,COL); refresh();
	printf(" "); ROW++; COL--; move(ROW,COL); refresh();
	printf("T"); ROW++; COL--; move(ROW,COL); refresh();
	printf("E"); ROW++; COL--; move(ROW,COL); refresh();
	printf("S"); ROW++; COL--; move(ROW,COL); refresh();
	printf("T"); ROW++; COL--; move(ROW,COL); refresh();

	putp(exit_attribute_mode);
endwin();
}

rjl@sftig.UUCP (R.J.Lewis) (10/19/85)

Testing

Date:   Oct 18, 1985  23:20

gowri@petfe.UUCP (R Mahalingaiah) (10/21/85)

Hello there!

chris@hermes.UUCP (Christopher Caldwell) (10/22/85)

This is a test.  This is only a test.  If this
were an emergency, I would be posting to net.general.

vc155ah@unmc.UUCP (10/29/85)

Newsgroups: net.games.pbm,net.games.frp
Subject: Let's get PBM D & D rolling....
It is about time to get things rolling in this, the PBM d&d game.  As of now,
I have the following names as people who are intrested in participating:

Ryan Ramsey		ihnp4!ucla-cs!ryan
Matthew Goldman		ihnp4!umn-cs!goldman
Joel Rives		gitpyr!cc100jr
Henry Perkins		{hplabs,amdahl,3comvax}!bnrmtu!perkins
Oleg Kiselov		trwrb!felix!birtch!oleg
Thomas Cox		ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!benn
Danny J. Espinoza	ucbvax!bellcore!dje
Scott J. Berry		ihnp4!hou2g!scott
Sue Brezden		ihnp4!drutx!slb
Mike Stalnaker		seismo!dolqci!mike
Bruce Gamble		ihnp4!watmath!water!abgamble
G. T. Samson		ihnp4!wjh!gts
Andrew Sherman		speech2.cs.edu.Andrew.Sherman

A lucky 13.....
We will be playing with the rules (or a close approximation) for Advanced
Dungeons and Dragons. If you are unfamiliar with these rules, do tell. I
figure, with the amount of people who wish to participate, it would be
eaiser to use an already established system of rules (despite its many flaws)
rather than making up rules.

If your name is not on this list, if your name is on this list and you don't
want it to be, or if you have a correction (in address or name) to this list,
please mail me a response as soon as you can. For those of you who have been
waiting for me to confirm that I got you letter via E-mail, I have been trying
and trying and trying and this #^@#^@^!! of a system won't recognize any of it.
I will persevere and try to get mail to each of you.

PROPOSAL FOR GAME SCENARIO:

Possible choices-
One Real Big party in an adventure
Two little parties in an adventure

I prefer the latter, as a 13 character (not including NPC's) is pretty big and
a lot to DM at one time.  Two little parties can be more eaisly handled by me,
and can be real intresting. An idea would be two opposing alignment parties
entering a dungeon/castle/forest/etc. from different locals.  Both are after
the same thing (A religious article, an artifact of some sort, etc.). If,
by chance, the two parties happen to meet in a hallway, room, etc. then, well
you know.......

What I will need each of you to do is to send me the following information:

Your name
Your E-mail address (These two I have, but would like them again, for records)
Your USMAIL address
Your Telephone number (include area code, please....)
Your playing expreience (please keep it brief)
Your preference in character class, alignment, etc.
Any other information which you think I may be intrested in.

I am (or will be) trying to solidify things with the information you send me.
If you know of any others intrested in playing, please tell me. If you know of
someone who might be willing to lend me a tad of assistance, tell me. This
is going to be fun!!

Ronald C. Rosul Jr. (vc155ah!unmc!unmvax!lanl...)
US Snail:
Rt. 4 Box 2991
Los Lunas, NM 87031-9506

Phone:
(505) 865-0712 (before 10pm MST, please...)

"You have found the Amulet of Yendor..."

jpj@mss.UUCP (J. P. Jenal) (11/04/85)

just a test. does this get off
site?

goodrum@unc.UUCP (Cloyd Goodrum) (11/13/85)

In article <52@mss.UUCP> jpj@mss.UUCP (J. P. Jenal) writes:
>just a test. does this get off
>site?

Yup.

	Cloyd Goodrum III

ins_aset@jhunix.UUCP (Susanne E Trowbridge) (11/14/85)

Hey, does anyone read this group for sheer fun & entertainment?

ins_akaa@jhunix.UUCP (Kenneth Adam Arromdee) (11/14/85)

In article <1181@jhunix.UUCP> ins_aset@jhunix.UUCP (Susanne E Trowbridge) writes:

>Hey, does anyone read this group for sheer fun & entertainment?

Yes.
If you know the alphabet up to 'k', you can teach it up to 'k'.

Kenneth Arromdee
BITNET: G46I4701 at JHUVM and INS_AKAA at JHUVMS
CSNET: ins_akaa@jhunix.CSNET              ARPA: ins_akaa%jhunix@hopkins.ARPA
UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!aplcen!jhunix!ins_akaa
      ...allegra!hopkins!jhunix!ins_akaa

news@cpro.UUCP (The Net News Administrator) (12/20/85)

A test.

narten@purdue.UUCP (Thomas Narten) (01/15/86)

test--

Thomas Narten
narten@purdue.EDU

{ucbvax, ihnp4, allegra}!purdue!narten

abc@Kate.UUCP (01/21/86)

Hello.  NCSU is (once again) on the net...

root@Kate.UUCP (01/21/86)

Here we go again...

-Alan

root@Kate.UUCP (01/21/86)

Once again we try...

-Alan

aerial@dcc1.UUCP (01/23/86)

Has anyone seen the seventh key?

cccsam@ucdavis.UUCP (Sam McCall - Unix Security Hacker) (01/23/86)

this is a test of the automatic net.test response programs.
do not be alarmed.  this is only a test.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

-sam mccall
-unix consultant
-computer center
-university of california, davis
-...!ucbvax!ucdavis!deneb!cccsam

kimberly@ucf-cs.UUCP (Kimberly Christine Abel) (01/24/86)

testing

tech@ucf-cs.UUCP (Electronic technician) (01/30/86)

this is the body of the test.

gdavis@noscvax.UUCP (Gary L. Davis) (02/07/86)

This is a test message.
This is a test of the rn system.
123456
12345
1234
123

andys@houxa.UUCP (A.SHERMAN) (02/21/86)

<Food for the line eater>
This is only a test.
			andy sherman
			AT&T Bell Laboratories
			Holmdel NJ  07733
			...!houxa!andys

45223wc@mtuxo.UUCP (w.cambre) (03/06/86)

testing again.

attc@desoto.UUCP (ATT Communications) (03/06/86)

 1 2 3 testing

pdb@homxb.UUCP (#P.BYLSMA) (03/11/86)

This is a test

reid@decwrl.UUCP (04/22/86)

One two three

cxd@panda.UUCP (Craig Dawson X6326) (04/23/86)

testing

nrh@ima (04/30/86)

test.  Sorry.

rjl@sfsup.UUCP (R.J.Lewis) (05/23/86)

TESTING

wrk@abic.UUCP (William King) (05/23/86)

buzz click whirr humm......

--
		William King @ Allen-Bradley Company
		Industrial Computer Division

usenet@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (Remote news user) (07/10/86)

Its just me, testing again.
I wonder if the previous line will get eaten?  If it did, don't worry, it
didn't contain anything important.
From: dpan@mit-atrp.mit.edu (Davis Pan)

whv@psuvm.bitnet.UUCP (07/14/86)

Will this be the last?

brunner@sdsioa.UUCP (08/01/86)

just a test of stuff
--
Rob Brunner                              email:
Scripps Institution of Oceanography      brunner@sdsioa.UUCP

netnews@pt.cs.cmu.edu (USENET News Group Software) (08/09/86)

This is a test.  But being a clever person, you probably already knew that,
didn't you?
	--Mike
--

shahram@jason.ws.ucla.edu (Shahram Moradpour) (08/14/86)

This is a test!
shahram@locus.ucla.edu

mdr@bentley.UUCP (Bullwinkle) (08/14/86)

This is only a test.

seaney@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU (08/17/86)

This is a test.

epb19@uiucuxe.CSO.UIUC.EDU (08/27/86)

test

epb19@uiucuxe.CSO.UIUC.EDU (08/27/86)

this is mailed to us

othello@tesla.ARPA (Mystery) (08/28/86)

	Testing news feed...............

				-Mike

othello@tesla.ARPA (Mystery) (08/28/86)

	Testing news feed through Pnews....

braun@drivax.UUCP (Karl T. Braun (kral)) (09/04/86)

THis is a tpest

3 Sept 86
1908

			  kral
ihnp4!-------- \
mot! ---------- \
                 >    drivax!braun
ucscc!--------- /
amdahl!------- /

-----

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the
opinions of my employers, my country, the minor deities from the Halls of
Asgaard, or the great Prophet Zarquon.

----

richard@tg.UUCP (Richard Bennett) (09/11/86)

In article <681@curly.ucla-cs.ARPA> seaney@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU writes:

>This is a test.

And this is also a test. Thank you.

-- rgb

longuyen@megatest.UUCP (Long Nguyen) (09/13/86)

  This is only the test ...

   LONG.

ghodsi@gondor.UUCP (Mohammad Ghodsi) (09/14/86)

Ignore, it is a test!
Ignore, it is a test!
Ignore, it is a test!
Ignore, it is a test!
Ignore, it is a test!
Ignore, it is a test!
Ignore, it is a test!
Ignore, it is a test!

peterb@applicon.UUCP (09/15/86)

This is a test...

has@psuecla.BITNET (09/17/86)

Testing 1, 2, 3, 4,......

mod@lzaz.UUCP (Margie O'Driscoll) (09/19/86)

here's test no. 2 see if .signature works correctly

.signature

--
Margie O'Driscoll
ATT-IS Lincroft, NJ

In article <608@lzaz.UUCP>, mod@lzaz.UUCP (Margie O'Driscoll) writes:
> here's test no. 2 see if .signature works correctly

--
Margie O'Driscoll
ATT-IS Lincroft, NJ
ihnp4!lzaz!mod

mujica@CS.UCLA.EDU (10/03/86)

test
----
Sergio Mujica,   	   Computer Science Department, UCLA
mujica@cs.ucla.edu   ...!{sdcrdcf,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!mujica

lor@CS.UCLA.EDU (10/03/86)

this is a test, ignore the rest

*********************************
.globl _startup,  _xstartup
.globl _getchar,  _xgetchar, _getdec,  _xgetdec
.globl _getline,  _xgetline, _getoct, _xgetoct
.globl _getsdec, _xgetsdec
.globl _ungetchar, _xungetchar
.globl _flush, _xflush
.globl _putdec, _xputdec, _putline, _xputline,
.globl _putnl,  _xputnl, _putoct, _xputoct,
.globl _putsdec, _xputsdec, _putstr, _xputstr
.globl _putchar, _xputchar
EOF = -1
ILLCHAR = -2
OVERFLOW = -3
CHAR = 4		/ Offset indexing off r5 with to get char arg.
ADR = 4			/ Offset indexing off r5 with to get adr arg.
NMBR = 4		/ Offset indexing off r5 with to get nmbr arg.
LEN = 6			/ Offset indexing off r5 with to get len arg.
WAITBIT = 1 \< 5	/ Wait bit in processor status word 1.
TIMBIT = 1 \< TERMPRIO	/ Terminal interrupt mask bit.
NEWLINE = '\n           / newline character
SPACE = '\s             / a space
TAB = '\t
CHZERO = '0
CHNINE = '9
PLUS = '+
MINUS = '-

//----------------------- _startup ---------------------------------
/
/ _startup - routine to set up primitive operating system for CHIP
/
/ Call: jsr     pc, _startup
/
/ Sets up the program trap area so that control is transferred
/ to the _trap_proc routine whenever a program trap occurs.
/

_startup:
	CSV
	mov     $PROGTA+NEWSTATE, (sp)
	STST
	mov     $_trap_proc, PROGTA+NEWSTATE+PSPC
_xstartup:
	CRET

//---------------------- _trap_proc -------------------------------
/
/ _trap_proc - routine to handle program traps
/
/ When a program trap occurs, the current processor state is loaded into the
/ OLDSTATE region of the program trap area (PROGTA).  Then a new processor
/ state is loaded from the NEWSTATE region of the PROGTA.  If _startup has
/ been called, then PROGTA+NEWSTATE+PSPC contains _trap_proc, so control is
/ passed here.
/

_trap_proc:
	jsr     pc, _flush                      / Clear terminal buffer.

	mov     pt_msg1len, -(sp)               / Output first part of
	mov     $pt_msg1, -(sp)                 /  program trap message.
	jsr     pc, _putstr

	mov     PROGTA+OLDSTATE+PSPC, (sp)      / Output user pc.
	jsr     pc, _putoct

	mov     pt_msg2len, 2(sp)               / Output second part of
	mov     $pt_msg2, (sp)                  /  program trap message.
	jsr     pc, _putstr

	mov     PROGTA+OLDSTATE+PSPS2, (sp)     / Output IT Code.
	jsr     pc, _putdec

	jsr     pc, _flush
	add     $4, sp                          / Fix stack.
_xtrap_proc:
	HALT

.data
pt_msg1:	<*** program TRAP at pc = >
L = . - pt_msg1
.even
pt_msg1len:	L

pt_msg2:	< with IT Code = >
L = . - pt_msg2
.even
pt_msg2len:	L
					Eddy Lor
					...!(ihnp4,ucbvax)!ucla-cs!lor
					lor@neptune.cs.ucla.edu
					Computer Science Department, UCLA

scott@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Scott Pfeifer) (10/03/86)

> Testing 1, 2, 3, 4,......

*TEST,TEST,TEST!!!!!!!!
** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***

liong@nsc.UUCP (10/08/86)

Testing, testing, testing.

bdown@utai.UUCP (Brian Down) (10/21/86)

Testing a new installation of rn.

news@dciem.UUCP (news) (11/05/86)

trying to get inews to allow bigger active file despite constraints of
PDP-11 address space!