[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Printing Problems to a PostScript Printer

burgoyne@eng.umd.edu (John R. Burgoyne) (04/16/91)

We are printing a graphic in the client area by sending
to the spooler etc.

It prints OK to HP Laser Jet II, various dot matrix printers,
and various others, but PostScript printers produce only a blank
page.

If I print the PS file to disk, the size is way too small.
It looks like the only thing in the file is the header.

We've tried both the new and the old PS drivers.

Robert

oeschi@netmbx.UUCP (Johann Deutinger) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr16.144956.18439@eng.umd.edu> burgoyne@eng.umd.edu (John R. Burgoyne) writes:
>We are printing a graphic in the client area by sending
>to the spooler etc.
>
>It prints OK to HP Laser Jet II, various dot matrix printers,
>and various others, but PostScript printers produce only a blank
>page.

My colleague recently had the same problem in his program which should
print faxes from a Windows application.

It also worked on all printers except PostScript, where it also
produced blank pages.

He debugged the PS-driver of the DDK and found out that there is a bug
when an application tries to print bitmaps that are only one pixel high.
Other printer drivers can handle that. After changing his program to
send at least two pixel lines per bitmap it worked finally.

--
oeschi@netmbx.UUCP     | Johann Deutinger
voice +49 30 396 50 21 | Ferrari electronic GmbH (.. no, we don't sell cars)