[comp.windows.ms.programmer] BC++ in Australia

ahibblegm@cc.curtin.edu.au (04/15/91)

  Has anyone in Australia purchased BC++ from an Aussy retailer yet?

  If so, does it include Charles Petzold's "WINDOWS PROGRAMMING 3" book
  or does one have to purchase this seperately?

  thanking you,
 /============================================================================\
:   Geoff M. Hibble                                      (Western Australia)   :
:                                                                              :
:       Internet : Hibble_GM@cc.curtin.edu.au                                  :
 \============================================================================/

rhys@cs.uq.oz.au (Rhys Weatherley) (04/16/91)

In <1991Apr15.091602.7766@cc.curtin.edu.au> ahibblegm@cc.curtin.edu.au writes:
>  Has anyone in Australia purchased BC++ from an Aussy retailer yet?

I have it on good authority from Borland Pacific that Borland C++ is not
arriving in Australia until near the end of April, because they decided to
hold it up because of the bugs.  So if any copies are in the country yet,
there probably not the genuine article, so to speak, or at least weren't
obtained through Borland Pacific.  I wish they'd hurry up though :-( .

>  If so, does it include Charles Petzold's "WINDOWS PROGRAMMING 3" book
>  or does one have to purchase this seperately?

I don't think it will be distributed with the package - though I haven't
asked them.

Rhys.

+=====================+==================================+
||  Rhys Weatherley   |  The University of Queensland,  ||
||  rhys@cs.uq.oz.au  |  Australia.  G'day!!            ||
+=====================+==================================+

drift@qut.edu.au (Glenn Wallace) (04/17/91)

In article <1991Apr15.091602.7766@cc.curtin.edu.au>, ahibblegm@cc.curtin.edu.au writes:
>   Has anyone in Australia purchased BC++ from an Aussy retailer yet?
>
>   If so, does it include Charles Petzold's "WINDOWS PROGRAMMING 3" book
>   or does one have to purchase this seperately?
>
>   thanking you,
>  /============================================================================\
> :   Geoff M. Hibble                                      (Western Australia)   :

Same as U.S. methinks.

If you upgrade to BC++ - NO Petzold book.

If you buy outright - you get one.

+-------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| Glenn Wallace     | Net: drift@qut.edu.au                   |
| Drift Project     | Fone: +61 7 837-7126 Fax: +61 7 221-0173|
| Telecom Australia | Snail: 11th Flr 144 Edward St.,         |
+-------------------+        Brisbane, Q4000 Australia        |
| Disclaimer - The opinions expressed must be my own, because |
|              Telecom is a statuatory authority and as such, |
|              is not capable of having opinions.             |

rhys@cs.uq.oz.au (Rhys Weatherley) (04/17/91)

In <813@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> I write:

>In <1991Apr15.091602.7766@cc.curtin.edu.au> ahibblegm@cc.curtin.edu.au writes:
>>  Has anyone in Australia purchased BC++ from an Aussy retailer yet?

>I have it on good authority from Borland Pacific that Borland C++ is not
>arriving in Australia until near the end of April, because they decided to
>hold it up because of the bugs.  So if any copies are in the country yet,
>there probably not the genuine article, so to speak, or at least weren't
>obtained through Borland Pacific.  I wish they'd hurry up though :-( .

Classic case of egg on face here.  I got home after posting this message
and found my Borland C++ upgrade waiting for me on the step :-) .  So it
looks like Borland Pacific have really been moving things along.

And yes, the help compiler is included (first thing I checked), but no,
the Petzold book is not included in the upgrade, although it may be available
from retailers like under the U.S. deal, but I can't say for sure.  It doesn't
worry me though because I've already shelled out the money for the Microsoft
Windows Guide to Programming and Programmer's Reference.

Cheers,

Rhys.

+=====================+==================================+

drift@qut.edu.au (Glenn Wallace) (04/18/91)

In article <813@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au>, rhys@cs.uq.oz.au (Rhys Weatherley) writes:

> I have it on good authority from Borland Pacific that Borland C++ is not
> arriving in Australia until near the end of April, because they decided to
> hold it up because of the bugs.  So if any copies are in the country yet,
> there probably not the genuine article, so to speak, or at least weren't
> obtained through Borland Pacific.  I wish they'd hurry up though :-( .
>
> ||  Rhys Weatherley   |  The University of Queensland,  ||

I just got my upgrade from Borland Pacific. Our Melbourne office got
their upgrade last week. We seem to be last as usual. Must be Queensland eh?

+-------------------+-----------------------------------------+

rhys@cs.uq.oz.au (Rhys Weatherley) (04/18/91)

In <1991Apr17.153321.27267@qut.edu.au> drift@qut.edu.au (Glenn Wallace) writes:

>I just got my upgrade from Borland Pacific. Our Melbourne office got
>their upgrade last week. We seem to be last as usual. Must be Queensland eh?

I think a big delivery must have hit the streets in Queensland this week
because I have had a message from someone else in Brisbane who received his
copy on the same day as me (Tuesday).  So it's all go for BC++ in Australia!!

Cheers,

Rhys.

+=====================+==================================+

colin@lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU (Colin Canfield) (04/22/91)

>In <1991Apr15.091602.7766@cc.curtin.edu.au> ahibblegm@cc.curtin.edu.au writes:
>>  Has anyone in Australia purchased BC++ from an Aussy retailer yet?

>I have it on good authority from Borland Pacific that Borland C++ is not
>arriving in Australia until near the end of April, because they decided to
>hold it up because of the bugs.  So if any copies are in the country yet,
>there probably not the genuine article, so to speak, or at least weren't
>obtained through Borland Pacific.  I wish they'd hurry up though :-( .

>>  If so, does it include Charles Petzold's "WINDOWS PROGRAMMING 3" book
>>  or does one have to purchase this seperately?

>I don't think it will be distributed with the package - though I haven't
>asked them.

>Rhys.

I have received the upgrade approximately two weeks ago from Borland Pacific,
it does not come the Charles Petzold's book. I also have the SDK so this is
not a problem for me. The product is very good, as of yet I have had no
problems with bugs at all. After using Glockenspiel the speed is incredible!

Cu Colin.

Colin Canfield
Centre for Language Teaching and Research.  The University of Queensland.

colin@lingua.cltr.uq.oz.au   colin@psych.psy.uq.oz.au