[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Windows 3.0 Developer's NOTES

lwallace@javelin.sim.es.com (Raptor) (04/18/91)

Perchance the document you're all talking about is the Developer's Notes?

It's ~$25 and explains what you should do as far as preparing your app for
the market, and how to build an installation procedure.  Don't know the part
number as I've not ordered mine yet.
--
            Lynn Wallace           |           I do not represent E&S.
Evans and Sutherland Computer Corp.|   Internet: lwallace@javelin.sim.es.com

bchin@umd5.umd.edu (Bill Chin) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr18.161356.11445@javelin.sim.es.com> lwallace@javelin.sim.es.com (Raptor) writes:
>Perchance the document you're all talking about is the Developer's Notes?

No...  Maybe I'll rephrase...  We're looking for Guidelines for
Windows Apps for look-feel-interaction stuff.  Like IBM's
CUA guidelines.  There were guidelines in the Windows 2.0 SDK,
have these been upgraded?  MS-hotline didn't know anything about it.
--
Bill Chin			internet:bchin@umd5.umd.edu
PC/IP, Computer Science Center	NeXTmail:bchin@is-next.umd.edu

altman@sbpmt.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) (04/20/91)

The following are published as part of the IBM Systems Application
Architecture Library:

SAA Title							Part Number
An Overview							GC26-4341
Common Communications Support: Summary				GC31-6810
Common User Access: Advanced Interface Design Guide*		SC26-4582
Writing Applications: A Design Guide				SC26-4362

* Comes with Windows 3.0 SDK

Possibly the last title is the one you want.
I don't know where to order these from.

--
- Jeff  | Altmania Productions |================================|
 ~   ~	| 15 Yarmouth Lane     | jaltman    @ ccmail.sunysb.edu |

ronb@burklabs (Ron Burk ) (04/23/91)

altman@sbpmt.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) writes:

> The following are published as part of the IBM Systems Application
> Architecture Library:
Is there a phone number I can call to order these?  Will IBM sell single
copies to Joe Programmer who doesn't own a single IBM product?