[comp.windows.ms.programmer] IBM SAA boat anchor ..oops book

drift@qut.edu.au (Glenn Wallace) (04/25/91)

In article <s7gT12w163w@burklabs>, ronb@burklabs (Ron Burk       ) writes:
> altman@sbpmt.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) writes:
>
>> The following are published as part of the IBM Systems Application
>> Architecture Library:
> Is there a phone number I can call to order these?  Will IBM sell single
> copies to Joe Programmer who doesn't own a single IBM product?

BTW to all reading - re the IBM SAA book that comes with SDK.

I am not sure but I think MS may no longer recommend this book as they
*may* have one of their own that will supercede it in future.
(Though the IBm book is _still_ currently shipped with SDK)

This may be of some importance to people developing apps who are worried
about IBM SAA compliance etc.

Anyone from MS care to comment, officially?

| Glenn Wallace     | Net: drift@qut.edu.au                   |
| Drift Project     | Fone: +61 7 837-7126 Fax: +61 7 221-0173|
| Telecom Australia | Snail: 11th Flr 144 Edward St.,         |
+-------------------+        Brisbane, Q4000 Australia        |
| Disclaimer - The opinions expressed must be my own, because |
|              Telecom is a statuatory authority and as such, |
|              is not capable of having opinions.             |