[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Book offer in Borland C++

dahmus@eriador.endor.cs.psu.edu (Michael Dahmus) (04/16/91)

Has anyone else sent away for,  and received the Petzold book from the offer
inside Borland C++?  I was wondering how long it takes for the book to get
back.  (I'm waiting with baited breath ;+)

Michael E. Dahmus                      dahmus@endor.cs.psu.edu / MXD118@PSUVM

sung@ceco.ceco.com (Sung Han) (04/18/91)

In article <*q3G89cq1@cs.psu.edu> dahmus@eriador.endor.cs.psu.edu (Michael Dahmus) writes:
>Has anyone else sent away for,  and received the Petzold book from the offer
>inside Borland C++?  I was wondering how long it takes for the book to get
>back.  (I'm waiting with baited breath ;+)

Well, I posted a similar article earlier, asking if anyone else had received
the Petzold book, and got no responses.  As for myself, I sent in my book offer
card about a month and a half ago, and I still haven't received it.  Now I
called Borland, and they said that the publisher is handling it, and that they
have nothing to do with the process.  Now that doesn't make me any happier - and
my patience is beginning to run out.  If I don't receive the book soon, I might
call up the publisher and give them a piece of my mind, if I can just find out
their number.
--
#
# Sung Han @ Commonwealth Edison Corp., Chicago, Illinois

kessler@hacketorium.Eng.Sun.COM (Tom Kessler) (04/22/91)

I sent in my card for the Petzold book and it arrived last Friday (4/19).
I sent in my card in two days after BC++ was announced so it takes
a while.

mgphl@msa3b.UUCP (Michael Phillips) (04/26/91)

I just got my copy in the mail last week - it only took 'bout 2 weeks!

Maybe "they" figure that us Southern boys need all the help we can get???

Michael