[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Win and Non-Win Programs in One File?

jerry@polygen.uucp (Jerry Shekhel) (04/26/91)

Hello.  I've developed a Windows game that I'll be uploading shortly to
the archive sites.  I've got a question for a future version:

If I develop a DOS/VGA version of my game, is it possible to use it as
the stub to be bound with the Windows version?  I just thought it would
be kind of cool to have one .EXE that can run in Windows or plain DOS.
--
+-------------------+----------------------+---------------------------------+
| JERRY J. SHEKHEL  | POLYGEN CORPORATION  | When I was young, I had to walk |

bcw@rti.rti.org (Bruce Wright) (04/29/91)

In article <1059@stewart.UUCP>, jerry@polygen.uucp (Jerry Shekhel) writes:
> Hello.  I've developed a Windows game that I'll be uploading shortly to
> the archive sites.  I've got a question for a future version:
>
> If I develop a DOS/VGA version of my game, is it possible to use it as
> the stub to be bound with the Windows version?  I just thought it would
> be kind of cool to have one .EXE that can run in Windows or plain DOS.

This can be done without any particular problems.  It might even
be possible to share some code in the .EXE file between the two
programs, but it would be awkward and probably not worth it unless
it was really big and the routines in question didn't have to call
any Windows functions.

						Bruce C. Wright