[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Self installing

aku@tik.vtt.fi (Arto Kujala) (05/06/91)

Is there a easy way to make own win3-applications self-installing.

I mean: one DOS-command copies files from floppies, associates documents and creates a program item icon?

Copying is easy to do, but how about the icon&associating?

--Arto

cms2839@isc.rit.edu (a.stranger) (05/07/91)

In article <5609@hemuli.tik.vtt.fi> aku@tik.vtt.fi (Arto Kujala) writes:

>Is there a easy way to make own win3-applications self-installing.
>
>I mean: one DOS-command copies files from floppies, associates documents and creates a program item icon?
>
>Copying is easy to do, but how about the icon&associating?

				icons : send a DDE message to PM . this
was covered by Petzold in PC Mag a while back . associating : edit
WIN.INI . it may be possible to do this via DDE ; i dunno .

--
       @     "Imagination keeps the shadows away  -  Xymox      @