[comp.windows.ms.programmer] ACTOR

reilly@bnlux0.bnl.gov (kevin reilly) (03/15/91)

It seems when developing dialog boxes Actor jumbles the files that
should be in the \Work directory and also in the \Backup directory.

After running the dialog box I can no longer compile methods in the
dialog class. An error box comes up saying files cannot be found in the
\Work directory.
Also, if I try to take a snapshot an errorbox comes up saying files
cannot be found in \Backup directory.

If I look in those directories the files sure as hell are not there.

It seems Actor has actually ERASED files off of my disk.

Has anyone else seen this behavior when developing?

Thank You
reilly@bnlux0.bnl.gov

rdthomps@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Robert D. Thompson) (03/17/91)

In article <2663@bnlux0.bnl.gov> reilly@bnlux0.bnl.gov (kevin reilly) writes:
>It seems Actor has actually ERASED files off of my disk.
>Has anyone else seen this behavior when developing?
>
>Thank You
>reilly@bnlux0.bnl.gov

	Look at the file "changes"

	You should be able to find your prev. source there.

---
Robert D. Thompson

Norbert_Fuerst@p6.f3.n316.z2.fidonet.org (Norbert Fuerst) (05/08/91)

 > Although I have never used it, Actor appeared to be a well documented,

Dear Randy,

as I posted weeks ago, ACTOR seems to be one of the possible tools for
developing WIN Applications. As I said, customers of mine use ACTOR in a large
scale project and they are quite satisfied.
I guess, all a small project team will need for the first step will be a quick
prototype and a complete environment for development. Since major applications
won't grow over night, the skills you evaluate will help to speed up ACTOR apps
in many cases. When your application will be finished, the standard hardware
platform will have changed, so the lack of speed this days will be compensated
by the gain of hardware speed.

Best of ACTOR is, you can actually SELL your work when all others are still
fumbling with the handbooks of SDK. And you will see early, if the market will
accept THE IDEA of your product. While earning money, you may evaluate the
performance and get paid for this at the next update. This is what I call a
development environment.

Norbert