[comp.windows.ms.programmer] How to read icon files ???

neh@rci.dk (Niels Erik Holm) (05/07/91)

This question is very simple, and so is the answer (I assume).

How do I read a file representing an icon ( an *.ico file ) and display
the icon in a window on the screen? The icon is stored in a seperate *.ico
file, not in the executable image.

Best regards

Niels Erik Holm
RC International
Denmark
Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it, don't wait
for it, just... let it happen.  Could be a new shirt at the men's store,
a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot, black coffee.
(Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks).

bonneau@hyper.hyper.com (Paul Bonneau) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May07.111614.4624@rci.dk> neh@rci.dk (Niels Erik Holm) writes:

>How do I read a file representing an icon ( an *.ico file ) and display
>the icon in a window on the screen? The icon is stored in a seperate *.ico
>file, not in the executable image.

See "Reference - Volume 2" of SDK manuals, page 9-2 for a
discussion of the ".ico" file format.

cheers - Paul Bonneau.