[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Shareware C Compliler

9531fost@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (05/08/91)

Does anyone know where I can obtain a shareware C
Compiler. It does not have to be super powerful
or anything, just Windows 3.0 compatible.

Thanks for any and all ideas
Markee Foster
9531fost@ucsbuxa.edu

barryf@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Barry B. Floyd) (05/08/91)

9531fost@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu writes:

>Does anyone know where I can obtain a shareware C
>Compiler. It does not have to be super powerful
>or anything, just Windows 3.0 compatible.

>Thanks for any and all ideas
>Markee Foster
>9531fost@ucsbuxa.edu

Is gnu's g++ available on PC's with Win 3.0 support?

barry

| Barry B. Floyd                   \\\       barry_floyd@mts.rpi.edu |
| Manager Information Systems - HR    \\\          usere9w9@rpitsmts |
+-Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute--------------------troy, ny 12180-+

ryoung@pollux.svale.hp.com (Roderick Young) (05/11/91)

If I'm misunderstanding, just ignore this.

Did you just want a C compiler that runs under 3.0, or something that will
compile windows applications?  MicroSoft Quick C, I think, will compile
windows applications.  It's not shareware, but can be had for $100-125 if
you shop around.  Better than $500, if you're on a budget.  The next problem
is getting a copy of the Software Development Kit.  I got one free (with
paid membership) for joining a certain users' group, since MicroSoft had donated
a number of them to the organization.  A search of local classifieds may
turn up someone who is willing to sell you an SDK for perhaps $100-200
(some person who bought it then realized it was a lot of work to do win
aps).  Keep your eyes and ears open.  Bargains will appear for the alert.
Good luck.