[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Serial Communications

Randy_Humes@f117.n151.z1.fidonet.org (Randy Humes) (04/30/91)

Does anyone out there know of a Win3 serial communications program(with source)
that is a good example?

Norbert_Unterberg@p4.f36.n245.z2.fidonet.org (Norbert Unterberg) (05/03/91)

 > Does anyone out there know of a Win3 serial communications program(with
 > source) that is a good example?

Have you tried the TTY application on the Sample Source Code Disk from the SDK?

Norbert, 2:245/36.4

cadsi@ccad.uiowa.edu (CADSI) (05/06/91)

From article <673029436@f117.n151.z1.fidonet.org>, by Randy_Humes@f117.n151.z1.fidonet.org (Randy Humes):
> Does anyone out there know of a Win3 serial communications program(with source)
> that is a good example?

I don't know about 'good', but the MS SDK has just such a program in
the examples.  Its called TTY.

|Tom Hite					|  The views expressed by me |
|Manager, Product development			|  are mine, not necessarily |
|CADSI (Computer Aided Design Software Inc.	|  the views of CADSI.       |

epperson@adobe.COM (Mark Epperson) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May5.181232.30500@ccad.uiowa.edu> cadsi@ccad.uiowa.edu (CADSI) writes:
>From article <673029436@f117.n151.z1.fidonet.org>, by Randy_Humes@f117.n151.z1.fidonet.org (Randy Humes):
>> Does anyone out there know of a Win3 serial communications program(with source)
>> that is a good example?
>
>I don't know about 'good', but the MS SDK has just such a program in
>the examples.  Its called TTY.

also try MSKERMIT which was described in MSJ

Randy_Humes@f117.n151.z1.fidonet.org (Randy Humes) (05/09/91)

Yes, I have looked at it.  Also found a Kermit **example in MSJ Jan 1991 issue.
But is there shareware out there?  I find it hard to beleive that the only comm
examples are supplied by Microsoft.  What about non-MicroSoft
books with attached programs you can buy?  Pre-packaged DLL's?

demillo@porter.geo.brown.edu (Rob DeMillo) (05/14/91)

In article <1392996097@f50.n347.z1.fidonet.org> Kent_Stewart%f50.n347.z1@hippo.dfv.rwth-aachen.de (Kent Stewart) writes:

> >  > RH: Does anyone out there know of a Win3 serial communications
> > program(with
> > Look in the SDK example source supplied. I cann't
> > remember what its called, but when you see it you'll
> > know.
>
>Chris, you are thinking of tty from the 2.11 SDK.  It didn't come with the 3.0
>SDK.  I tried compiling it with 3.0 and msc6.00 and it blew windows off.  It

There was a TTY.C example that came with my SDK 3.00. It compiles
and links just fine...works, too.

 - Rob DeMillo			     | Internet: demillo@juliet.ll.mit.edu
   Mass Inst of Tech/Lincoln Lab     | Also:     demillo@porter.geo.brown.edu
   Weather Sensing Project-Group 43  | Reality:  401-273-0804 (home)
"I say you *are* the Messiah, Lord! And I ought to know, I've followed a few!"