[comp.windows.ms.programmer] keystroke record & playback

ebergman@isis.cs.du.edu (Eric Bergman-Terrell) (05/15/91)

I would like to add macro record & playback to a Windows program that I'm
working on.  Basically I'd like to have the macro recorder features built-in.

Are there routines in the API for this?  I couldn't find anything in the
index of the Prog. Ref.

Any hints will be appreciated!

Terrell

.

bonneau@hyper.hyper.com (Paul Bonneau) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May15.140905.17731@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu> ebergman@isis.cs.du.edu (Eric Bergman-Terrell) writes:

>I would like to add macro record & playback to a Windows program that I'm
>working on.  Basically I'd like to have the macro recorder features built-in.
>
>Are there routines in the API for this?  I couldn't find anything in the
>index of the Prog. Ref.
>
>Any hints will be appreciated!
>
>Terrell

The hook functions (SetWindowsHook()) WH_JOURNALRECORD and
WH_JOURNALPLAYBACK are just for this purpose.  We use them in
our app for QA and they work quite well.

cheers - Paul Bonneau.

ebergman@isis.cs.du.edu (Eric Bergman-Terrell) (05/18/91)

Thanks for the info. about using SetWindowsHook() for event record & playback.
I should have done a search on "RECORD" and "PLAY" with windows.h.

Terrell