[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Converting Adobe AFM files into ATM's PFM format

ex499jba@meade.seas.ucla.edu (Jerry A. Bakin) (05/20/91)

Is it known how, or is there a program, which will convert an Adobe font
metrics file (ASCII) into a Type Manager format (PFM)?

Who might know?

Thanks,

Jerry Bakin.

johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) (05/22/91)

In article <2807@lee.SEAS.UCLA.EDU> ex499jba@meade.seas.ucla.edu (Jerry A. Bakin) writes:
>Is it known how, or is there a program, which will convert an Adobe font
>metrics file (ASCII) into a Type Manager format (PFM)?

There are two programs that I know of to perform AFM->PFM conversion.  One
is the shareware program REFONT.  It converts Macintosh Type 1 fonts to IBM
Type 1 and will also do the conversion between AFM and PFM.  Another option
is the Adobe program MAKEPFM.  It comes with the Font Foundry software that
they bundle with the ATM Plus Pack.  It requires that you have a .INF file
though and I can't seem to find any documentation that details what the .INF
file contains.

John Munsch