[comp.windows.ms.programmer] FileManager - ProgramManager Communication

Joachim_Kainz@p11.f11.n310.z2.fidonet.org (Joachim Kainz) (05/14/91)

I am sorry to come up with the same question over and over again, but I am
really curious about this communication between the FileManger and the
ProgramManager.

As far as I found out yet, there is a undocumented window-message among the
WM_MDI*-messages. The value of the message is 0x22b and it is send to the
application when you drag an icon from the FileManager to the client-area of
the app.

wParam is set to 0 or 1, the LOWORD of the lParam is always 0 and the HIWORD
contains a value between 2000 and 5000 (dec).

Problem is: The messages are sent and not posted, so the spy does not tell to
much!

Anybody got an idea how this thing works?

jeroen_pluimers@f521.n281.z2.fidonet.org (Jeroen Pluimers) (05/16/91)

Hello Joachim!

In a msg of <13 May 91>, Joachim Kainz writes to .:

 JK> As far as I found out yet, there is a undocumented window-message
 JK> among the WM_MDI*-messages. The value of the message is 0x22b and it
 JK> is send to the application when you drag an icon from the FileManager
 JK> to the client-area of the app.

 JK> Anybody got an idea how this thing works?

It is being mentioned somewhere in the README files of the windows SDK. It says
that it is undocumented and there is a high chance that it becomes unsupported
in the future as they are working on a better system to communicate with the
program manager.

jeroen

Joachim_Kainz@p11.f11.n310.z2.fidonet.org (Joachim Kainz) (05/18/91)

 > It is being mentioned somewhere in the README files of the windows SDK.
 > It says that it is undocumented and there is a high chance that it
 > becomes unsupported in the future as they are working on a better
 > system to communicate with the program manager.

Thanks, but I read the readme too. I still would like to know how it works.

rdthomps@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Robert D. Thompson) (05/24/91)

In article <1493181406@p11.f11.n310.z2.fidonet.org> Joachim_Kainz%p11.f11.n310.z2@hippo.dfv.rwth-aachen.de (Joachim Kainz) writes:

> > It is being mentioned somewhere in the README files of the windows SDK.
> > It says that it is undocumented and there is a high chance that it
> > becomes unsupported in the future as they are working on a better
> > system to communicate with the program manager.
>
>Thanks, but I read the readme too. I still would like to know how it works.

	SPEAKING OF UNDOCUMENTED FUNCTIONS...

	Someone gave me help on printing to a printer without using
	the printer DC (to make it faster printing source printer
	code).

	Their help was great, but I CAN'T LINK MY APPLICATION NOW!!!!

	Apparently the undocumented calls are in a different library
	or I am doing something wrong!

	Christine (the one who helped me) if you are there, could you
	please help (I can't mail to UUCP a!b!c).

	Any help would be appreciated.

	Thanks...Regards |(8>
---
Robert