[comp.windows.ms.programmer] CodeView on a single screen!

tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) (05/21/91)

I have uploaded to cica CodeView for Windows 3.05, which is also being shipped
with the latest C6.0ax maintenance release.  It lets you debug your Windows
apps on a single monitor.  Courtesy of Microsoft via CompuServe!

There is also (finally!) an uncorrupted .zip file of Xantippe on cica.

[ \tom haapanen --- university of waterloo --- tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu ]
[ "i don't even know what street canada is on"               -- al capone ]

garrett@chopin.udel.edu (Joel Garrett) (05/23/91)

Doesn't this only work if you single screen is a VGA monitor?  Will it work
with EGA monitors?

tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) (05/28/91)

Kevin Owen <kevino@pollux.svale.hp.com> writes:
> I have looked on cica for the CodeView executable and can't seem to
> find it.  What is the file called?

The file is called CVW305.ZIP and it's currently (27 May) located in
/pub/pc/win3/uploads; if it's not there, you'll be able to find it
by checking the file /pub/pc/win3/last20uploads.

My previous upload of the file was removed as there were some who doubted
whether it was legal to place it there.  In case there is any doubt about it
this time, you can confirm that it is OK by sending mail to Eric Lander at
Microsoft <76701.76@compuserve.com>, who told me it was OK.

Have fun single-screen debugging, everyone!

Tom.Haapanen@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Tom Haapanen) (05/28/91)

Kevin Owen <kevino@pollux.svale.hp.com> writes:
> I have looked on cica for the CodeView executable and can't seem to
> find it.  What is the file called?

The file is called CVW305.ZIP and it's currently (27 May) located in
/pub/pc/win3/uploads; if it's not there, you'll be able to find it
by checking the file /pub/pc/win3/last20uploads.

My previous upload of the file was removed as there were some who doubted
whether it was legal to place it there.  In case there is any doubt about it
this time, you can confirm that it is OK by sending mail to Eric Lander at
Microsoft <76701.76@compuserve.com>, who told me it was OK.

Have fun single-screen debugging, everyone!

[ \tom haapanen --- university of waterloo --- tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu ]
[ "i don't even know what street canada is on"               -- al capone ]

 * Origin: Seaeast - Fidonet<->Usenet Gateway - sunbrk (1:343/15.0)