[comp.windows.ms.programmer] fonts into w4w

lrb@alex.ctrg.rri.uwo.ca (3787 x4108) (05/28/91)

I write postscript fonts. for years i have been adding them into the .PRD
files of word [4dos] and now those are not being used in w4w. I took the adobe
afm file and turned it into a pfm with REFONT, and installed it into the
win.ini file. w4w knows about the font but when I print, all i get is a blank
sheet. the problem is that the generated postscript does NOT have the text that
i want to display (ABCD) only the fontname (LetterHead).

Since we download the fonts permenantly only when the printer is turned off/on,
the PSO file is an empty file.

 [first 100 or so lines omitted]

0 0 0 fC
65 0 0 42 42 0 0 0 /LetterHead font
32 0 0 42 42 0 0 38 /Times-Roman /font32 ANSIFont font
315 320 82 (bcdg) SB
65 0 0 42 42 0 0 0 /LetterHead font
32 0 0 42 42 0 0 38 /Times-Roman /font32 ANSIFont font
315 420 82 (bcdg) SB
EJ RS SS
RS
end

note: that the Times-Roman text (both of the bcdg's) are in the output file.
the LetterHead font (BCDG) is not in the output file. why?

--
Lance R. Bailey  Systems Manager        box: Robarts Research Institute
          email: lrb@rri.uwo.ca              Clinical Trials Resources Group

3787.x4108@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (3787 x4108) (05/29/91)

[...]

 * Origin: Seaeast - Fidonet<->Usenet Gateway - sunbrk (1:343/15.0)