[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Dialog Box

aaron@backyard.bae.bellcore.com (Aaron Akman) (05/24/91)

When calling ``DialogBox()'' the 3rd parameter is the parent of the
dialog box.  Normally, thats the main window.  Has anyone tried making
a Dialog Box within a Dialog Box?  Like this:

	DialogBox(hInst, "inner box", hDlg, lpfnInnerDlgProc);

___________________________
Aaron Akman
aaron@backyard.bellcore.com
908-699-8019

James_Bell@f6.n3601.z1.fidonet.org (James Bell) (05/30/91)

> Has anyone tried making
> a Dialog Box within a Dialog Box?

Yup, works just dandy for me.  I do in a little status line program called
(appropriately enough) Statline.  It just got echoed on the win*net, so you may
find a copy around if you want to see it.
JB

Gary_Capps@p27.f30.n147.z1.fidonet.org (Gary Capps) (05/30/91)

In a message of <23 May 91 19:33:28> Aaron Akman wrote to All:

 AA>When calling ``DialogBox()'' the 3rd parameter is the parent of the
 AA>dialog box.  Normally, thats the main window.  Has anyone tried making
 AA>a Dialog Box within a Dialog Box?  Like this:
 AA>
 AA>	DialogBox(hInst, "inner box", hDlg, lpfnInnerDlgProc);

Yup.  It works just fine.

gc