[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Visual Basic vs. SDK

mh2620@sarek.sbc.com (Mark Horstman) (05/30/91)

In article <1742@west.West.Sun.COM>, Angus.Fox@UK.Sun.COM (Angus Fox) writes:
> Heard that Gates & Co have found their love for basic again and are
> producing an
> SDK based on Basic.
>
> Anybody have more concrete information?
>

> Angus Fox
> Sun Microsystems Europe Inc - Sitka

This is what I've been able to find out from articles and folks:

Microsoft has anounced it's Visual Basic product.  It is a WYSIWYG user
interface developer for Windows that looks to be pretty nice.  I know
some folks that had a copy and they really liked it.  From what I
understand it generates a high-level BASIC that can be 'interpreted'
for debugging, then compiled into an .EXE for production.

Can anyone shed more light on this?  If this is really the best thing
since sliced bread, why use SDK?

--
Mark Horstman
mh2620@sarek.sbc.com