[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Printing from TPW

juvonen@colossus.hut.fi (Panu P Juvonen) (05/27/91)

We have recently begun to program in TPW, and haven't been able to
find almost any information about controlling printer and printing
from TPW. So far we have succeeded to get some text out, but
when we try to change any printer settings (i.e. copies, orientation, etc.)
from the program, only result we have managed to get is an UAE.

So if someone has already succeeded in printing from a TPW-program
and even controlling the printer, we would be very interested to see
how it exactly should happen. If you could send some fragments of code
to demonstrate this, we would be very grateful.

--
Panu Juvonen
juvonen@niksula.hut.fi

Panu.P.Juvonen@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Panu P Juvonen) (05/28/91)

We have recently begun to program in TPW, and haven't been able to
find almost any information about controlling printer and printing
from TPW. So far we have succeeded to get some text out, but
when we try to change any printer settings (i.e. copies, orientation, etc.)
from the program, only result we have managed to get is an UAE.

So if someone has already succeeded in printing from a TPW-program
and even controlling the printer, we would be very interested to see
how it exactly should happen. If you could send some fragments of code
to demonstrate this, we would be very grateful.

--
Panu Juvonen
juvonen@niksula.hut.fi

 * Origin: Seaeast - Fidonet<->Usenet Gateway - sunbrk (1:343/15.0)

ebergman@isis.cs.du.edu (Eric Bergman-Terrell) (05/28/91)

Charles Petzold's "Programming Windows", MS Press contains detailed info.
on adding printer support to C language Windows programs.  Should be easy
to transliterate his examples to Pascal (I program in both C and Pascal).

Second best is MS Press' "Guide to Programming".

If you do advanced printing, the "Prog. Reference" from MS Press is recommended.

Terrell

Eric.Bergman-Terrell@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Eric Bergman-Terrell) (05/28/91)

jonpo@ulrik.uio.no (Jon Petter Omtvedt) (06/03/91)

>Subject: Printing from TPW
>From: Panu.P.Juvonen@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Panu P Juvonen)
>Date: 27 May 91 20:19:15 GMT

>We have recently begun to program in TPW, and haven't been able to
>find almost any information about controlling printer and printing
>from TPW. So far we have succeeded to get some text out, but
>when we try to change any printer settings (i.e. copies, orientation, etc.)
>from the program, only result we have managed to get is an UAE.

I haven't even been able to get anything out at all... I think a lot
of people have the same problem, so if you could post your source code
it would be much appreciated! Then as people get things working they
might perhaps post it too - in that way we don't have to spend time
writing code which already exists!

If somebody already has a working example - please share it with the
rest of us!

                        Best regards JPO