[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Usenet import

Craig_Derouen@f22.n343.z1.fidonet.org (Craig Derouen) (05/30/91)

Has anyone complained about all these Usenet imports?! I already get the
Windows.prog Usenet echo seperate so I sure don't want to see them here as
well. I belive it may also be violating some Usenet copywrights to do such...

Paul_King@f241.n260.z1.fidonet.org (Paul King) (05/31/91)

* Craig Derouen said to Echo Co-Ordinator:

 CD-> Has anyone complained about all these Usenet imports?! I
 CD-> already get the
 CD-> Windows.prog Usenet echo seperate so I sure don't want to
 CD-> see them here as
 CD-> well. I belive it may also be violating some Usenet
 CD-> copywrights to do such...

YES!!!.  It appears that someone in Zone 2 is importing because they feel like
it and I can't get them to stop.  As far as I'm concerned, it is starting to
become very annoying!

No one seems to be stepping up to, or owning the moderator position either.
Maybe we should elect one?

---

Will_Schlichtman@f59.n350.z1.fidonet.org (Will Schlichtman) (06/02/91)

On Jun 2, 1991 you wrote to Craig Derouen:

 PK>YES!!!.  It appears that someone in Zone 2 is importing because they feel
like it and
 PK>I can't get them to stop.  As far as I'm concerned, it is starting to
become very
 PK>annoying!

I second that notion.  Whoever is dumping the info, PLEASE STOP NOW!

 PK>No one seems to be stepping up to, or owning the moderator position either.
Maybe we
 PK>should elect one?

Again, I agree.  There is supposed to be a moderator from zone 2 or three, but
he does not seem to be moderating.

Paul_King@f241.n260.z1.fidonet.org (Paul King) (06/02/91)

 JG-> It would seem most appropriate and soon too if this is the case.
 JG-> George Peace is going to drop all unmoderated echoes from the
 JG-> backbone. He's also going to drop them if they are not in a
 JG-> current ELIST (which is the moderator's responsibility to
 JG-> keep up).
 JG->
 JG->         [ Jeff ]

OK, let's start by taking nominations, that is, if no one has a better idea.

---

Tim_Hoffman@f6003.n124.z1.fidonet.org (Tim Hoffman) (06/03/91)

-> No one seems to be stepping up to, or owning the moderator position
-> either. Maybe we should elect one?

  This is a nasty thought, but what if its the Moderator who is importing all
the usenet messages?

   :-(

Jeff_Galbraith@f21.n134.z1.fidonet.org (Jeff Galbraith) (06/04/91)

 A quick quote from your message of 02-Jun-91:

 JG->> It would seem most appropriate and soon too if this is the case.
 JG->> George Peace is going to drop all unmoderated echoes from the
 JG->> backbone. He's also going to drop them if they are not in a
 JG->> current ELIST (which is the moderator's responsibility to
 JG->> keep up).
 JG->>
 JG->>         [ Jeff ]

 PK> OK, let's start by taking nominations, that is, if no one has a better
 PK> idea.

Uhg. I just finished up elections in the CXL echo where I stepped
down after getting the echo started and moderating it for a year.

But sounds good to me, unless

WILL THE REAL MODERATOR PLEASE STAND UP - what? no one's moving.
Your move I suppose.

        [ Jeff ]