[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Zinc Interface Library

tzanussi@dar-4.nis.naitc.com (Tom Zanussi) (06/01/91)

Does anyone have any opinions on the Zinc Interface Library?  From what I've
seen, it looks fairly powerful - does char mode, graphics mode and Windows
from the same source, and the C++ class structure looks clean and useable.
Any reason to NOT use it?

--
Tom Zanussi		|	"A substance almost, but not quite,
tzanussi@nis.naitc.com  |	         entirely unlike tea."

jclose@potomac.ads.com (Jeff Close) (06/06/91)

In article <TZANUSSI.91May31184433@dar-4.nis.naitc.com> tzanussi@dar-4.nis.naitc.com (Tom Zanussi) writes:
>Does anyone have any opinions on the Zinc Interface Library?  From what I've
>seen, it looks fairly powerful - does char mode, graphics mode and Windows

I haven't used it, but my brother also does Windows programming and did a mini-
survey of class libraries.  He thought Zinc's was slightly inferior and thought
it looked like they had quickly converted their standard class library to
Windows.  He likes C++/Views.

--
InterNet: jclose@ads.com         | VoiceNet: 703-243-1611