[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Fidonet Import

kentfo@polari.UUCP (Kent Forschmiedt) (06/06/91)

In article <funpack118011@f1.n6000.z2.fidonet.org> Craig_Derouen%f22.n343.z1@hippo.dfv.rwth-aachen.de (Craig Derouen) writes:

>Has anyone complained about all these Usenet imports?! I already get the
>Windows.prog Usenet echo seperate so I sure don't want to see them here as
>well. I belive it may also be violating some Usenet copywrights to do such...

Ain't no such copyrights.  But what I want to know is which bright boy
thinks we want all of this fidonet junk cluttering up this newsgroup?
--
Kent Forschmiedt ... kentfo@polari ... uw-beaver!sumax!polari!kentfo

akm@obelix.cs.uoregon.edu (Anant Kartik Mithal) (06/07/91)

In article <4369@polari.UUCP> kentfo@polari.UUCP (Kent Forschmiedt) writes:
>In article <funpack118011@f1.n6000.z2.fidonet.org> Craig_Derouen%f22.n343.z1@hippo.dfv.rwth-aachen.de (Craig Derouen) writes:
>>Has anyone complained about all these Usenet imports?! I already get the
>>Windows.prog Usenet echo seperate so I sure don't want to see them here as
>>well. I belive it may also be violating some Usenet copywrights to do such..
>Ain't no such copyrights.  But what I want to know is which bright boy
>thinks we want all of this fidonet junk cluttering up this newsgroup?

I personally am quite happy that the discussion includes fidonet
users. However, I would like fidonet to comply with the original
charter of this newsgroup, and to keep discussions about who the
moderator of their newsgroup is out of our newsgroup.
comp.windows.ms.programmer is an unmoderated newgroup, and we expect
all users to police themselves.

I suggest that if fidonet can resolve among themselves whether or not
they want a seperate newsgroup to import/export usenet articles, and
if they agree that the gated newgroup will comply with our charter
(read the FAQ to get some idea of what that is), then they should
continue with the gate. If not, well maybe sometime in the future...

cheers,

kartik

--
Anant Kartik Mithal                                     akm@cs.uoregon.edu
Research Assistant, 					(503)346-4408 (msgs)

bonneau@hyper.hyper.com (Paul Bonneau) (06/07/91)

(Kent Forschmiedt) writes:

>Ain't no such copyrights.  But what I want to know is which bright boy
>thinks we want all of this fidonet junk cluttering up this newsgroup?
>--
>Kent Forschmiedt ... kentfo@polari ... uw-beaver!sumax!polari!kentfo

I agree!  In the last week or so a whole slew of fidonet
noise has sprung up here.  Its very annoying and not very
relevant.

- Paul Bonneau.