[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Codeview and other debuggers

chryses@xurilka.UUCP (Phong Co) (06/06/91)

Hi there,

Well, I finally got Codeview 3.05 running with my Hercules Graphics
Station Card.  I didn't notice that you had to use /V if you were
using vcv.386.  I still don't know why I should need it, since I'm
using the standard VGA driver.  Also, the text screen starts off
garbled (when it asks for the EXE and DLL names), but then it cleans
itself up.

While on the topic, are there any other debuggers for Windows?  How
does Borland's stack up?  I don't suppose it's compatible with
programs compiled with Microsoft C/SDK.  What about MultiScope?  All
comments welcome.

Phong.

Phong T. Co		|
chryses@xurilka.UUCP	|	Nice girls don't explode.
dada Indugu Inc.	|			-- Dave Sim (Cerebus #110)
Montreal, CANADA	|

bonneau@hyper.hyper.com (Paul Bonneau) (06/06/91)

In article <284d9824@xurilka.UUCP> chryses@xurilka.UUCP
(Phong Co) writes:

>While on the topic, are there any other debuggers for Windows?

You betcha.  Try wdeb386!  Anything else is for weanies!
(big (;).

cheers - Paul Bonneau.

ferdie@coyote.datalog.com (fred jarvis) (06/08/91)

chryses@xurilka.UUCP (Phong Co) writes:
> While on the topic, are there any other debuggers for Windows?  How
> does Borland's stack up?  I don't suppose it's compatible with
> programs compiled with Microsoft C/SDK.  What about MultiScope?  All
> comments welcome.

    I've been using Borland's Debugger supplied with Borland C++
to debug Microsoft C 6.0/SDK applications & like it quite a bit.
It works just great with a single monitor.  You do need to run a short
program they supply, TDCNVRT, to convert the Microsoft debugging info
to Borland format, a minor inconvenience.