[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Windows programming?

Joachim_Kainz@p11.f11.n310.z2.fidonet.org (Joachim Kainz) (05/26/91)

 > I just enabled this conference because the BBS lists it as
 > Windows.pr, and I assumed (yeah, I know...) that it would be a
 > Windows programming conference.  However, the one message I've
 > seen here so far seemed to have nothing to do with that topic.
 >
 > Did I guess wrong, or have I just not been here long enough yet?

The message you read was maybe one from the internet-guys. Well, they are a
little bit strange sometimes and nobody really knows why they invaded this
echo.

Tim_Carter@f222.n142.z1.fidonet.org (Tim Carter) (05/27/91)

 * Original <25 May 91  10:51:00> was from Doug Crocker              to Jerry
Houston

 > DC: The moderator is Tim Carter author of Oliver.

I am?  I thought it was Stephen Schwab from Zone 2.

C U on the bit stream, Tim

Tim_Carter@f222.n142.z1.fidonet.org (Tim Carter) (05/27/91)

 * Original <25 May 91  18:08:00> was from Jerry Houston to Doug Crocker

 > JH: Er, what's Oliver?

Oliver is a Microsoft Windows based FTSC compliant message editor.

  Designed for Sysops and Point operators, Oliver works on .MSG style (Opus,
Maximus 1.x, etc) message bases.  It provides full support for 4D addressing
(Zone:Net/Node.Point).

  Oliver is a full featured message editor providing such basic features as an
address book, message forwarding, copying, moving, printing and saving of
messages to disk files.  In addition Oliver adds an front end to AreaFix,
AreaMgr and RAID.

  And of course, Oliver provides these functions in a friendly, consistant
interface that is expected of a Windows application, including full
Cut/Copy/Paste functionality.

  Oliver is available on WinNet nodes around the world or direct from me @
1:142/222 @2400 baud or 1:142/1 @ HST speeds.

  Thanks for your interest!

C U on the bit stream, Tim

Jerry_Houston@f105.n343.z1.fidonet.org (Jerry Houston) (05/31/91)

In a 05-29-91 message to Jerry Houston, Randy Humes said:

RH**You have not been here long enuf.  Besides, there are side issues(just like
  **side affects) that relate to Windows programming...

Thanks... I'll be here.

Peter_Schmidhofer@p4.f15.n246.z2.fidonet.org (Peter Schmidhofer) (06/02/91)

Hello Tim!

 Once upon a time, Tim Carter wrote in a msg. to
 Doug Crocker at 27 May 91 something like this:

 TC> -!- Oliver v1.1c BETA
 TC>  * 0rigin: Home of Oliver, the first Windows message editor!

When will it be possible to handle QBBS-style msgbases with this editor ?

regards,
         Peter

Peter.Sheerin@f501.n914.z8.RBBS-NET.ORG (Peter Sheerin) (06/11/91)

In a letter to All, Doug Crocker writes:

DC> From: Doug_Crocker@f105.n343.z1.fidonet.org (Doug Crocker)
DC> Date: 25 May 91 09:51:00 GMT
DC> Newsgroups: comp.windows.ms.programmer
DC>
DC> In a Message to All <05-24-91  07:59> Jerry Houston wrote:
DC>

DC> Yea Jerry, this is the Windows Programming Echo.  It's a little slow
DC>
DC> about 20-30 messages a week, unless someone dumps UseNet stuff it
DC> here
DC> which has happened a couple of times.
DC>
DC> The moderator is Tim Carter author of Oliver.

Gee- sure seems like a Usenet Echo to me...

Say, hows WinQwk going? Are you still planning on a MDI version? If so,
when?

 * WinQwk 1.20 #50 * Not ALL men are fools - SOME are still SINGLE!

--
Peter Sheerin - via RBBS-NET node 8:914/201
INTERNET: Peter.Sheerin@f501.n914.z8.RBBS-NET.ORG