[comp.windows.ms.programmer] return values of LoadLibrary

gmccain@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Greg) (06/06/91)

I am getting a funny return code from LoadLibrary(), namely, it is 4.
A value less than 32 is an error,  but I really need to know what 4 means.  The
only slightly peculiar thing I am doing is that this LoadLibrary call is about
the 3rd or forth load of the *same* library, but I don't think that makes a
difference.  Any answers out there?

--
  O__/|         	      |         gmccain@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
  |   |	  ___  ____    ^ ____ |---------------------------------------
<-|-  |--/   | \  /  g | |___ |
 \----/	     |__\/__/ \| ___| |   The only good rat is a DEAD rat

bobsc@microsoft.UUCP (Bob SCHMIDT) (06/09/91)

gmccain@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Greg) writes:

%% I am getting a funny return code from LoadLibrary(), namely, it is 4.
%% A value less than 32 is an error,  but I really need to know what 4 means.

Undocmented 'LoadLibrary' return values are the same
as the corresponding DOS error codes.  In this case, error code 4
means 'too many open files (no open file handles available)'.
--
--  Bob Schmidt        bobsc@microsoft.UUCP
--

Norbert_Unterberg@p4.f36.n245.z2.fidonet.org (Norbert Unterberg) (06/12/91)

 > I am getting a funny return code from LoadLibrary(), namely, it is 4.
 > A value less than 32 is an error,  but I really need to know what 4
 > means.

I've read somewhere that the return codes from LoadLibrary() are DOS error
codes, so it could be `out of file handles (too many open files)'.

Norbert