[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Programming Windows Companion Disk

greg@turbo.atl.ga.us (Greg Montgomery) (06/13/91)

Is the disk for Programming Windows, Second Edition by Petzold
copyrighted and not supposed to be copied? I was thinking about getting
it, but $30 for a disk with nothing but source code listings already in
the book is an awful lot of money, so if its possible to get it
somewhere else (i.e. - anon uucp, etc.), I would much rather do that.
However, if I'm not supposed to do that, I'll try to order it...
Thanks..

----
Greg Montgomery | Montgomery Consultants, Inc. | Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A
Internet: greg@turbo.atl.ga.us                 | Home of the '96
UUCP: {rutgers,ogcise,gatech}!emory!turbo!greg | Olympics!

ferdie@coyote.datalog.com (fred jarvis) (06/19/91)

greg@turbo.atl.ga.us (Greg Montgomery) writes:

> Is the disk for Programming Windows, Second Edition by Petzold
> copyrighted and not supposed to be copied? I was thinking about getting
> it, but $30 for a disk with nothing but source code listings already in
> the book is an awful lot of money, so if its possible to get it
> somewhere else (i.e. - anon uucp, etc.), I would much rather do that.
> However, if I'm not supposed to do that, I'll try to order it...
> Thanks..

  I'm sure it's copyrighted.  Try typing in that "nothing but source"
from a 944 page book & see if it's worth $30 to you.  Also, many of
the examples are genuinely interesting a/o useful.