[comp.windows.ms.programmer] HOW CAN I GET AN MDI-CHILD W/ STYLE OF

rdthomps@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Robert D. Thompson) (06/23/91)

Someone,

	I have an MDI Application and I want the Child/Document Windows
	of it not to have thickframes (for resizing) and not to have
	a maximize box.  I need all other functionality of the MDI
	API, including tiling, cascading, minimizing into icons, etc...

	But my windows are dialogs - and I do not want the user to be
	able to size them and maximize.

	I have tried,

		GetWindowLong, XOR with WS_THICKFRAME and WS_MAXIMIZE BOX

	and it works - at first.

	Subsequent MDI calls cause the style to revert once again back
	to a thickframe with a maximize box.

	How can I change it perminately ???

	I also tried SetWindowsLong (as above) in MDIACTIVATEAPP and
	other such places, but things get really quirky then.

	Any help would be greatly appreciated.

	Thanks...Regards |(8>
---
Robert
rdthomps@vela.acs.oakland.edu

bonneau@hyper.hyper.com (Paul Bonneau) (06/26/91)

In article <7458@vela.acs.oakland.edu> rdthomps@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Robert D. Thompson) writes:

>Someone,
>
>	I have an MDI Application and I want the Child/Document Windows
>	of it not to have thickframes (for resizing) and not to have
>	a maximize box.  I need all other functionality of the MDI
>	API, including tiling, cascading, minimizing into icons, etc...
>
>	But my windows are dialogs - and I do not want the user to be
>	able to size them and maximize.
>
>	I have tried,
>
>		GetWindowLong, XOR with WS_THICKFRAME and WS_MAXIMIZE BOX
>
>	and it works - at first.
>
>	Subsequent MDI calls cause the style to revert once again back
>	to a thickframe with a maximize box.

Your problem is that SetWindowLong() only affects a
particular window (ie. an instance of a class, ie. object),
not the entire class.  What might try to do is use the
SetWindowLong() in the WM_CREATE message (or perhaps
WM_NCCREATE mesasge if you get one) of the window proc
itself.

cheers - Paul Bonneau.