[comp.windows.ms.programmer] How do I add buttons to the MDI frame?

hlam1@Bonnie.ICS.UCI.EDU (Herb Lam) (06/25/91)

Hello,

For the application I am writing, I would like to use buttons for some
of the commands rather then using the pull down menu.  However, I can't
figure out how to add the buttons on without having any of the MDI child
windows overlapping the buttons.  Does anyone have a good suggestion on
how I can do this?

Thanks,

Herb

ssl@hpkslx.mayfield.HP.COM (SSL Guest User) (06/27/91)

Herb writes:

> For the application I am writing, I would like to use buttons for some
> of the commands rather then using the pull down menu.  However, I can't
> figure out how to add the buttons on without having any of the MDI child
> windows overlapping the buttons.  Does anyone have a good suggestion on
> how I can do this?

Herb,

Refer to the multitude of posts on this subject prior to this one.
Also prepare yourself for the wrath of Robert Del Favero Jr.  He
answered this same, exact question earlier, but not before delivering
a stirring sermon condemning those who don't bootstrap themselves
to his satisfaction.

But just in case you don't get to those notes (or Robert doesn't get to
you)...

1. Create you buttons, etc. as children of the Frame Window.
2. Resize the Client window on a WM_SIZE appropriately.
   IMPORTANT: Do NOT fall thru to DefFrameProc().
3. Have a nice day.

Thomas
thomas@hpssl40.mayfield.hp.com