[comp.windows.ms.programmer] TPWin Debugger + SVGA Driver problem

KHOFMANN@cipvax.biolan.Uni-Koeln.DE (Kay Hofmann) (05/28/91)

Hi,
I have a problem when using the Turbo Windows Debugger.
I run Windows on a 386SX computer with an EIZO MDB-10 SVGA card using
the EIZO driver from cica.
When i call the debugger from Windows and exit from it afterwards, the
screen gets garbled and all actions seem to remain on a text-screen
overlaid with the graphics screen of windows.
When i re-install windows using standard VGA-driver, it works fine.
Has anyone observed such problems and is there a remedy ??
Thanks,
         Kay

magid@headcrash.Berkeley.EDU (Paul Magid) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May28.145402.127023@rrz.uni-koeln.de> KHOFMANN@cipvax.biolan.Uni-Koeln.DE (Kay Hofmann) writes:
>Hi,
>I have a problem when using the Turbo Windows Debugger.
>I run Windows on a 386SX computer with an EIZO MDB-10 SVGA card using

Yup, there is a problem with the debugger and SVGA cards.  I complained about it
on the net about two months ago and I was told that the problem was a "high
priority" and that it was being worked on.  That was 2 months ago, and I have
not heard a peep since.  I now know what Borland means by "high priority".
Furthermore, someone pointed me to code that supposedly help with the problems
that BC Debugger but gave me no joy.

I hope this is going to be fixed soon because this is beginning to piss me off!

Paul

Paul.Magid@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Paul Magid) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May28.145402.127023@rrz.uni-koeln.de> KHOFMANN@cipvax.biolan.Uni-Koeln.DE (Kay Hofmann) writes:
>Hi,
>I have a problem when using the Turbo Windows Debugger.
>I run Windows on a 386SX computer with an EIZO MDB-10 SVGA card using

Yup, there is a problem with the debugger and SVGA cards.  I complained about it
on the net about two months ago and I was told that the problem was a "high
priority" and that it was being worked on.  That was 2 months ago, and I have
not heard a peep since.  I now know what Borland means by "high priority".
Furthermore, someone pointed me to code that supposedly help with the problems
that BC Debugger but gave me no joy.

I hope this is going to be fixed soon because this is beginning to piss me off!

Paul

 * Origin: Seaeast - Fidonet<->Usenet Gateway - sunbrk (1:343/15.0)

P88036@BARILVM.BITNET (Ephraim Vider) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May28.145402.127023@rrz.uni-koeln.de>,
KHOFMANN@cipvax.biolan.Uni-Koeln.DE (Kay Hofmann) says:

>Hi,
>I have a problem when using the Turbo Windows Debugger.
>I run Windows on a 386SX computer with an EIZO MDB-10 SVGA card using
>the EIZO driver from cica.
>When i call the debugger from Windows and exit from it afterwards, the
>screen gets garbled and all actions seem to remain on a text-screen
>overlaid with the graphics screen of windows.
>When i re-install windows using standard VGA-driver, it works fine.
>Has anyone observed such problems and is there a remedy ??
>Thanks,
>         Kay

Hi,
I have seen the same problem with a Trident 8800 vga card and the
640x480x256 driver from the 2.0b version at cica.

If anyone has an explanation and/or a remedy, I would certainly like
to know about it.

         Ephraim

truman@yosemite.berkeley.edu (Tom Truman) (06/27/91)

--

You must use the standard VGA driver with this version of TDWIN.  It is in
the documentation.

//  If you can't run with the big dogs, ||  truman@zabriskie.berkeley.edu   //
//          STAY ON THE PORCH !!        ||                                  //