[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Help !! COMM PROBLEM !!

Douglas.Gelowitz@f43.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Douglas Gelowitz) (06/27/91)

I just recently installed MS-WINDOWS v3.0 and MS-DOS v5.0 on my 386.
However, I have been experiencing some problems using the
TELECOMMUNICATIONS program that comes with windows - actually, the
program won't work for me at all.   Every time I execute the TEL.
program I receive the error message: " you have no available COMM ports.
Please free up a COMM port" (well the message was something of the
sort).   I am able to use TELIX (a DOS based communications program)
from windows and it works fine.  Why won't the windows communications
program work ????????????????????????????????   The hardware I have is a
386-20 MHz, 4 Megs RAM, SupraMODEM, Microsoft Bus Mouse, and as stated
above, use MS-DOS 5.0.   I have no other problems with my computer.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!!!!
D.G.   :-)   :-)

--
Douglas Gelowitz - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: ...!herald!weyr!43!Douglas.Gelowitz

coates@UC780.UMD.EDU (06/29/91)

In article <338.286AD247@weyr.FIDONET.ORG>, Douglas.Gelowitz@f43.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Douglas Gelowitz) writes:
>I just recently installed MS-WINDOWS v3.0 and MS-DOS v5.0 on my 386.
>However, I have been experiencing some problems using the
>TELECOMMUNICATIONS program that comes with windows - actually, the
>program won't work for me at all.   Every time I execute the TEL.
>program I receive the error message: " you have no available COMM ports.
>Please free up a COMM port" (well the message was something of the
>sort).

I've experienced same.