[comp.windows.ms.programmer] time for a comp.binaries.ibm.pc.windows???

chanel@mensa.usc.edu (chanel summers) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun29.220040.1064@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us> mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) writes:

>Minor, somewhat unrelated question: Can VBRUN100.DLL be distributed freely,
>or do you have to buy Visual BASIC to get it?  If the latter, I don't
>think you'll see many freeware utilities written in Visual BASIC -- because
>few people will want to go out and buy Visual BASIC just to run a few
>utilities.

VBRUN100.DLL is freely distributable and has been making the rounds on the BBS
circuit for a few weeks now.  It's available on cica.cica.indiana.edu and on
the MSLANG Forum on CompuServe (and probably on GEnie as well).

Chanel