[comp.sys.amiga.multimedia] AmigaVision Woes

kws1x@krebs.acc.Virginia.EDU (Kenneth W. Smith Jr) (01/29/91)

	Hello again, fellow Netters!
	Well, the muchly awaited AmigaVision finally graced my doorstep!!
However, as with many things, I have a couple of questions for C= reps
who read the Net.
	First, is there supposed to be a "registration" type of card
with the software and manual?  I found the warranty info card that is
standard with just about everything that I've bought from C=.  I also
found and called the AV "helpline" but got no answer after about 20 or so
rings.  If I do need a registration card, how can I get one?
	Second, of course, my program disk is defective.  (Why couldn't
it have been one of the tutorial disks???????)  Do I send it to C= using
their "defective media" card + $10, or can I send it back to the AV
address that was on the box it arrived in?  Can I get the disk replaced
even though I do not have a "registration" card to send in?
	Any help will be greatly appreciated.  There's nothing like waiting
several months for something and then having to wait even longer.  Sigh.
That comment was not designed to be derogatory (sp?) towards C=, just
a statement about my disappointment.

	K W Smith, Jr.

| "But it's only a toilet lid!"                                    |
| "Oh, no, it is much more.  It is a means to summon us!"          |
| -Quotes from Clive Barker's little-known film "Lidraiser"        |

manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan28.181735.19942@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>, kws1x@krebs.acc.Virginia.EDU (Kenneth W. Smith Jr) writes:
> 	Second, of course, my program disk is defective.  (Why couldn't
> it have been one of the tutorial disks???????)  Do I send it to C= using
> their "defective media" card + $10, or can I send it back to the AV
> address that was on the box it arrived in?  Can I get the disk replaced
> even though I do not have a "registration" card to send in?

Take your master disk to your local Amiga dealer.  He has been given
permission to upgrade your master disk to 1.53g.  I am sure a bad disk
can be upgraded (made to work)

Tis that simple. :-)

> 	K W Smith, Jr.
>
> +------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | "But it's only a toilet lid!"                                    |
> | "Oh, no, it is much more.  It is a means to summon us!"          |
> |                                                                  |
> | -Quotes from Clive Barker's little-known film "Lidraiser"        |
> +------------------------------------------------------------------+

 -mark=

 +--------+   ==================================================
 | \/     |   Mark D. Manes                    "Mr. AmigaVision"
 | /\  \/ |   manes@vger.nsu.edu
 |     /  |   (804) 683-2532    "Make up your own mind! - AMIGA"
 +--------+   ==================================================

umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Daryl Turner) (01/30/91)

Our local user group was able to make AmigaVision available to members
at a vastly discounted price through Commodore Canada.  However, like
the previous poster said, no warranty card.  When I see a program with
a version number of any sorts, I have to wonder about upgradeability.
(esp. in the case of a number like v1.53G :)  Does having Commodore
send it to me themselves mean that I am a registered user, and
entitled to the cheap/free upgrades that might occur, or, since
we got a great deal, SOL?

Daryl Turner
Internet: umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca
Urrrrrggghhhh!,    What a RRRRRUSH! -Road Warrior Hawk, The Legion of Doom