[comp.sys.amiga.multimedia] Looking for Amigavision examples

wally@pallas.athenanet.com (Wally Hartshorn) (01/12/91)

In article <18819@shlump.nac.dec.com> plouff@kali.enet.dec.com writes:
>In article <18617@shlump.nac.dec.com> I asked
>>Back a few months ago there was a call on the net for finished
>>Amigavision example pieces.  Aside from one charming issue of the CDAUG
>>(Albany, NY) newsletter-on-disk, nothing seems to have surfaced.  Has
>>anyone uploaded other things to any public archive?

I just started working (well, technically, just THINKING about working) on
an AmigaVision application that would give people a glimpse of some games
that are available.  Basically it would just involve capturing some screen
shots from various points in the game and using AmigaVision to present the
screens, with commentary explaining it.  I would basically be just a way
to let people see what Bard's Tale II, for instance, looks like.  I hope
to have it ready in time for the next meeting of our user group (Feb 5),
so that we can use it at the computer show coming up here in Springfield.

If it turns into anything worth looking at, I'll make it available.  (Don't
hold your breath, though, as this will be my first attempt at using
AmigaVision for anything.)
--
Wally (uunet!pallas!wally or wally@athenanet.com)

"Signature needed.  Apply within."

easu052@orion.oac.uci.edu (Thu Ra Tin) (01/20/91)

Amigavision seems to have the slowest text reader anywhere?  I wonder why C= put that text reader.  Even on the A3000, the reader is so slow!  It's slower than anything I have seen.  It's not workable even on the A3000.

I know I can use other text readers, but I need the interface to be consistent with a program I am working on.  May be I am doing something wrong!  Can anybody help me!!!  Also what's the 900 number for the support line!   Thanks

ruslan@uncecs.edu (Robin C. LaPasha) (02/02/91)

After finally FINALLY getting my AmigaVision bird demo done, I've put it
into hubcap's incoming area (ab20 wasn't home tonight.)

That's hubcap.clemson.edu (a list here says it's 130.127.8.1, though I
don't use IP addresses and can't confirm it),
in /pub/amiga/incoming/MULTIMEDIA/VISION.FLOWS as the files
	birdnet1.lzh
	birdnet2.lzh
	birdnet.readme
Details like character case may change ... but the VISION.FLOWS directory
was otherwise empty as of last night, so it won't be hard to find.
Use binary transfer, as usual.

You'll notice it's two main files.  They're not equal in size - the
first one fills a whole disk when un-lharced, and the second one is
about 40% full (details on unpacking are in the readme file, of course.)

If you can't get to hubcap with anonymous ftp, remember the mailserver
method at bitftp and elsewhere (after my own request in
comp.sys.amiga.introduction, the detailed info has been reposted
there.)

For those of you who go pick up BirdNet, I would be REAL happy
if you could skim the BirdNet.doc file and send back some opinions
to me or this newsgroup (depending on how specific your comments are
to the particular flow.)

Enjoy!

(Oh - BTW, in case you want to know what it is before you read
the readme... it's a sample multimedia birdwatcher's book,
all of 8 birds...;^))

--
Robin LaPasha              |Keeper of the Amiga