[comp.sys.amiga.multimedia] I know I am griping, but I am under a deadline!!!

manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb12.054846.22987@engin.umich.edu>, baronz@caen.engin.umich.edu (Aaron L Richards) writes:
> 	Not to many postings ago, I reported that mouse interrupts seemed
> to be functionally disabled, even if not graphically so (The hit boxes
> defined still show on the screen, even if theyy do not function)
> I have experimented with it some more and find it to be true in a
> number of tests that I have run.

I have used AV and interupt icons do work.  You noted at the bottom
of your posting that you are using 1.31 of AmigaVision.  I shudder as
1.31 has some terrible problems, one of them being corruption of your
flow file if you move icons too much.  Your Amiga dealer has been
given a update to 1.53g and I _strongly_ urge you to get this update.

> 	I have found another error not documented in the AV manual,
> that occurred while I was testing the mouse interrupts in Amiga Vision.
> If you have the synthesized voice reading a file (I was in this case having it read
> s:startup-sequence) and have the mouse interrupt occur and show a
> graphic image, Amiga Vision will pop up a screen that says something to
> the effect of ERROR!!!  Voice Active!.

The error Voice Active means that you attempted to use sound while a
sound was in progress.  You should when processing a interupt, stop
the current sound and then use your new sound.

I _wish_ that AV would return a error code to the program or something
besides that nasty requestor, and this has been communicated to
Commodore. :-)

>      When I hit the OK button on this incredibly informative requester,
> it gave me another requester asking me if I wanted to continue the
> presentation or abort.
>
> I looked up the ERROR!!! Voice Active! error in the manual.  Or tried
> to anyway.  There is a beautiful list of errors in Appendix A,
> but it doesn't say anythig about the Voice active error.

Lou Wallace of AmigaWorld has a book out that I think is a "must get"
from what I have heard about it.

The AmigaVision manual is not bad, but it is sometimes difficult to
find things.

> 	These errors kind of take the pizzaz out of AmigaVision for
> me.  If it sounds like I am making simple, fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>  (sorry, modem just freaked 0ut 0n me, n0pe... the 0h key is freezing)
>
> brainless mistakes, tell me.  If my mistake was buyr%ng
> Amiga Visi0n, let me kn0w.
>
> PS  my AV versi0n is 1.31.

Get your upgrade... your code is at stake! ;-)

> (313) 761-7871 Eve
> (313) 763-4563 Day
>

> --
> *	President MACRO on Campus			  	    *
> *       (Michigan's Amiga Computer Resource Organization)           *
> *	Senior Computer Consultant -> Organizational Studies Lab    *
> *	Amiga Student Representative on Campus		 	    *
> *	baronz@caen.engin.umich.edu 			   	    *
> * 	Aaron_l._Richards.ubmts.cc.umich.edu		   	    *

 -mark=

 +--------+   ==================================================
 | \/     |   Mark D. Manes                    "Mr. AmigaVision"
 | /\  \/ |   manes@vger.nsu.edu
 |     /  |   (804) 683-2532    "Make up your own mind! - AMIGA"
 +--------+   ==================================================

ACPS1072@RYERSON <ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> (02/15/91)

RE:  ... You Amiga Dealer has gotten an update to version 1.53g...

  Is there any way to get an upgrade if you do not have your bill of sales
(I sent mine in for the $25 rebate)  ??

Derek Lang<<<<<   ?
acps1072@RYERSON  ?   "I'm making this up as I go."  - I. Jones
Toronto, ON       ?
CANADA            ?

baronz@caen.engin.umich.edu (Aaron L Richards) (02/16/91)

In article <634.27b9099a@vger.nsu.edu>, manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) writes:
> In article <1991Feb12.054846.22987@engin.umich.edu>, baronz@caen.engin.umich.edu (Aaron L Richards) writes:
> > 	Not to many postings ago, I reported that mouse interrupts seemed
> > to be functionally disabled, even if not graphically so (The hit boxes
> > defined still show on the screen, even if theyy do not function)
***
I meant that the mouse interrupts are functionally disabled by the Data
Form icon.  If you place a Mouse Interrupt hit box on the same form that
you are using a data form on, while the data form is active, the Mouse
Interrupt hit box will Not be active.  P.S.  I have visited my
dealer and gotten the 1.53 update.

> I have used AV and interupt icons do work.  You noted at the bottom
> of your posting that you are using 1.31 of AmigaVision.  I shudder as
> 1.31 has some terrible problems, one of them being corruption of your
> flow file if you move icons too much.  Your Amiga dealer has been
> given a update to 1.53g and I _strongly_ urge you to get this update.
>

> > 	I have found another error not documented in the AV manual,
> > that occurred while I was testing the mouse interrupts in Amiga Vision.
> > If you have the synthesized voice reading a file (I was in this case having it read
> > s:startup-sequence) and have the mouse interrupt occur and show a
> > graphic image, Amiga Vision will pop up a screen that says something to
> > the effect of ERROR!!!  Voice Active!.
>
> The error Voice Active means that you attempted to use sound while a
> sound was in progress.  You should when processing a interupt, stop
> the current sound and then use your new sound.
***
My interrupt did NOT start any new sounds, so I know that that is not the
problem.

> > I looked up the ERROR!!! Voice Active! error in the manual.  Or tried
> > to anyway.  There is a beautiful list of errors in Appendix A,
> > but it doesn't say anythig about the Voice active error.
>
> The AmigaVision manual is not bad, but it is sometimes difficult to
> find things.

I haven't had any problem finding the information that I needed in the
manual, its just that in this case it didn't exist!

> Get your upgrade... your code is at stake! ;-)

Did, and it hasn't made a difference..>

--

manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) (02/16/91)

In article <91045.172148ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA>, ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA (ACPS1072@RYERSON) writes:
> RE:  ... You Amiga Dealer has gotten an update to version 1.53g...
>
>   Is there any way to get an upgrade if you do not have your bill of sales
> (I sent mine in for the $25 rebate)  ??

Just take your disk to your dealer, he will copy it for you.