[comp.sys.amiga.multimedia] CDTV... where is it?

mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) (03/07/91)

	So where the heck is CDTV?  Rumors on top of rumors said Feb. 15 or so.
	What is the latest rumor?

	I noticed in the latest AC that there is a CDTV attachment for the
	500...

	Since the A3000 already has a SCSI port built into it, why isn't
	an A3000 version of the CDTV box coming out (I recall hearing
	that SCSI is used to interface the CDROM drive to the rest of
	the system.... true?) sooner rather than later?

	Are there certain regions of the US that will see CDTV first?

	-Mike-

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (03/13/91)

In article <19750001@hpmwmat.HP.COM- mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) writes:
-
-	Are there certain regions of the US that will see CDTV first?
-

Yes, I read that it would be in parts of USA + UK.

-	-Mike-

bhstereo@amiganet.chi.il.us (Brian Heagney) (03/13/91)

CDTV..It is "OFFICIALLY" coming out March 22nd...FOR sure, unlike when NO ONE
knows when WB 2.0 is coming out.

Look for ADGTH All Dogs Go To Heaven...it is done greatly...and the Audio "IS"
superb *about a 40mb portion*.

Have Fun!

|Send replies to:           |    //  "The computer for the Creative Mind"|
|                           |   //|                                      |
|bhstereo@amiganet.chi.il.us| \X/-|miga  * What, still running at 2400?  |

skipper@motaus.sps.mot.com (Skipper Smith) (03/14/91)

In article <2797@enea.se> tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) writes:
>In article <19750001@hpmwmat.HP.COM- mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) writes:
>-
>-	Are there certain regions of the US that will see CDTV first?
>-
>
>Yes, I read that it would be in parts of USA + UK.
>
>-	-Mike-

I attended FOSE (Federal Office Systems something) in W.D.C where Commodore
made a showing and had with them a CDTV.  I was told that CDTV will start
shipping in "target" markets first. Those targets included, but were not
limited to Chicago, New York, Dallas*, Los Angeles, and a few others (actually
I am not too sure about Dallas).  I was not told when actual shipments would
start, however.

--
Skipper Smith                             | skipper@motaus.sps.mot.com
Motorola Technical Training               | 8945 Guilford Rd  Ste 145

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (03/15/91)

In article <360@mixcom.COM> yyvvyy@mixcom.COM (Greg Tsoris) writes:

>I heard that the release date will be pushed back until next fall.
>
>-Greg-

Really?

I've heard that our store is expecting shipment on March 23rd.
Of course, knowing the reliability, I wouldn't put any money on it,
but...

[They're also expecting their first CDTV program in about a week...]

David Navas                                   navas@cory.berkeley.edu
"Oh, that's an Apple???  I though they just shot themselves in the head..."
[Also try c186br@holden, c260-ay@ara and c184-ap@torus]

david@twg.com (David S. Herron) (03/17/91)

See: my article just posted to comp.sys.amiga.misc ...

	David

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david@twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david@ms.uky.edu>

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Adam Hill) (03/18/91)

 In reference to CDTV titles have touched and played with:

 Classic Board Games 		- Merit SW
 World Atlas         		- Xiphas
 New Heritage Dict   		- Websters(???) Lots of pictures as well.
 A Farm Based Childrens Game 	- ????

  As far as quality the Atlas was the best. The NHD booted into a 1.3
CLI, so CDTV *IS* a 500 with a CD ROM drive after all.

  I also got to play with HyperMedia's FF Disk and the CD-ROM
Filesytem. The FF is NICE to have all on line and the CDROM-FS worked
very well (You have to have a 2091 or a Hardframe though, it DOES NOT
work on a GVP Series II - Yet.) The only problem is that the icons
WILL not (or ARE NOT) line(d) up and since it is a CDROM -- You cant
Snapshot them! Everything else was GREAT!

--
 adam hill --  hill@evax.uta.edu        ASOCC - University of Texas at UTA
     I programmed for three days          Make Up Your Own Mind.. AMIGA!