[comp.sys.amiga.multimedia] MONDO problem in AmigaVision

) <R38@psuvm.psu.edu> (05/30/91)

Is it me or my Amiga?  B-)
I have a Mouse Interrupt with several hit boxes
I then have a Loop with if-thens and some sobroutines
If I click in any of the hit boxes, it runs the interrupt,
and then just quits out of the program
(The quitting depends on timing- it does not happen all the time)

Ok, so I have sat here in front of my Amiga too long saying
"WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING??!!"

Can anyone help?

Marc Rifkin, r38@psuvm.psu.edu
Penn State's Amiga Student on Campus Consultant
and independent computer graphic artist

news@unixg.ubc.ca (Usenet News Maintenance) (05/30/91)

In article <91150.014856R38@psuvm.psu.edu> Marc Rifkin (Me!!) <R38@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>Is it me or my Amiga?  B-)
>I have a Mouse Interrupt with several hit boxes
>I then have a Loop with if-thens and some sobroutines
>If I click in any of the hit boxes, it runs the interrupt,
>and then just quits out of the program
>(The quitting depends on timing- it does not happen all the time)
>
>Ok, so I have sat here in front of my Amiga too long saying
>"WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING??!!"
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Marc Rifkin, r38@psuvm.psu.edu
>Penn State's Amiga Student on Campus Consultant
>and independent computer graphic artist

Here's a couple of things to check for.  In the Mouse wait requestor box, do
you have the "Any Click" turned off?  If you don't, a non-valid response may
result and that will kick you out.  If that isn't the problem check your
if-then requestor boxes to make sure that your line is response()=="x", where
x is the valuse that you get from the above Mouse interupt.  On why it does
it intermittently, I have no idea.  Does it happen when you click on any
particular choice or is it random?  Hope my suggestions help.

Eldon Wong

) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May30.160955.16901@unixg.ubc.ca>, news@unixg.ubc.ca (Usenet News
Maintenance) says:

>Here's a couple of things to check for.  In the Mouse wait requestor box, do
>you have the "Any Click" turned off?  If you don't, a non-valid response may
>result and that will kick you out.  If that isn't the problem check your

I did have Any Click turned on, but why would that kick out of the
program back to Amigavision?
(I am going to turn it off and test it)
Thanks,

briang@sdd.hp.com (Brian Gragg) (05/31/91)

In article <91150.014856R38@psuvm.psu.edu> you write:
>Is it me or my Amiga?  B-)
>I have a Mouse Interrupt with several hit boxes
>I then have a Loop with if-thens and some sobroutines
>If I click in any of the hit boxes, it runs the interrupt,
>and then just quits out of the program
>(The quitting depends on timing- it does not happen all the time)
>
>Ok, so I have sat here in front of my Amiga too long saying
>"WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING??!!"
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Marc Rifkin, r38@psuvm.psu.edu
>Penn State's Amiga Student on Campus Consultant
>and independent computer graphic artist

Here's some ideas:  Do you have a return at the end of the intrerrupt
routine?  Will the return from the interrupt routine (which may be the
command after where it was when the interupt happened) loop you back to
waiting for an interrupt?

Hope it helps.
Brian.

  Brian Gragg    briang@sdd.hp.com   hp-sdd!briang  uunet!ucsd!hp-sdd!briang
  Brian Gragg    briang@sdd.hp.com   hp-sdd!briang  uunet!ucsd!hp-sdd!briang

ewong@cheddar.ucs.ubc.ca (Eldon Wong) (05/31/91)

In article <91150.132941R38@psuvm.psu.edu> R38@psuvm.psu.edu (Me!!) writes:

>I did have Any Click turned on, but why would that kick out of the
>program back to Amigavision?
>(I am going to turn it off and test it)
>Thanks,
>Marc Rifkin, r38@psuvm.psu.edu
>Penn State's Amiga Student on Campus Consultant
>and independent computer graphic artist

It will kick you back to Amigavision if you click the mouse and there is no
valid response given.  This also depends upon whether your script has a valid
loop or return if the click produced a non-valid response.  It will go
through all of your if-then choices and not match and then will exit unless
the last "then" choice is to return to the start or is in a loop.  By turning
off any click, the choice must be in one of your hit boxes and must
therefore give a valid response.

Eldon Wong                     University Computing Services
ewong@ucs.ubc.ca               University of British Columbia