[comp.sys.amiga.multimedia] CDTV developer info wanted

mll@aio.jsc.nasa.gov (Mark Littlefield) (06/03/91)

Hey netters,

As I don't typically read the amiga newsgroups, I hope I'm sending
this to the right one.  I recently read about the new CDTV system and
would like to get some developers information about it.  I, along with
som companions, have been planning an educational application for IBC
PCs and CD-ROM, but CDTV sounds like a much better platform.

Anyway, if anyone out there has an address that I can write to for
information on developers kits, hardware requirements, and so on,
please let me know (Snail mail is ok, prefer e-mail).  Also, if
anybody out there has experience writing applications for CDTV, drop
me a line, I'd like to hear about your experiences.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark L. Littlefield
internet: mll@aio.jsc.nasa.gov
USsnail:  2101 San Sebastian Court #109
          Houston, TX 77058

kdarling@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu (Kevin Darling) (06/04/91)

> I recently read about the new CDTV system and
> would like to get some developers information about it.  [...]
> Anyway, if anyone out there has an address that I can write to for
> information on developers kits, hardware requirements, and so on,

I assume you're a commercial group, versus a school?  Describe your project
in a couple of pages, then send that and a request to:

        A Commercial CDTV Developer Package
        E. J. Mungin
        CATS Dept.
        1200 Wilson Drive
        West Chester, PA 19380

I believe they suggest using an Amiga 2500/30 as the development system,
and an Amiga 2000HD as the CDTV player emulator.

best - kevin <kdarling@catt.ncsu.edu>

ryan@amix.commodore.com (Ryan Sheftel) (06/07/91)

mll@aio.jsc.nasa.gov (Mark Littlefield) writes:

> Hey netters,
>
> As I don't typically read the amiga newsgroups, I hope I'm sending
> this to the right one.  I recently read about the new CDTV system and
> would like to get some developers information about it.  I, along with
> som companions, have been planning an educational application for IBC
> PCs and CD-ROM, but CDTV sounds like a much better platform.
>
> Anyway, if anyone out there has an address that I can write to for
> information on developers kits, hardware requirements, and so on,
> please let me know (Snail mail is ok, prefer e-mail).  Also, if
> anybody out there has experience writing applications for CDTV, drop
> me a line, I'd like to hear about your experiences.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark
>

> --
> Mark L. Littlefield
> internet: mll@aio.jsc.nasa.gov
> USsnail:  2101 San Sebastian Court #109
>           Houston, TX 77058

There is a fellow around here who is developing stuff for the CDTV and
says that the developer pack is very nice. Try callling CATS in West
Chester, PA (areacode 215). I don't know the number but I bet information
does. Also a friend of mine is working for Applied Optical Media, of
World Vista fame.

----------
Ryan Sheftel

UUCP: uunet!cbmvax!amix!undrground!ryan
Internet: undrground!ryan@amix.commodore.com

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (06/07/91)

In article <PLw531w164w@undrground.UUCP> undrground!ryan@amix.commodore.com (Ryan Sheftel) writes:
>mll@aio.jsc.nasa.gov (Mark Littlefield) writes:
>

>> ...recently read about the new CDTV system and
>> would like to get some developers information...
>>
>> Anyway, if anyone out there has an address that I can write to for
>> information on developers kits, hardware requirements, and so on,
>> please let me know...
>
>...Try calling CATS in West
>Chester, PA (areacode 215). I don't know the number...

Hey, why is it that no one can remember where we live!?!   :-)

Here it is again, everyone capture this as there will be a test next week.

Send mail to:

	CATS-Admin
	1200 Wilson Drive
	West Chester, PA  19380

And ask for information on the developer support program.  I believe
that you can also call (215) 431-9180 and they will send you the info.

There are two developer levels, both require that you be working
on a product that you believe will make it to market.

Developer status includes a subscription to AmigaMail (our technical
newsletter), access to beta software, access to developers conferences,
and access to closed conferences on BIX.  Commercial status also
includes phone support.

	Certified Developer, $75/year, no phone support, no other
	    requirements.  $25 signup cost.

	Commercial Developer, $450/year, phone support, requires that
	    you have an existing product on the market.  $50 signup cost.

CATS also offers materials such as DevCon notes, 1.3 Developer Update,
and AmigaMail.  The 2.0 Native Developer Update is not ready yet.
Specific 2.0 materials currently only available to registered
developers.

Prices and ordering information are available at the above address.

**** Most of the CATS developer support materials are available  ****
**** to non-developers, so you can get the technical information ****
**** even if you do not want to become a developer.              ****
--
Ken Farinsky - CATS - Commodore Business Machines

carolyn@cbmvax.commodore.com (Carolyn Scheppner - CATS) (06/08/91)

In article <22222@cbmvax.commodore.com> ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) writes:
>In article <PLw531w164w@undrground.UUCP> undrground!ryan@amix.commodore.com (Ryan Sheftel) writes:
>>mll@aio.jsc.nasa.gov (Mark Littlefield) writes:
>>

>>> ...recently read about the new CDTV system and
>>> would like to get some developers information...
>>>
>>> Anyway, if anyone out there has an address that I can write to for
>>> information on developers kits, hardware requirements, and so on,
>>> please let me know...

Just to add to Ken's response

Currently, you must become a registered Amiga CDTV developer to
get the CDTV docs.  Commercial ($450) program members who submit
CDTV-specific product profiles or plans can currently receive the
CDTV docs for free.  Certified ($75) program members who submit
CDTV-specific product profiles or plans may purchase the CDTV
docs for an additional $75.

To qualify for the Certified program, you must be developing a
salable product for the Amiga.  To qualify for the Commercial
program, you must have existing commercial products on some
platform.

If you are in the US and would like a CDTV developer application,
you could mail your request and US Mail address to

	leslie@commodore.com

If you are in a different country, you must contact your local
Commodore developer support organization.

 Carolyn Scheppner -- Tech. Mgr. CATS - Commodore Amiga Technical Support
 PHONE 215-431-9180 {uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!carolyn  carolyn@commodore.com

 Spice up old code with a dazzling array of pointers to void functions.