[comp.sys.amiga.multimedia] HAM conversion question

sl87m@cc.usu.edu (The Barking Pumpkin Digital Gratification Ensemble) (06/20/91)

In article <1991Jun15.163549.8948@sugar.hackercorp.com>, peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
> If you want good HAM conversion, use HAMLAB by J. Edward Hanway. It supports
> all manner of dithering algorithms and does a very good job of converting
> high color resolution images in a variety of formats.
> --
> Peter da Silva.   `-_-'   <peter@sugar.neosoft.com>.
>                    'U`    "Have you hugged your wolf today?"
>
> (Back from vacation back home in Australia)

I've used HAMLAB for converting .GIF files.  It creates fantastic pictures.
However, what does it store its files as, specifically?  I've not been able to
display any of the pictures that it's converted and stored as SHAM files.
Or, is there a PD/shareware program that will display these pictures? Without
the ability to do this, HAMLAB is really useless to me.

Thanks!

James