[comp.sys.amiga.multimedia] AmigaVision

GHGAQA4@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Tyberghein Jorrit) (01/23/91)

Hi,

  I've bought my Amiga 3000 5 months ago and I have still not
received AmigaVision. I live in Belgium. What is the problem ?
Why does it take so long ? I have filled in the special form
required to get AmigaVision and I have send it to Commodore
(in Belgium).

                Jorrit Tyberghein

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (01/30/91)

I just bought Amiga Vision but was sad to find out that I couldn't use joy-
sticks to controll action in AV.  My question to the net is:  Does any one
know if theirs a way to do it?  Use Joysticks on AV???

Please email me

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<->                                                                     <->
<->    AMIGA MAN         ///          **** Kansas State University **** <->
<->                     ///            * Email set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu * <->
<-> :-) :-) :-)        ///             * Phone (913)-776-5027 Home *    <->
<-> :-) :-) :-)    \\\///              * Phone (913)-539-7283 Modem *   <->
<-> :-) :-) :-)     \\//                                                <->
<->                  \/                                                 <->
<->                             And Justice For All ... - Metallica     <->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

ottmar@ajberl.UUCP (Ottmar Roehrig) (01/31/91)

>In article <1991Jan29.180110.19911@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) writes:
>I just bought Amiga Vision but was sad to find out that I couldn't use joy-
>sticks to controll action in AV.  My question to the net is:  Does any one
>know if theirs a way to do it?  Use Joysticks on AV???

Sure, writing an ARexx-Program to look at the joystick-port shouldn't
be too difficult and from there you can set an AV-Variable which can
be tested with the expression-editor.  I haven't done it yet, but I
suppose it shouldn't be only possible but even quite easy.

Btw: I agree that this is one of the most missing functions in AV!

Ottmar
==
AtelierRoehrig, Ottmar Roehrig, Hamburg, Germany
  UUCP: ...!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!ajberl!ottmar

  "42" (Deep Thought, some million years ago)

tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (Kenneth Jamieson) (04/01/91)

	If someone could uuencode and email me a small, simple AV
program to do a SIMPLE database I would appreciate it -- The book has
few examples.

	Thanks!

--
========[ Xanadu Enterprises Inc. Amiga & Unix Software Development]=======
= "I know how you feel, you don't know if you want to hit me or kiss me - =

j-yang@ttidcc.tti.com (Jungbo Yang) (06/19/91)

I have AmigaVision sitting on my book shelf collecting dust.
I used it just enough to see what it was when I got it.
(I paid $120 for it too.  oh well...)
I just remembered about it this morning.  I don't exactly know why.
I am wondering how it is doing these days.  Is there any upgrading?
Anything worthwhile done in it?  I am interested in taking a look at
it again because with enough support modules and new icons, it could be
interesting.

luser@disk.uucp (Luser) (06/21/91)

j-yang@ttidcc.tti.com (Jungbo Yang) writes:

>I have AmigaVision sitting on my book shelf collecting dust.
>I used it just enough to see what it was when I got it.
>(I paid $120 for it too.  oh well...)
>I just remembered about it this morning.  I don't exactly know why.
>I am wondering how it is doing these days.  Is there any upgrading?
>Anything worthwhile done in it?  I am interested in taking a look at
>it again because with enough support modules and new icons, it could be
>interesting.

Well, I don't know if there are any upgrades, but I have seen some worthwhile
programs created with it.  The Indianapolis Zoo used it to create a "map" of the
zoo.  The implimented a touch screen, so all one has to do, it touch the animal,
and description of the animal (a digitized voice sample) and where it is located
in the zoo is given.  They also have a digitized file of the animals sound.

I'm not sure if they have implimented it yet at the zoo.  I saw only a small
demo of it.  It did look promising.

I am currently working on a program that will interface with a database of a
user groups PD disks.  They will be able to search it by usinga touch screen or
the mouse.  (OK.. maybe that isn't worth while, but I had to brag <grin>)

Other than that, I'm in the dark.  I do know that GEnie now has an entire
section dedicated to AmigaVision files only.

					Luser

--
|  That is not dead which can eternal lie,  |        uunet!coplex!disk!luser
| and with strange eons even death may die. |
+-------------------------H.P. Lovecraft----+             Dieties 'R' Us