[comp.windows.open-look] rectlist in canvas_repaint_proc in xview

coleman@cam.nist.gov (Sean Sheridan Coleman X5672) (11/12/90)

In xview, I was looking at the Rectlist passed to the
canvas_repaint_proc using dbxtool. The bounding rectangle was
filled with all negative values and the pointer to the head
of the list of rectnodes which describes the areas to repaint,
points to bad data addresses. Got any ideas what gives?

Sean Coleman
NIST
coleman@bldrdoc.gov
Boulder, CO

mh@roger.imsd.contel.com (Mike Hoegeman) (11/14/90)

In article <5755@alpha.cam.nist.gov> coleman@cam.nist.gov (Sean Sheridan Coleman X5672) writes:

 >In xview, I was looking at the Rectlist passed to the
 >canvas_repaint_proc using dbxtool. The bounding rectangle was
 >filled with all negative values and the pointer to the head
 >of the list of rectnodes which describes the areas to repaint,
 >points to bad data addresses. Got any ideas what gives?
 >

 >Sean Coleman
 >NIST
 >coleman@bldrdoc.gov
 >Boulder, CO

Most likely, it's because you have the wrong attribute for
CANVAS_X_PAINT_WINDOW set for the canvas being repainted.  You need
this to be true if your are doing repainting using the Xlib style
damage list and false if you are doing xview style damage list.  Check
out section 5.3 in the O'Reilly book to see exactly what to do. The
illuminating bits are a few pages back in the section (page 86-87 in my
book).

mike hoegeman, mh@roger.imsd.contel.com