[comp.windows.open-look] FrameMaker 2.1X & OLWM

drich@klaatu.lanl.gov (David O. Rich) (11/21/90)

I've got FrameMaker 2.1X running on my Sparc under OpenWindows.  Is
there a way to assign different names to the document icons? Or,
better yet, is there a way to force the OLWM to display the entire
icon name and not just part of it? The problem is that FM uses the
file name (containing the Maker document) as the label for the icon.
This would be fine except that long filenames get chopped off which
makes for a label that is pretty much useless (just as well not have
one at all).

On a related note, can some one send me the complete list of resources
for FrameMaker 2.1X (there is a sample .Xdefaults with some Maker
resources listed -- is that it?).

Thanks,

--Dave
David Rich            | Military Systems Analysis Group (A-5)
Email: dor@lanl.gov   | Mail Stop F602
Phone: (505) 665-0726 | Los Alamos National Laboratory
FAX  : (505) 665-2017 | Los Alamos, NM 87545
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
"...in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..."

lalonde@mitel ( iccad) (11/21/90)

drich@klaatu.lanl.gov (David O. Rich) writes:

>On a related note, can some one send me the complete list of resources
>for FrameMaker 2.1X (there is a sample .Xdefaults with some Maker
>resources listed -- is that it?).
Check out the files in the following directories:
       $FMHOME/.fminit2.0/xresources
       $FMHOME/.fminit2.0/english/xresources

Terry Lalonde (613)592-2122       Revenge is a confession of pain. (Seneca)
Internet: lalonde@mitel.com       Usenet:  ...!uunet!mitel!lalonde

pjb@frame.com (Paul Bailey) (11/22/90)

In article <DRICH.90Nov20140845@klaatu.lanl.gov>, drich@klaatu.lanl.gov
(David O. Rich) writes:

> On a related note, can some one send me the complete list of resources
> for FrameMaker 2.1X (there is a sample .Xdefaults with some Maker
> resources listed -- is that it?).

Most of the resources are listed in $FMHOME/.fminit2.0/xresources/Maker.  In
addition, there's a sample demo account, complete with a .Xdefaults file in
$FMHOME/demo (this may not have been installed at your site).  This information
is in the appendix on customizing FrameMaker.  Please refer to that.

Paul J. Bailey                  Manager, X Projects
Frame Technology Corp.          1010 Rincon Circle, San Jose, Ca. 95131
Domain: pjb@frame.com           (408) 922-2778
UUCP: {ames,adobe,hplabs,riacs,sun,vsi1}!frame!pjb

In article <5403@mitel>, lalonde@mitel ( iccad) writes:
> drich@klaatu.lanl.gov (David O. Rich) writes:
>
> >On a related note, can some one send me the complete list of resources
> >for FrameMaker 2.1X (there is a sample .Xdefaults with some Maker
> >resources listed -- is that it?).
> Check out the files in the following directories:
>        $FMHOME/.fminit2.0/xresources
>        $FMHOME/.fminit2.0/english/xresources

The files in $FMHOME/.fminit2.0/xresources are there for the site administrator
to modify.  Changing any of the files in $FMHOME/.fminit2.0/english/xresources
is not supported and may cause problems with FrameMaker execution.  I wouldn't
recommend it.