[comp.windows.open-look] Printing from Calendar Manager

leister@yooringa.trl.oz.au (Neil Leister) (11/22/90)

When we try to use the print function in Calendar Manager all we get on
the printer is the postcript file.

We can print by printing to a file and then using lpr -v to correctly
print that file.

The printer is an Apple Laserwriter+.

Is there any ideas on how to print directly to the printer?

Neil Leister
VLSI Unit
Switched Networks Research Branch
Telecom Australia Research Laboratories
P.O. Box 249 Clayton,
Victoria 3168,   AUSTRALIA

Phone: +1 61 3 541 6744
ACSnet:     n.leister@trl.OZ[.AU]
Internet:   n.leister@trl.OZ.AU

jon@research.canon.oz.au (Jon Windle) (11/23/90)

In article <1990Nov21.231937.27999@trl.oz.au> leister@yooringa.trl.oz.au (Neil Leister) writes:

>When we try to use the print function in Calendar Manager all we get on
>the printer is the postcript file.
>
>We can print by printing to a file and then using lpr -v to correctly
>print that file.
>
>The printer is an Apple Laserwriter+.
>
>Is there any ideas on how to print directly to the printer?
>

>Neil Leister
>VLSI Unit
>Switched Networks Research Branch
>Telecom Australia Research Laboratories
>P.O. Box 249 Clayton,
>Victoria 3168,   AUSTRALIA
>
>Phone: +1 61 3 541 6744
>ACSnet:     n.leister@trl.OZ[.AU]
>Internet:   n.leister@trl.OZ.AU

It sounds as if the spooler is converting your file to text and
passing it on; this maybe because there is no proper header that
indicates to the spooler that it is encapsulated postscript.

Fixing it is another question as the one I use here works fine to our
apple laser writer. I'll see if I can find onything else.
--
Jon Windle, Software Engineer.               | Net:   jon@research.canon.oz.au
Canon Information Systems Research Australia | Phone: +1 61 2 805 2913