[comp.windows.open-look] Porting XView 2.0 to System V/386

roell@informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Thomas Roell) (11/16/90)

Has anybody done this yet ? I started doing this, but I ran into very big
problems with the notifier stuff.

- Thomas
Mail:                    Thomas Roell (c/o Daniel Hernandez)
                         Inst. f. Informatik / Technische Universitaet M"unchen
                         Arcisstr. 21 / 8000 Munich 2 / Fed.Rep. of Germany
E-Mail (domain):	 roell@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de
UUCP (when above fails): roell@tumult.{uucp | informatik.tu-muenchen.de}

dewey@dell.dell.com (Dewey Coffman) (11/21/90)

In article <5580@tuminfo1.lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de> roell@informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Thomas Roell) writes:
>Has anybody done this yet ? I started doing this, but I ran into very big
>problems with the notifier stuff.
>
>- Thomas
>--
	This has been done for Dell UNIX V.4 and is included in the
	base price of $995 along with the rest of the Software Development
	and X Development kits. For more info, send a Postal Address to
	info@dell.com, this is not a email response, but you'll get
	some hardcopy info in the mail.

--
	Dewey Coffman
	Dell Computer Corp.

satou@sun4 (Sato Hiroyuki) (11/29/90)

In article <5580@tuminfo1.lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de> roell@informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Thomas Roell) writes:

 Thomas>Has anybody done this yet ? I started doing this, but I ran into very big
 Thomas>problems with the notifier stuff.
 Thomas>
 Thomas>- Thomas
 Thomas>--

I also tried to port XView to UTS (Amdahl SysVR3 UNIX) but in vain.
Does anybody know an escape to port Sun's timer routines to SysV timer routines?

-- Schuko.
Sato Hiroyuki
Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.